PDA

View Full Version : Pardee Opener?

montev
02-02-2009, 12:27 PM
Have many of you fished the opening Friday at Pardee before? If so, was it a zoo? And how did you do?
We were thinking of going this Friday. It's supposedly going to rain Friday, so maybe this will keep the crowds down?
Anyone here going to be there Friday?

MooresMOJO
02-02-2009, 06:26 PM
I will be there bright and early. My first oepning day at Pardee. I am taking my dad and son. I hear it is a zoo! :D

jumpinjimmy
02-02-2009, 07:02 PM
I will be their saturday but never fished the friday opener!

June first
02-02-2009, 08:24 PM
I will be there Saturday also,my first time on Pardee.

I am learning that it will probably be a ZOO!! :D :D
Oh well, it beats working!! 8-) 8-)
I will see you all there, can't wait!
What time do the gates open???????

MooresMOJO
02-03-2009, 05:20 PM
The Web site says 0500

biggamehunter67
02-03-2009, 05:27 PM
i'll be there next weekend ...going to hawaii this weekend for the pro bowl....good luck and leave some fish behind for me ;) ;)

rudy_divin
02-03-2009, 05:37 PM
I heard there will be 4000 lbs of tagged fish planted on opening day, cash and prizes, is there a tourney that i will need to enter for prizes to be valid? :-/

StraightBallin
02-03-2009, 05:58 PM
I heard there will be 4000 lbs of tagged fish planted on opening day, cash and *prizes, is there a tourney that i will need to enter for prizes to be valid? :-/
No need to enter any tournament or anything for a taged fish to be valid...just have to catch one!

TroutWagon
02-03-2009, 07:59 PM
I'll be there monday, after all the opening dayers scare the fish, so they well only bite monday! ;D ;D Hope I get some good reports this weekend, It looks like the rain might clear up by sat. good luck for those braving the big lines on opening day, may you be rewarded with a full stringer!!

TW

PapaGreg
02-04-2009, 06:31 AM
:)I fished opening day at Pardee a few times, can be a nightmare, especially when the fish truck arrives, people fishing far away from you will gather their gear and get right on your shoulder to fish, plus, if you catch a fish look-out, MORE people will squeeze in!

People used to be polite and ask if you minded if they fished near you, now, it seems the 'tude is "f-you, I paid to fish here and I'll fish where I want."

There's a guy who fished the "mud hole every year, shows up with his rubber boots on and as soon as somebody catches a fish, he moves right in on them.
His son apologized to me last year about it, but I just laughed it off, but did thank the son for recognizing his da's wrong behavior.

I like to go during the week, if possible, less crowded.

Last year, there was some people who fished the mud hole and payed no attention to limits, they would take five or ten fish up to their vehicle and come back to fish for more.
I mentioned the limit to them and they claimed to not understand, a language barrier.

Apparently, the same activity is happening at Lake Amador.

Anyway, good luck to all who go on opening day!

June first
02-04-2009, 08:01 AM
I would love to see the game warden hook up with some of those type.....
usually once you start talking $$$$$$$ the language barrier disappears quickly ;) ;)

Jonezin2fish
02-04-2009, 08:42 AM
I know I plan to be a little more vocal to some of these knuckleheads this year. Ya know it's really too bad that DFG doesn't have the resources to police this like they do on the coast for Abalone. Granted it's a little easier on the coast because there are only a few places to patrol. But just once I'd like to see them nab one of these jokers like they do Ab poachers. I've seen guys hauled off for being over limit like they were bank robbers or something. One can only hope...

rudy_divin
02-04-2009, 01:12 PM
1- 800-cal-tip just voice activated on my cell ;)

F4L
02-04-2009, 06:26 PM
ill be making it there sunday bright and early.. i hope kastmasters work ;)

jumpinjimmy
02-04-2009, 10:29 PM
I shall launch the boat and motor away from all that, I really dont need any fish but do want to have a great time with friends and fellow sniffers, enjoying the beauty of the lake and the sureal sound of nature.
AND I NEED TO CATCH A BIGGER FISH THAN STONES FAN ! so I can gloat ! :o :D ;D

gadgetman
02-05-2009, 09:13 AM
AND I NEED TO CATCH A BIGGER FISH THAN STONES FAN ! so I can gloat ! *:o :D ;D

I can be bribed to cut his line or knock any large fish off at the boat with the net. *Just use unmarked bills and we have a deal!

jumpinjimmy
02-05-2009, 11:30 AM

I can be bribed to cut his line or knock any large fish off at the boat with the net. *Just use unmarked bills and we have a deal!

Name your price ! and does the hat go over with it ?? ;D

gadgetman
02-05-2009, 12:05 PM

Name your price ! *and does the hat go over with it ?? ;D

The Hat will be a freebie.

flasher
02-05-2009, 01:51 PM
hey jumpinjimmy, Is it true that you and stonesfan are brothers??? :o

camotracker
02-05-2009, 02:37 PM

wow

stonesfan
02-05-2009, 04:36 PM
AND I NEED TO CATCH A BIGGER FISH THAN STONES FAN ! so I can gloat ! :o :D ;D

Well Jimmy, with all the information you have been getting from
Kokemachine83, I would be suprised if you didn't catch the Big
Fish on Saturday.......................................... ................ ::)

P.S. you'll never get my HAT, it stays with the Boat........... ;D

Stones [smiley=rollingstones.gif]Fan

jumpinjimmy
02-05-2009, 05:46 PM

now wouldnt that be somthing? guess I would be his bigger brother.
not to mention better looking and deffinitly more arrogant! ;D

No hes a good fisherman I gave trout to last year ! ;D

stonesfan
02-05-2009, 06:10 PM

Yeah, He's my Brother from another Mother........................ ;D

kokemachine83
02-05-2009, 06:54 PM
Hold on here!!! You guys keep me out of this!!!! Pictures will tell the "Tail" as who as the BIGGEST. So lets see some photo's. You guys go get them at Pardee, I'm heading to Melones. Will post when i get back!! Everyone please behave. There is going to be a lot of folks up there. Specially around the marina banks...

Robbie (Koke Machine)...

stonesfan
02-05-2009, 07:26 PM
Hey Robbie, I was thinking of using my Radio Controlled Boat,
and dragging a Cripplelure around in the MUD HOLE........... :D

kokemachine83
02-05-2009, 07:34 PM
Stonesfan: Let me know how that new Red Cajun line works. I know you are going to like. Catch a Big one, Have fun out there. Looks like there is going to be a lot of post on this lake this coming weekend...

Robbie (Koke Machine)...

Jonezin2fish
02-06-2009, 07:54 AM
Aaaah I can hear the radio banter already and we're not even on the water yet. Stonesfan what hat you got picked out for this weekend?

Mickey_Thomas
02-06-2009, 08:14 AM
Stonesfan: *Let me know how that new Red Cajun line works. *I know you are going to like. *Catch a Big one, *Have fun out there. *Looks like there is going to be a lot of post on this lake this coming weekend...

* * Robbie (Koke Machine)...
I for one am looking forward to all the reports and pictures :D