PDA

View Full Version : McClure 1-31-09

fishon18
01-31-2009, 06:10 PM
Despite the heavy fog leaving Merced this morning, it turned out to be a beautiful day. *Launched out of McClure Point and had lines wet at 0645. The planter brook/rainbow trout were everywhere and limit's are the norm, but we were looking for the Big fish! We caught and released several fish and had a good time.

It's been several months since my last trip here and the scenery has changed with exposed pillars, old railroad tunnels and a whole bunch of debries concentrated in the middle of the lake. For those of you coming up tomorrow be careful and remember it's a single lane launch with a narrow fit, but doable. Drove by McSwain coming home and it looked like chocolate milk, but a few guys trying. Kids will have fun with these fish. What worked for us.....

Surface Temp: 52.8- 54.6*
Water clarity: stained
Depth: 7-25' w/ long set backs
Lures: Red, Orange spinners along with rolled shad caught fish

Scott

fishon_chris
01-31-2009, 06:30 PM
Thanks for the report Scott.I will be heading there next sunday .Any size to the brook trout.

Chris

Ironhead
01-31-2009, 06:47 PM
Scott,

I guess you had to prove me wrong. You can catch fish out of another boat. ;D ;D ;D Just kidding my friend, great job today. Glad you guys found the fish. I guess I had better follow you guys around in a few weeks.

That fog was thick. I had a guy come blazing by me right by the new hospital and I got to follow him all the way to Snelling. That was a blessing in that stuff.

Thanks for the report.

Ironhead

fishon18
01-31-2009, 06:50 PM
Chris,

Maybe 16" and that's pushing it. Did see one nice one at the cleaning station though. Beautiful fish with spirited fights. Good luck up there next weekend.

Scott

fishon18
01-31-2009, 06:56 PM
Greg,

I was doubting myself early, but caught fire when we left the fleet. Hey, where is your Pedro report? ;)

Scott

Ironhead
01-31-2009, 07:21 PM
Greg,

I was doubting myself early, but caught fire when we left the fleet. Hey, where is your Pedro report? *;)

Scott

I piggybacked on Chadzillas post so we would not have several threads going on one lake. It was nothing great for me as you know, a few fish. Skinny ones at that....

JoeTech
02-02-2009, 12:27 PM
Scott - Thanks for the report, I'm hoping to fish McClure some time this week or weekend.

Joe

Slapabow
02-02-2009, 03:46 PM
Nice report.
i was there sunday, first time and i will be back.
Kevin.

fishon18
02-02-2009, 05:21 PM
Joetech,

Let me know if you decide to fish it Saturday I plan on giving it another shot. Cousin coming up from Clovis and he wants to take fish home. He should go home with some brookies at least... *;)

Slapabow,

Glad you made it up. :)

Scott