PDA

View Full Version : Lafayette Resovoir Fri. 13 2009

gmdcdvm
02-13-2009, 06:47 PM
I decided to go out today for my first attempt at some fresh water trout fishing. The weather report didn't look to bad for the late morning/early afternoon.

I loaded up the gear and the dog, and headed out for the resovoir. Arrived and set up shop by about 11a.m. I found an unoccupied dock that looked promising. There were a few scattered anglers, but overall I think most people played it smart and decided to stay home.

I fished using yellow power bait, but did not get a single nibble all day. I met a regular named Cory who was killing them today. He probably had at leaset 8 fish today. He did give me some pointers for next time regarding gear and rigs along with some fish to take home. Thanks again Cory.

Final count: The Big Goose Egg.
Weather: intermittent lite rain. Called it a day at around 4p.m. since I saw some huge clouds moving in with no breaks in site. By the time I made it to the car it let loose, and I would have been soaked had I not been wearing the rain gear.

Oh well, I'll have to try this again once the weather improves.

Gerry

Polebrother
02-14-2009, 09:24 AM
Thanks for the report. *It's amazing how tactics vary for success at our local trout waters. *Seems no matter how much prior angling expertise you bring to a new venue, it's always best to get tips from the regulars. *The "When in Rome" thing. *Now that you've had your Lafayette tutorial, you'll get em next time for sure. *Big props for the Cory's of our sport who are always willing to help other anglers. * *