PDA

View Full Version : Quarry lakes today, 2/9

joshc40
02-09-2009, 09:23 PM
Hey guys,
So, i fished Quarry from 1:45-5 in the afternoon with my bro and did pretty well. We ended up with five fish. Nothing extremely huge, but they were decent size. Biggest went a little over two pounds, maybe two and a half or so. The smallest one went about a pound but was a holdover. Had full fins and pink meat inside. Every other fish was about two pounds or a little bit less. Three out of five of the fish were from mt lassen so that was a plus :) Most of the fish were caught on rainbow powerbait on a fifteen inch leader or so. The biggest was caught on my favorite marshmallow and worm combo dipped in cod liver oil, cherry flavored ;D. They weren't in very deep, i would say, twenty to twenty five feet from shore for most of them. All these fish fought really hard too! Especially the one my bro caught because he somehow snagged it in it's side! I have no clue how that happened but his bobber flew up out of no where and he hooked it, and brought the sucker in. I checked the fish out, and the hook was stuck hecka deep in it's side :-/ The rest were caught legally though because the remaining fish were all caught by me! All four of them ;) It was freezing out there though, if you plan on going fishing at Quarry, i would suggest you to wear some layers cause it is cooooldd! We were jogging around our fishing area to keep warm ;D Very windy today as well but i didnt really mind. You have to sacrifice to catch those fish ;) Good luck out there and thanks for reading.

Josh

Ugbomb
02-09-2009, 11:05 PM
Snaggin happens I know it sux. Just as long as you didn't have a treble hook 3 inches in diameter and were ripping it like the forensics team looking for a body and ripping it on the way in! ;D

Fishin510
02-10-2009, 08:27 AM
Good job at Quarry. I haven't had much luck out there yet. I usually fish early mornings there, but have been thinking about fishing the evening. Where abouts were you fishing? Fisherman's row?

joshc40
02-11-2009, 04:55 PM
Good job at Quarry. I haven't had much luck out there yet. I usually fish early mornings there, but have been thinking about fishing the evening. Where abouts were you fishing? Fisherman's row?

Nawwww we dont fish fishermans row anymore. i would tel you where we fish but it gets kinda crowded at times and i dont wanna post it up :-/ I can send you a pm if you want.

joshc40
02-11-2009, 04:56 PM
Snaggin happens I know it sux. Just as long as you didn't have a treble hook 3 inches in diameter and were ripping it like the forensics team looking for a body and ripping it on the way in! ;D

LOL i guesss ;D But it was so weird, it bit like a regular fish and it turns out my bro snagged it somehow :-/ Kinda disappointing but it did fight like a beast!

Fishin510
02-12-2009, 09:46 AM

Nawwww we dont fish fishermans row anymore. i would tel *you where we fish but it gets kinda crowded at times and i dont wanna post it up :-/ I can send you a pm if you want.

Sent it on over if you are don't mind telling me ::)
.....I promise, I'll keep it to myself ;)

joshc40
02-12-2009, 03:57 PM
Aite sounds good to me! I'll send it right now ;)