PDA

View Full Version : Anyone headed to Pyramid this weekend 1/24-1/25?

Cosmic_Benji
01-23-2009, 07:12 AM
Hey there. I was wondering if any of you fellow sniffers are going to be out fishing at Pyramid this weekend? The weather has been cosistant light rain, but with signs of a break for Saturday, and then another storm possibly by Sunday. The barometer is probably going to be all over the place, but it's ALWAYS nice to get out on the lake. I think I'll be out there with my cousin tomorrow, if weather is permitting. GOOD LUCK!

Ben.

okie
01-23-2009, 07:26 AM
ben, ed and i are plannin on being out there at blk house, depending on the weather. he is going to TRY to teach me how to use a fly pole.
bill

Captain Compassion
01-23-2009, 07:39 AM
ben, ed and i are plannin on being out there at blk house, depending on the weather. he is going to TRY to teach me how to use a fly pole.

Live entretainment at Pyramid? Sweet. ;D :) ;) J/K ::) Pea soup fog down here. Perhaps I'll go but it will be a last minute thing.

CC

pizzaman_288
01-23-2009, 08:48 AM
ill be there on saturday with a buddy from out of town and on sunday ill be there with chickfish so hopefully the weather stays fairly nice but a little rain nevere hurt nobody

Cosmic_Benji
01-23-2009, 09:17 AM
Does anyone know where they've been landing them. We usually stick to the west side, and head north to Warriors, but this weekend we were considering heading south down by you CC towards blockhouse. Any insight?

Captain Compassion
01-23-2009, 09:41 AM
Don't have a real good answer for you Benji. I trolled Pyramid during the fogfest on the 15th. We only had 1 fish in the boat. We did see some fish at Warrior and around Popcorn and BK. I have no info how the shore folks are doing. Flip a coin. ::) :)

CC

Cosmic_Benji
01-23-2009, 10:15 AM
Don't have a real good answer for you Benji. I trolled Pyramid during the fogfest on the 15th. We only had 1 fish in the boat. We did see some fish at Warrior and around Popcorn and BK. I have no info how the shore folks are doing. Flip a coin. *::) :)

CC

Yeah, We didn't have any luck during the fog day last weekend either. We had good luck in previous weeks trolling at about the 18-20' mark in the morning, and top lining in the afternoon. Most of our fish over the past several weeks have come from around the Nets while toplining in the late afternoon. This week, I think I'm forsaking the Apex lures for an attempt at the trolling flies. We killed em' at Eagle Lake with the Tui Chub pattern, but I'm thinking Wooley/Dodger Combo just using the lead line, and we'll see what happens. I'll keep y'all posted, and hopefully be able to say hi to some more fellow sniffers.

Ben.

CHEESECAKELADY
01-23-2009, 11:19 AM
ODDIE and I will be at pyramid but we are just going to relax. We are not even going to take the boat out so if you see our motorhome on the beach stop by and say Hi. John is recuperating and I just need time to do nothing for a change. Hope to see some of you out there. We will be in a 28" Alegro.

Dee

pizzaman_288
01-23-2009, 12:26 PM
Great Basin Benji ive been catching them any where from pelican to warrior down about 35ft trolling at 2.8-3.0 mph most of the fish ive caught have been on apexs in the windless bay area good luck to you also ill be there this weekend come up and say hi ill have a little 14' light brown boat i think ill be there about 9:00 good luck to you

Captain Compassion
01-23-2009, 01:50 PM
Winds WSW 5 to 10 MPH. Rain showers tapering off in the afternoon, High 48 degrees. Sounds like Cutthroat weather. Who wants a ride to Blockhouse. Jetspray? BoD? Troutfan?

CC

okie
01-23-2009, 02:17 PM
ben, last weekend it was between spider and the willows, 40 to 60 ft of water down 20-25', afternoon bite.
bill

BigB
01-23-2009, 02:52 PM
Bill,

What day will you and Ed be out there?

Brian

okie
01-23-2009, 03:28 PM
right now, plannin on being out there tomorrow, expectin a xall from ed tonight to set up a time, we will probably be bankin it at blk hse or one of the areas near there. want to join us?
bill

RENOBOYS
01-23-2009, 05:13 PM
That weather is going to be a little iffy, hopin it will be "somewhat" decent for sunday.

Pelican-North ---or--- Pelican-South, that seems to be the question

okie
01-23-2009, 07:38 PM
rbs, if i was trollin, i'd go north 1st between spider and willows, pm bite.
now, that was last w/e. now probably south around the nets, am bite.
bill

RENOBOYS
01-23-2009, 09:36 PM
I like the north, warriors, windless, etc. but I am kinda leanin on heading south.