PDA

View Full Version : Del Valle, Wet, Windy, and Nasty.....

stonesfan
02-15-2009, 03:38 PM
Boy, am I glad I stayed home today...................................... ;D

Stones [smiley=rollingstones.gif]Fan

Martinez Frank
02-15-2009, 04:26 PM
Boy, am I glad I stayed home today...................................... ;D

You had me going for a minute Stonesfan ;D

Woody
02-15-2009, 04:53 PM
Stonesfan While you are on the subject. I fished Del Valle Yesterday with Striper Steve and Emma. We did pretty good had 9 to the boat and lost a couple. total weight for 9 fish was about 30#s

Then today went back and the wind was blowing so hard the long dock on the left was almost touching the center dock. We fished the South end for about 1.5 hrs for one fish to the boat and one lost. moved to Heron Bay not even a bite then to Swallow for the same result. Loaded the boat on the trailer about 10:30 and headed for home.

Woody

stonesfan
02-15-2009, 05:18 PM
Woody, when I saw the Weather Report on MSN, I figured it would
be way too Nasty for my small Lund, so I decided to stay home and
try a Chili Recipe from the Campfire Board, glad I did...............
Glad to see you folks got to get out and get into some Fish yesterday.

Can't wait for the Fest in March, someone is going to be a very Happy
Camper, it's turning out to be quite a get together..................... :)

SlyDog
02-15-2009, 05:59 PM
Stonesfan-I am with you.Good day to cook up a venison stew and curl up by the fire.Sounds like Woody did good on Satueday and not so good today.I admire him for his persistance.I love the rain.We needed it badly.It is our fishing for the future.See you all at the fest if not sooner on the water!!-SD

fishmaster
02-15-2009, 09:15 PM
I guess a gps would have helped today. I was at a dead stop today and my paddle wheel speedometer was reading 4.5mph. That wind was moving the water. I think the narrows were the roughest I have ever seen them.Good sized whitecaps, then an hour later flat. Stuck around hoping for the afternoon bite, but it never kicked in. We did have fun with a guy on the bank. We would catch a fish and he would run over and toss his line were we just hooked up, then we would go to where he was fishing before and hook one only to have him return to that spot. This went on for hours. Very entertaining.

stonesfan
02-15-2009, 11:13 PM
Fishmaster, you shouldn't TEASE those folks on the BANK, because
someday they might get a Boat Bigger than yours, and if by chance
you should ever meet at Berryessa, well, WATCH OUT................

* *LAKE *LICE.... ;D

Polebrother
02-16-2009, 08:43 AM
Fishmaster: *Better hope that bankie wasn't an off duty boat inspector. ;D

tortuga
02-16-2009, 08:51 AM
The name should be Woody the Wildman going out in that weather...Stonesfan I was with you, we built a fire in the woodstove and then I actually set up the bar-b-que grill in my open ended garage and grilled steaks. I just couldn't make myself get too far from some kind of fire. Way too brave the day for some time on the water Woody!!!
Tortuga

fishmaster
02-16-2009, 08:53 AM
;D ;D ;D

The Reel Deal
02-16-2009, 08:55 AM
we will see how crazy Woody is if he goes out today. It has been non stop showers so far this morning.

fishmaster
02-16-2009, 09:07 AM
Woody's got a full enclosure and a nice heater to boot. I wouldn't call him crazy. More like Comfortable!! ;)

Woody
02-16-2009, 10:50 AM
Fishmaster Just because it was 70+ degrees inside my cabin it was still cold outside, even though I didn't need to go outside much with the slow fishing yesterday.
I am thinking aboout going this afternoon if the wind lays down but it is not looking good.

Woody

fishmaster
02-16-2009, 11:19 AM
You must have had the heater on low ;D.

I am heading the opposite direction. Bass Pro Shops ;D. Have to pick up some snaps so I can finish my side curtains and get rid of the plexiglass ones.