PDA

View Full Version : Curious about Berryessa regions

Zebco Kid
01-16-2009, 06:24 PM
Hello All,

Just a question of curiosity. I've put in at Capell Cove a few times. I fished that area, then headed over to the Putah Creek area. Can the area in between be productive? Is it worth trolling your way over, or is it best to jump on it, and get to the bridge once you're out of the greater Capell Cove area?

Thanks.

DG

June first
01-17-2009, 08:50 AM
The area in between Capell and the bridge will be where you can fish for Kokanee an a few months.
I have only been to the bridge for kings once, I usually head for the dam, or skiiers cove. that is usually pretty good for Kings and Rainbows.
Now that I have a boat that can get me to the bridge in a reasonable time, I may fish the bridge more often......I did ok there last weekend.

Mackattack
01-17-2009, 04:19 PM
We always did well close to the islands(east side) and close to shore between Berryessa Marina and the bridge,but that was always in October ? Top lining raps !

Mackattack

DWT
01-17-2009, 04:27 PM
My experience is if the bridge is your destination, and you're after trout, I would go WFO. There are kokes along that stretch early in the season but only for a short time.

Has anyone fished Berry in the last week or two?

June first
01-17-2009, 06:10 PM
DWT- look at the king board, I was there last weekend and did ok catching a few kings. (one rainbow)

There have been some others that have done ok also.......not wide open yet, but it should be soon.(I hope ;D)