PDA

View Full Version : Truckee Rv. Downtown Reno ?

Mackattack
02-04-2009, 08:23 AM
Any one ever had luck there and can you fish it this time of year ? I know theres an access spot near Harrahs,any good you think ?

*Mackattack

tc
02-04-2009, 08:41 AM
You can fish it year round, nothing much but planter Rainbows. Good access places are right in Downtown at Wingfield Park, West Reno at Idyewild Park and far West Reno at the Mayberry Bridge, all you need is a jar of Salmon Eggs.

Tom http://www.steelheader.net/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/chromeswimmer3.GIF

Mr_Ed
02-04-2009, 09:27 AM
The whole down town section has been worked on..............

New boulders and rocks have been added above the Keystone bridge
all the way down to the Virginia street bridge, I think for the "Yaker's"?

F&G will start planting this area in April maybe ?

This is also when the fishing starts to pick up again with warmer water and the run off is usually done, if we get one this year?

Mackattack
02-04-2009, 12:13 PM
Maybe i"ll let the wife sleep in sunday and head to blockhouse for some iron tossing and 10# cutts ?

Mackattack

tc
02-04-2009, 01:05 PM
That would probably be much more fun then the Truckee in Downtown Reno.

Tom http://www.steelheader.net/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/chromeswimmer3.GIF

jpayne
02-04-2009, 01:13 PM
There are some good fish mixed in with the planters. What kills me is all the hobos. They all want to give their two cents on how to fish.

GOLDENTROUT
02-04-2009, 01:33 PM
Last year a 10lb cut and two 9lb rainbow got caught right next to the Sienna ;) *If I have a day free I can take you out for some good brown fishing also, that is if ya want to go! Maybe the Capt. can come too! If you want to go solo Ill send you a pm tonight with some info that will help you out.

Tight lines GT.

Mackattack
02-04-2009, 01:50 PM
Thanks GT it looks like i"ll probably only have about 3 or 4 hrs to fish before checkout time and head back to Concord. But that is all up to the weather as well. I"ll figure out my options when I get there Sat. morning the 14th.

Mackattack

GoneCountry
02-04-2009, 04:04 PM
Yeah I did that one year over by the airport. There was a rv park The river was full of garbage and mossy. And the people around there scared me as I had my kids so we passed. Hope its changed

Prowler
02-04-2009, 05:32 PM
There are some good fish mixed in with the planters. What kills me is all the hobos. They all want to give their two cents on how to fish.
They must have some pretty nice hobo's in Reno. . .Giving away their last two cents!