View Full Version : Pardee with gadget & steveo

stonesfan
02-08-2009, 07:06 AM
Not wanting to be Late on my First trip to Pardee, I made sure to
be there @ O'Dark Thirty, Yikes, there was a line backed all the
way out onto the Highway, so much for trying to be 1st.... :'(
While waiting for gadget and steveo, talked to Nate and Leo,
also ran into jumpinjimmy, they were all rearing to go, just had
to wait for the Inspectors to show up........................... ::)
Walked back to my truck and saw this Indiana Jones like figure
standing along side his North River, not with a whip, but with a
Rod in his hand, ah ha, Gadgetman had arrived. Soon after, steveo
showed up and off we were into the Wild Blue Yonder............. 8-)
On the way up the River arm, hit one of Gadget's favorite spots,
good thing for steveo, he hooked into what looked like a very nice
Fish. Three or four runs later as he got it near the boat, disaster
struck, the Fish made one more Mad Dash toward the bottom and
cut right across a DR cable, Bing! the fish was gone.............. :'(
Next was my turn, line pops off the clip and I could swear I had
the exact same Fish steveo just lost, but this time, after 5 or 6
acrobatic jumps, Bingo, a beautiful 19 inch Holdover in the net!
After a few more passes and a few more Fish, we hear that fishjunky,
Ric1Ric, and Clamkin are slamming'em further up the River, so off
we go and the rest is History, Beautiful Day on the water, Lots of Fish,
Good Friends, and a Great Pardee Opener........................... :)
Thanks Gadgetman for providing the North River and all the Pro-Cure
Scent, and BTW, " Where DOES he get all those TOYS. ".......... ;D

Stones [smiley=rollingstones.gif]Fan

ric1ric
02-08-2009, 07:13 AM
What no story about the rock fishing? ;D

zhands
02-08-2009, 08:40 AM
Nice job guys
from all the reports sounds like a fish Party Pardy

Yup Gadget looks just like Indiana Jones with that hat. Not that your hat doesn't have it's own charm *;D

Z *:)

steveo79
02-08-2009, 09:04 AM
Stonesfan was very kind to me in his report. I was LATE getting there; I had been gone all week in Las Vegas on business, and got in my truck to leave and it was out of gas. Also, did not plan on the line of cars at the gate, that seemed to move at a friggin snails pace. Gadget and Stoney were circling out in the water when I came huffing down, packing 2 tackle boxes, an ice chest, and my pole.
The fish were plentiful, and anxious to hook up, once you found them. If you read through all the Pardee posts, you'll see they were hitting on orange and red anythings. My best combo, and I used it all day, was a pink slingblade, and a crawler. I lost the two wedding rings with red and orange beads on trophy sized "rockfish" ;D
We talked with a bunch of sniffers, including FishingMike, who was out on Camanche. The weather was near perfect, and I had a great time, courtesy, of Gadgetman, and his tricked out fishing machine. I wish Stoneafan had put on his lucky hat a little earlier, no sooner had Gadget reminded him, and he hooked up with that beautiful trout, that put those Amador fish to shame. It was full of fight, brightly colored, and had nice orange flesh.
Thanks guys, for making the opener at Pardee, one to remember!

Old_School
02-08-2009, 09:19 AM
Look like you guys had a great time! Nice job.

Old School

camotracker
02-08-2009, 10:12 AM
i new stonesfan wasn't going to tell the story about the rock fish. i think the rock fish won that battle.

LEO"CAMOTRACKER"

gadgetman
02-08-2009, 10:58 AM
What no story about the rock fishing? ;D

Besides the rock fish, he caught a timber bass (stick) after you guys left. *We released it because it was all spawned out and very thin.

I forgot to post a pic on the other thread of our trip. *Stoney took his lucky hat off and Steveo started to catch fish. *But of course Stoney had to get in the pic........

http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/5228/1005527ze1.jpg

kokoloco
02-08-2009, 11:53 AM
Well done gentlemen. *Good fishin, good company, and good BS...what more can you want. *But Bruce where's the pic of the 19 incher? * :-? *I fished there on Friday with Junky and it was doubles and triples all day...or at least for the 3 hours that we fished. ;D *You gotta love that lake. *I can't wait for the koks to start. *Great post.

Sam

PS Gadgetmans boat has so many toys that it sits "LOW" in the water. ;D

steveo79
02-08-2009, 12:12 PM
But Bruce where's the pic of the 19 incher?

It's in JumpinJimmy's thread; Gadget was still disoriented by what went on around him, and he must of been secretly wishing HE was with them. :)

*Here's what worked the best for me.

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z100/skhardwoods/Pardee%202009/IMG_0018-1.jpg

Berryessa Kid
02-08-2009, 12:26 PM
Nice report you guys!!! Sounds like a reel pardee... Steve.

fat_fish
02-08-2009, 12:33 PM
no pics of "the fish that put amador ones to shame." i don't believe it...especially if it was only 17". sounds like lots of fun. catchin fish all day long...hope to get out there some time soon. nice pics and reports guys.

ff

Klamdog
02-08-2009, 12:34 PM
Stonesfan,
I've been waiting for this report. *It sounds like you guys had a great day! *I have a week off in April, and Pardee is on my list. *Hopefully, the crowds will die down a little by then! *Hope to see you on the water soon!

ron_nielsen
02-08-2009, 12:44 PM
Hey guys great post and pics . looks like a good fun day.

Soon we will be going for the koks out there.

I see the team colors were green plaid , looking good.

See you on the water
Capt Ron

steveo79
02-08-2009, 01:13 PM
no pics of "the fish that put amador ones to shame." i don't believe it...especially if it was only 17".

The picture is in JumpingJimmy's thread. They may not be the size of the Slamadors, but look at the color of them. Plus, those fish were going air borne 50 feet back, and never quit! Once we filleted them out, the flesh was nice and orange. Mmmmm.

fat_fish
02-08-2009, 01:22 PM
sounds like some good tastin trout..i'll definately give it a try. i love the areals. that's my favorite part of catching bows.

ff

gadgetman
02-08-2009, 02:24 PM
I hadn't notice that when I posted the pic. There is kind of a funny story behind that, well funny to me, probably not to Stonesfan. *In the heat of the battle, landing his big fish, he backed into a spare rod sitting in the rod holder that had a Rapala tied on. *Both sets of trebles got hooked in his vest. *It made a couple holes in his vest so he reversed the vest. *Didn't realize is was the same thing Steveo was wearing.

Here's his big fish from the other thread
http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/5167/1005510dm5.jpg

jumpinjimmy
02-08-2009, 03:39 PM

It's in JumpinJimmy's thread; Gadget was still disoriented by what went on around him, and he must of been secretly wishing HE was with them. :)

*Here's what worked the best for me.

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z100/skhardwoods/Pardee%202009/IMG_0018-1.jpg

Stevo I really like the pic of what worked, great idea, might have to use it if I get lucky their again.
How far from the dodgers were your wedding ring and worm?

japankokes
02-08-2009, 03:40 PM
Congrats guys on a successful opener! ;D ;D ;D
Looks like a great time was had by all!!
Thanks for sharing the pics and the days best rigs. 8-) 8-) 8-)
I still have six plus more weeks to climb the walls until I get out sigh... :'( :'( :'(

Cheers
Chuck

Berryessa Kid
02-08-2009, 03:46 PM
[quote author=ron_nielsen link=1234105592/0#12 date=1234125844]
I hadn't notice that when I posted the pic. There is kind of a funny story behind that, well funny to me, probably not to Stonesfan. *In the heat of the battle, landing his big fish, he backed into a spare rod sitting in the rod holder that had a Rapala tied on. *Both sets of trebles got hooked in his vest. *It made a couple holes in his vest so he reversed the vest. *Didn't realize is was the same thing Steveo was wearing.

C'mon Gadget you guys are a team just admit it ;) ;D
A pretty good one too!!!

jdecker
02-08-2009, 03:52 PM
Sounds like a great trip! How long did it take to get inspected and cleared? The river was dead today :(

steveo79
02-08-2009, 08:27 PM

You should of seen our matching kilts. ;D Team Celtic. ;D
That's why I was bummed my Hyper Plaid Dodger, produced 'neer a fish. Ay!

Chadzilla
02-08-2009, 11:48 PM
I'd been wondering when a Steve/Stones Pardee report would finally surface. Sounds like you guys had a great day fishing and at least as much fun just goofin off on the water. Great Pardee reports across the board this opening weekend.

Jonezin2fish
02-09-2009, 06:34 AM
I knew I shoulda been there on Saturday!!!

steveo79
02-09-2009, 08:54 AM
Sounds like you guys had a great day fishing and at least as much fun just goofin off on the water.

*Have no doubt, I'm a serious fisherman, it's just that I have a hard time, being serious, while I'm fishing. *

CHICKFISHING58
02-09-2009, 09:43 AM
Nice job guy's ;)

stonesfan
02-09-2009, 08:05 PM
Hey Gadgetman, thanks for the added color commentary......... 8-)

Stones [smiley=sheep.gif]Fan