PDA

View Full Version : 1st trip to Pyramid.. need some help

Lil_Richy
02-24-2009, 09:33 AM
Hey all!
I'm a Sacramento area guy that has never been to Pyramid but after looking at all the posts, I'm anxious to give it a try some time soon. Sounds like its kind of a unique fishery with the hybreds in there. I'll be bringing the boat and trolling so the questions for ya all...
Is the March / April range a good time to be hitting it?
What areas are the hot areas to troll?
Given the time of year, how about lures, depth, speed, etc.
How about launching.... is there more than one? If so, what's the best one to use? As you can see, I'm starting from scratch so ANY info would be appreciated!!!
Thanks!

lawrence
02-24-2009, 12:22 PM
5 inch apex camo colors 30 feet down caught quite a few this way.

okie
02-24-2009, 03:23 PM
richy, come up the 15th of april for the fest, you'll have a great time, get some good food, and if the weather cooperates, you'll catch some nice fish.

Jetspray
02-24-2009, 04:37 PM
Pile it on and come to the fest, remember to get the tribal lic and camping permits though and look over the regulations when you do. Remember barbless and no bait for sure.....Jetspray

BigB
02-24-2009, 05:06 PM
Lil Richy,

If you have a larger boat (>17 ft), then Pelican Pt is the only place to launch your boat. If you have a smaller boat or a jet boat, then there are other places that you can launch, such as Popcorn or Warrior.

March and April are good months, as long as you can get over the hill. Like as been said, come over for the Fest, as you will meet a great bunch of Sniffers and get a bunch of great information about the lake.

Or you can read the read the up coming post of those that will be fishng out there. Most of us will report what we used. You can also let us locals know when you want to come up and may be one of us can go out with you.

Brian

Pyramid_Kid
02-24-2009, 07:38 PM
I have to ditto what pretty much everybody else has said. Especially what Big B said. He is a local, Im a local matter of fact I only live 25 miles from the boat lauch. Chick fishin 58 is a local. Okie is local. Geezer is local ummmmm Gosh there are alot more that I cant think of off the top of my head.

So dont be bashful, most of us will tell you who what when where and how.

CHICKFISHING58
02-25-2009, 11:13 AM
Like everyone said try and make the Pyramid Fest it's a lot of fun ;)

Lil_Richy
02-25-2009, 02:12 PM
I'd love to make the fest but I've got a son getting married and that's his bachelor party weekend.... I'm sure I could learn alot. You guys gave me some great info. I see there's another post about Pyramid lures and the Sniffer article about the lake from Doc Weber was great.
I'll see where it takes me and go from there... Thanks guys!
Rich

CHICKFISHING58
02-25-2009, 02:15 PM
Rich,
Post up if you do go to pyramid and let us know when your going.
There is always someone on the water I'm out there just about every weekend ;)

BigB
02-25-2009, 05:13 PM
What could be better than being at a Pyramid Fest for a bachelor party! Or is it "What could be better than thkrowing a bacholer party at a Fest!

Brian

Pyramid_Kid
02-25-2009, 07:13 PM
What could be better than being at a Pyramid Fest for a bachelor party! *Or is it "What could be better than thkrowing a bacholer party at a Fest!

Brian

Holy smokes would that be one heck of a party. I mean its already one heck of a party. Can you even imagine throwing a bachelors party in on top of it!!! [smiley=jumpinggroup.gif] Im getting a hang over just thinking about it.

Lil_Richy
02-26-2009, 09:21 AM
Unfortunately, the kid is not a hard core when it comes to fishin otherwise that would be a possibility. But ya know, ya really don't need a reason to have a party.... especially in the Reno area. That's one reason I want to head over that way to do some "fishin" ;) Does anybody know.... do strippers charge for mileage? :P

CHICKFISHING58
02-26-2009, 10:08 AM
Unfortunately, the kid is not a hard core when it comes to fishin otherwise that would be a possibility. But ya know, ya really don't need a reason to have a party.... especially in the Reno area. That's one reason I want to head over that way to do some "fishin" *;) Does anybody know.... do strippers charge for mileage? :P

I think Mongo would do it for free ::) [smiley=rotfl2.gif] [smiley=rotfl2.gif] [smiley=rotfl2.gif]

Lil_Richy
02-26-2009, 01:55 PM
Got any pictures of "Mongo"..... I'll see if "free" is worth it!

BigB
02-26-2009, 05:26 PM
Lil Richy,

That is the wrong thing to ask, because they do have pictures of Mongo that no one should see. :)

Brian

CHICKFISHING58
02-27-2009, 09:02 AM
Got any pictures of "Mongo"..... I'll see if "free" is worth it!

Richy,
Here he is if you buy him a case of beer he'll do anything ::) [smiley=rotfl2.gif]
http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/2460/1001921.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
By chickfishing58 (http://profile.imageshack.us/user/chickfishing58)

Lil_Richy
02-27-2009, 09:08 AM
You're right...... sorry I asked!!! Put him back in his cage and bring him out when the next fool asks a question like that....... ;D