PDA

View Full Version : Flash Fishing Report

Flash Sportfishing
08-12-2009, 05:10 PM
Hey Sniffers 8/12/09

The last 4 days has been interesting. The bay bite has slowed.
We fished hard on Friday with some beginners. We fished Alcatraz, The rock pile, Angel Island and South Hampton Shoal. The bass were biting at the rock pile but we had snags and dropped fish. I could not stay there long. We did end up with 5 fish and 4 of them came from South Hampton during the tide change. Saturday was even tougher. I covered 45 miles looking for biting fish. At the end of the day on the last drift Jeremie landed a 27 inch halibut to get the skunk off the boat! Monday I had a group from out of town that wanted butts and bass. I decided to take a chance and fish outside on the North Bar. It was a little bumpy but no one was getting sick so we fished the ebb and part of the flood tide. I then checked a few spots on the way back and ended the day with 7 halibut and a 12 lb bass. Yesterday I had the same group as Monday and we started at the bar again. The bite was a little slower but they were biting. The group wanted to do something new so we went up the coast near Duxbury. The first stop we landed 6 species of fish. Ling cod to greenling. The grade of fish was very good. We just kept the good ones. We had one black that was about 4.5 lbs! I search a few other spots before heading inn. The weather up the coast was much better than the bar. I will be back out tomorrow for three more trips in a row. Not sure what the plan will be yet. I will know in the morning after checking the weather. The bay should be picking up as the tides slow. Enjoy the photos at http://www.flashfishing.net.

Captain Steve Talmadge
Flash Sport Fishing

chelsea92
08-13-2009, 12:06 AM
Hello Steve,glad you got into some fish yesterday.We passed you on the way to the bar.We fished a liitle north of you .First drop a 41 " 25# hali, then nada for 3 hrs then a 6.5# then another 3 hrs another cookie cutter.Pulled the plug at 3 pm a little slow but fish on the barbie.Efren

Fishbutt21
08-13-2009, 12:10 AM
Thanks for the report
Good to see you got some fish for all of the long hours fished

hqly2001
08-13-2009, 07:38 PM
thanks for the the report. MY buddy and I plan to head out tomorrow. Do you think it's worth giving it a try in the bay? Where's the best spot to try for halibuts? Hope it won;t be too windy.. is 10-20mph.. more like 15mph fishable?

bigeasy8240
08-13-2009, 08:13 PM
Where's the best spot to try for halibuts? Hope it won;t be too windy.. is 10-20mph.. more like 15mph fishable?

What type of boat, what's your experience, how long have you been lurking! Sounds like you want to get on a charter 1st! ;)

Salmon1
08-14-2009, 03:47 AM
Lurking?? HE has like 378 posts...definitely NOT a lurker.....

hqly2001
08-14-2009, 03:39 PM
Where's the best spot to try for halibuts? Hope it won;t be too windy.. is 10-20mph.. more like 15mph fishable?

What type of boat, what's your experience, how long have you been lurking!* Sounds like you want to get on a charter 1st!* *;)

Easy, Sr. lurking member since 2005 with about 65% more posts than you. lol..

Bay was just too windy.. maybe will give it a try next week. I was just trying to see if anyone had any luck in the bay lately. Looks like most have stayed home.

Flash Sportfishing
08-16-2009, 07:39 AM
Hey hqly 2001
I am sorry for the late reply but as you can see on the report I just posted the bay was very good for halibut. I don't get to theses reports every day as I would like. I get up at 3:45 am and get home between 7:00 and 8:00 pm. Next time shoot me an email or give me a call. flashfishing@talcorp.net or 510 881-0858. I will do my best to respond.

Captain Steve
Flash Sport Fishing