PDA

View Full Version : Rollins Lake

auburnfisher
02-23-2009, 08:44 AM
Finally caught my first trout at Rollins after 3 skunks! I trolled the Bear River arm w/ rapalas and needlefish at varyings depths/heights. It was 13"+ but very chuncky. Hit a white/speckled needlefish behind a diver down about 20-30'. Very pretty lake, but 1 fish in 4 trips is tough...

Mr_Ed
02-23-2009, 10:00 AM
Try a B/W 4" floating Rapala with a 100 foot setback trolled 50 feet from the bank.........which helps missing the trees and snags, that stick out from shore.

Biggest bananna troll weight that I have used was a 1oz.............
have yet to use a down rigger.

With this rain strom, it might start to stain up a little, which makes
fishing a lot harder.

Bigger lures,more vibration (blades) and a slower troll might be
needed, to get strikes.

Way to get the skunk off the boat.

MallardManiac
02-23-2009, 12:51 PM
Good job on breaking the streak,

If I may ask how high was the water at Rollins lake, and did you record the water temp?

danlbee
02-23-2009, 03:10 PM
Bear river arm has always been the best bet for us. Either drifting or floating a worm off the bottom. Their are still some big fish in Rollins.

kokaneekid
02-23-2009, 05:54 PM
[smiley=clap.gif] Good job Steve

Trout Tracker
02-23-2009, 06:35 PM
Glad to hear that you got the skunk off at Rollins.
I have fished Rollins 3-4 times and have yet to catch anything but a sucker fish at the back of the river arm.Maybe the next trip would be the one .
TT

MallardManiac
02-23-2009, 06:52 PM
Rollins has had a lot of rain recently and the conditions are not great,
last year I ended up limiting out 3 out of every 4 trips. They haven't stocked the lake yet and I am concered that the bear river arm of the lake has become murky with the recent rain

Mr_Ed
02-23-2009, 09:19 PM
From the data I have read the Fish & Game will NOT plant
Rollins this year...........................

along with others,in the area.

Something about a lawsuit and protected species.

auburnfisher
02-24-2009, 08:16 AM
Thanks for everyone's advice. The water was high but fairly clear. But that was before yesterday's deluge.. Didn't take water temperature. Sadly, Rollins is on the no stock list.

chagovatoloco
02-24-2009, 10:29 AM
I nail the small mouth bass at this lake every summer, sorry to hear their on the no stock list.