PDA

View Full Version : New to Fish Sniffer

HeatherD
02-27-2009, 09:09 AM
Hi all,

I'm new to the Fish Sniffer and am very impressed with all the good info here. I've been fishing Northern Ca since I was kid but am not too familiar with Camanche or Pardee. I've fished Camanche once and never been to Pardee. I'm thinking of hitting Pardee this Saturday. Will be fishing from the boat and am looking for ideas on what might work.
Any ideas would be appreciated.

Heather

Fishin510
02-27-2009, 09:12 AM
Welcome to the sniffer!

There are a lot of good people on this thing. I haven't been to pardee lately but I'm sure you will get a bunch of responses on this. Just wanted to say welcome to the board!

StraightBallin
02-27-2009, 09:27 AM
Welcome to the sniffer!

There are a lot of good people on this thing. I haven't been to pardee lately but I'm sure you will get a bunch of responses on this. Just wanted to say welcome to the board!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!

Hlawatyr
02-27-2009, 09:28 AM
:)Welcome to the FS,check the trout board FAQ'S a lot of info there and techniques good luck and enjoy [smiley=angling.gif]

hunewill20
02-27-2009, 09:40 AM
Try up in the river arm directly accross from the 3rd floating outhouse (north side of arm) pretty close to the bank, in and around those small points and minor coves here. I've done really well lately trolling here with Seps flashers and a fire-tiger colored Uncle Larry's spinner threaded with a mini crawler. Broadway Bait in Sac has these lures. Best @ .5-.8 mph and lots of hits on the inside rod when I turn, perhaps indicating the fish are a little deeper as the inside rig will flutter and sink a little on a turn. This is the only area I've found active fish on my 2 trips to this lake.

Kevin

leather_head
02-27-2009, 10:39 AM
Welcome!

Old_School
02-27-2009, 11:40 AM
Welcome,

At the bottom of the trout board are numbers to the pages of past reports. Pardee just opened for the season at the beginning of Feb and there were a lot of reports from the opener. Go back 3 to 5 pages and you should find some good info.

Pardees is a nice lake. I'll get out there sooner or later.
Old School

HeatherD
02-27-2009, 01:43 PM
Thank you all for the welcome and for the valuable information.

Heather

Mackattack
02-27-2009, 03:39 PM
Welcome aboard Heather. Lots of sniffers up in your area, so you should get some good info here.

Mackattack

dinos marine
02-27-2009, 03:58 PM
heather,
welcome to the boards! nice of you to join us. now you need the stars!!!! goos luck fishing this weekend. just post some pictures with your results. we like pictures :D ;D
i plan on checking out amador tomorrow.

Empire
02-27-2009, 04:03 PM
Welcome Heather.

The boards are a great deal of fun and information. We respond quite well to fishing pics, so post them up.

BTW: Heather is the name we were going to use if my wife and I had any daughters. Great name.

jannwells
02-27-2009, 04:12 PM
Welcome Heather!!! :)

Never
02-27-2009, 04:12 PM
make your priority getting every last drop of water out of your boat 4 the mussel inspection! If you have ? Post them. Or search this site ( pardee boat inspection)

oh, get some procure shad gel it makes all the hits stick! Ps it doesn't come off easily so I just put it on the hooks and split rings.

Jonezin2fish
02-27-2009, 04:15 PM
Welcome Heather....tons of previous reports on here to get you going.

gills
02-27-2009, 04:25 PM
Welcome to the boards Heather!

Go straight up the river arm, troll Seps Dodgers with nightcrawlers on a 12" leader behind the Dodger use a worm threader to put the night crawler on. Top line 80' to 100' back @ 1.5 to 2.0 mph you should do good.

If there not hitting that put the same setups on the downriggers 20' to 30' .. Good Luck. And remember we like pictures..

Gills 8-)