PDA

View Full Version : Del Valle in the rain today!

STRIPER_STEVE
03-01-2009, 04:19 PM
Well I left my house thinking oh a small shower or two wont be that bad. I get halfway to the lake and it starts a steady rain and never stopped. When I launched my boat the wind started to pick up and it never stopped either. Fished rapalas for 2 hours struggling to keep the boat going straight. Hooked up a nice 3.5 lber and forgot the net in the car. I released the trout to grow for the Fest.

Water temp: 54
Water clarity : 3-4 ft
Rapala: J-7 custom colors ;D

Didnt get a pic as the camera would have been soaked.

biggamehunter67
03-01-2009, 04:48 PM
do they inspect your boat every day there???....thanks for the info....cya in 2 weeks rick

The Reel Deal
03-01-2009, 04:53 PM
you are brave.I was debating a trip but it was raining in the morning and did not let up until about an hour ago. took the time to get some of my tackle in order for striper season.

STRIPER_STEVE
03-01-2009, 04:54 PM
I was banded so it was just a cutting of the band and when I was done they rebanded my boat...... Yes they are there everyday to inspect your boat. but there isnt a inspection fee if your boat still has a band on it from a previous outing.

Floating Office
03-01-2009, 09:24 PM
STRIPER STEVE,
I hear ya, its very frustrating navigating in wind while trying to troll, many times multitasking too like tying on a new set up or setting the downrigger. Sounds like you were rewarding by a nice size fish though, way to go! What part of the lake did you fish?

How was the water clarity in the south end? I heard the water level rose quite a bit and is now all the way back to the campground dock. Thanks for the update!

STRIPER_STEVE
03-02-2009, 04:30 AM
I was in the south end and the water wasnt as bad as i expexted. I would say about 2-3 ft of water clarity and has risen quite a bit. I was being pelted by rain the whole time and wasnt really paying attention. Just trying to keep the boat from doing circle due to the wind. less than 2 weeks til the FEST!!!!!!!! ;D