PDA

View Full Version : Silver Lake

chrisyates
02-20-2009, 05:49 PM
Does anyone know how the ice is on silver?

bing15
02-20-2009, 06:56 PM
I haven't personally been out there on the ice, I work up there all winter. Today I saw three people ice fishing from sight distance from the old store. *Also a guy a work with caught a 10 pound mack back when we had a the good stretch of weather and the ice looked blue from the top of silver lake grade. *And a foot note , there was a 15 pound mack caught at caples on jan 17th. *I figured there wouldn't be any big ones left after all the dfg shock treatments. :o The guys I saw today looked like they were standing in 2 1/2 feet of snow while fishing!

bing

chrisyates
02-20-2009, 09:03 PM
thanks

stonesfan
02-20-2009, 11:34 PM
Does anyone know how the ice is on silver?[/quote]

Yea, VERY COLD..................................... [smiley=cold.gif]

Stones [smiley=rollingstones.gif]Fan

Mackattack
02-21-2009, 01:33 AM
Does anyone know how the ice is on silver?

Frozen.
Sorry couldnt help it. I would like to try it some time though. [smiley=cold.gif] [smiley=cold.gif] [smiley=cold.gif]

Mackattack

atavuss
02-21-2009, 10:02 AM
I haven't personally been out there on the ice, I work up there all winter. Today I saw three people ice fishing from sight distance from the old store. *Also a guy a work with caught a 10 pound mack back when we had a the good stretch of weather and the ice looked blue from the top of silver lake grade. *And a foot note , there was a 15 pound mack caught at caples on jan 17th. *I figured there wouldn't be any big ones left after all the dfg shock treatments. :o *The guys I saw today looked like they were standing in 2 1/2 feet of snow while fishing!

bing

there were a LOT of Macks left in Caples after the fish rescues last year. *I was nailing the heck out of the Macks in Oct/Nov 08. *many trips I had four different species caught *(brown, brook, rainbow, and macks). *The good Captain also had a few Macks this last fall at Caples.
it is good to see some of the Macks are still alive this far into winter at Caples. *
it will be interesting to see how many Macks survive the winter and if the water level comes up enough to use the new ramp at Caples. if the new ramp is useable I sure hope they will have the parking lot ready because I will be there! :D

bing15
02-21-2009, 05:09 PM
I sure hope the ramp is operational too. I heard that caltrans is going to make them put in a turn lane on the highway, I hope that doesn't hold them up. Things take forever to go through the state process!!

bing

alumacapt
02-21-2009, 09:11 PM
so whats the word yates, how was the ice today? how was the fishing?
8-)

Phishinfool2
02-22-2009, 10:07 AM
Was up that way Friday and Sat, (a quick Kirkwood ski trip) at the dam and about 100+ ft back the river is open. The lake is covered with snow, but with the thaw out I saw several weeks ago you won't find me on that ice. Temps have been cool so should be some "Girth" to the ice.

Also saw a group of big trucks and burly real men`out on the dam either working or getting ready to do some work. Just have the lake ready come thaw out cause I'm ready. Lookout Mack I'm aimin' to be the first on the water this year ;D ;D :D ;)

Jimbo

plaster_man
02-22-2009, 01:11 PM
the ice is frozen the fishing sucked

plaster_man
02-22-2009, 02:08 PM
but to answer the question.the ice was cold frozen with snow on top of it

Phishinfool2
02-23-2009, 03:59 AM
the ice is frozen the fishing sucked
Normally Ice is frozen..... DUH.......

Jimbo

dinos marine
02-23-2009, 11:51 AM
so does this mean cold as well :D

direct
02-23-2009, 01:03 PM
I know for a fact caples and red lake are frozen havent heard about silver if i find i will let u know. hey jimbo he ment was it safe enough to walk on :P. there was a couple of people fell trough the ice a couple of weeks ago talk about it being duh that dosent mean it safe duh. >:(

chrisyates
02-23-2009, 02:42 PM
two browns one mac bob picked up one bow two browns dchallenger was ofer .nothing of size .ice was two feet .

Phishinfool2
02-23-2009, 02:50 PM
hey jimbo he ment was it safe enough to walk on :P. there was a couple of people fell trough the ice a couple of weeks ago talk about it being *duh that dosent mean it safe duh. >:(

They fell through several weeks ago, gee I believe several weeks ago I posted about how you could see the thaw happening on the top side all wet and slushy.

When he said the ice was frozen I just had to laugh,, scuuuuuuuuse me ;D..
I found some humor in it.. 8-)

Caples I would and have ice fished on but Silver would worry me much more and don't know if I would have what it takes to give it a whirl unless I have watched the temps drag the bottom for a while.

Jimbo