PDA

View Full Version : Pardee 2/9...one of the other boats

kokoloco
02-09-2009, 08:10 PM
I fished today with Trout Wagon at Pardee. *We launched at 7:30 this AM and were in the river arm fishing 15 minutes later. There was no inspection today so the launch went quickly. * As far as catching is concerned it was a whole different ball game today compared to Friday. *We trolled up and down the river arm until 3 PM for 6 fish to the boat and a couple of LDR/SDR’s. *Every fish I caught came on a different lure…fire tiger Rapala, chartreuse dodger and Seps Secret, Criplure, etc. *Most of Rich's fish fell for Rocky Mountain gear. *All fish were taken in the top 10 feet at 1.9-2.0 mph. *The fish we ended up with were 14-16 inches. *One thing that we did notice was the water temp at the log boom was 8 degrees colder than at the river mouth. *The water temp today started out at 3 degrees cooler than on Friday. *That combined with the full moon may have been the reason for our poor performance…or maybe all the fishermen that swarmed the lake on Saturday and Sunday. * ;D ;D *We called it quits at 3 and were on the road by 4. *The ranger said not many fish today and nothing of any size. *Lots of bank fishermen today in the launch area. *Thanks for the ride today Rich. *It is always fun. *A few pics to celebrate the day.

The morning sky looked decieving.

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd71/kokoloco88/100_1648.jpg

Rich with one of the volunteers.

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd71/kokoloco88/100_1655.jpg

Time to go.

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd71/kokoloco88/100_1656.jpg

Rich with the spoils of the day.

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd71/kokoloco88/100_1659.jpg

Bilge_Rat
02-09-2009, 08:17 PM
Kokoloco - Good report and pictures. Healthy looking limit stick. Did you bring any Kok to the boat? Bet you can't wait, me either.
Bilge Rat 8-)

kokemachine83
02-09-2009, 10:20 PM
Sam & Rich: Sounds like a nice quite day on the lake. There were a lot of folks up there this weekend. Glad you got into some fish. Weather is changing and the full moon didn't help. Thanks for the report. Look like i will give it a few more weeks before i head up that way.

Robbie (Koke Machine)...

Darin
02-09-2009, 10:39 PM
Six fish sounds like a good day to me and a good performance ;) At least you will have some to throw on the bar-b-q or in the smoker. During the summer I swear that a full moon means no fish for me the next day on the river, but I still end up going anyway. Sure is better than working. Tomorrow is a Steelhead day for me so I am thinking posotive :-? Thanks for the report and pics. That first pic is sweet, makes me want to get my toon back out on the water :)
A little tweek here and there and wala..my new screensaver...
FFG

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/3606/1001648cf1.jpg

fis-n-fool
02-10-2009, 04:36 AM
sam still a nice post with some pictures to go a long

japankokes
02-10-2009, 05:52 AM
Heck kokoloco that is a very promising report...not shabby at all!Those fish look to be in great shape and purdee too :o :o I'd take a day like that anytime. 8-)

Nice stick and thanks for sharing.

Cheers
Chuck

gills
02-10-2009, 06:43 AM
Koko loco

Seems last weekend was the hot spot at Pardee. At least you guys still managed some fish for the table..

Gills

dinos marine
02-10-2009, 08:22 AM
i think its the lucky hat!

GuyBrown
02-10-2009, 09:25 AM
Thanks for the report.

What were the water temps at the log boom, at the mouth?

TroutWagon
02-10-2009, 11:24 AM
Sam,

Anytime buddy, The action wasen't like the opener but we did manage to reel up a few. My best set ups were 1. RMT chartruse searpant spoon 1 fish 16",2. RMT 4.25 UV watermelon dodger with a crawler 2 fish to 13" and ldr and the 3. f7 firetiger rapala got 1 fish 15" and a good take down but it got off way, way back. I picked up more strikes than sam with longer setbacks, though sam was fishing just as hard he struggled a little for the first fish, then he got it going for a few fish. Cold, clear water at 50 degrees all day and it dropped to 42 degrees at the log boom to the first out house, there were no hot spots just up and down the river arm. The weather seem to hamper the bite and wind really didn't help, it twisted my boat so fast I chopped my downrigger ball off with the kicker, bummer! but you know the saying"you ain't fishing unless your losing stuff" I'm getting tired of thet saying! ;D Thanks for the company sam, well get into the hotbite when the temps come up a bit.

TW

fishlipper
02-10-2009, 04:28 PM
"That combined with the full moon may have been the reason for our poor performance…or maybe all the fishermen that swarmed the lake on Saturday and Sunday. "

I would definitely bet on the later.

zhands
02-10-2009, 05:26 PM
Thanks for the detail Rich and Sam
6 sounds like a great day unless you’re expecting 20.
But then again 6 is a good day
Very nice looking fish and great pics Sam

Z :)

916towerguy
02-10-2009, 05:35 PM
Thanks for the post. Some fish is better than none.

fish_junky
02-11-2009, 01:31 PM
Good report guys. Looks like conditions are already changing for Pardee. Pretty normal for Pardee and after opening weekend. It'll still be good though. :)

TroutWagon
02-11-2009, 04:09 PM
kevin,

you got there at the right time before all these storms set the bite off. Those days sam was talking about jinxed us but if we had more nightcrawlers we would done a little better. We only had one :-?
I'll take it, 6 fish a a bunch of ldr's were good enough for me at least it's been better than berryessa so I can actually catch a fish!

TW