PDA

View Full Version : live bait???

Irelease
06-18-2009, 08:14 AM
Where do you go to get the live chovies? Berkely or SF? Any phone numbers to call and check the status of bait before heading out there. I know loch lomond but have never made the run for chovies. Any info would be great I want to get out there and catch some butts. Thanks

berkeleylivebait
06-18-2009, 06:08 PM
we don't have a phone yet. im working on it. check the message boards for updates.berkeley has live bait now.

xxxxxx
06-18-2009, 06:30 PM
Any change in the size? We got bait early today from the bait shop near the launch big mistake I mean huge!!!! It was small ( expected ) alot died in the bucket minutes after they were put in and before we launched and filled the baitwell ( 5 min. ) and then we got charged same price for half a scoop and maybe got to use 15 total live baits. Good news we caught a few with those half dead super small extremely overpriced good for seagul food only minners. Yes I'd do it all over again I think?????

Reel Fun

berkeleylivebait
06-18-2009, 06:39 PM
not as many mini anchovies.

MoMoney
06-18-2009, 07:51 PM
The bait may be small and seem expensive but give the guys a break,they search and search for those schools half the time coming up empty handed and if they are small oh well,they spend the same time and fuel to find em and you guys want a discount.Be realistic!!Just pay the money with a smile or go troll popcicles and leave it at that.Nobody is gettin rich in the fishin industry right now Im sure

JO73
06-18-2009, 08:43 PM
I agree. Give the bait guy a break. I have been going out for a few years on charters and party boats from the area and the "bait guy" can only provide the bait that is available to him from mother nature. I know he shows the bait before purchase so if you don't like it don't buy it and go troll with frozen.

P.S. Berkeley live bait: going out with Capt Kev next Friday please have good bait. Just kidding!! ;D

xxxxxx
06-19-2009, 07:01 AM
I did not get the bait from K dock...I got it from the BAIT SHOP and that was only because the BAIT GUY ON K Dock was completely out. The bait shop charged us for 4 dozen chovies I guess they sell them by the dozen? We maybe got 20-25 chovies total and more than half of them died in 2-4 min. the other half were punch drunk. We lways get bait from the dock and its always good...30 bucks worth last all day and then some for three anglers we paid 30 bucks for 15 anchovies or about 30 mins worth of fishing but we caught fish so not all that bad. I know how the bait system works and I not complaining about the K dock price or size etc. just when the bait shop guys give you 2 dozen and charge for 4 and half of them float way before you can use them its a waste of money.

Reel Fun

berkeleylivebait
06-19-2009, 09:37 AM
The bait may be small and seem expensive but give the guys a break,they search and search for those schools half the time coming up empty handed and if they are small oh well,they spend the same time and fuel to find em and you guys want a discount.Be realistic!!Just pay the money with a smile or go troll popcicles and leave it at that.Nobody is gettin rich in the fishin industry right now Im sure thank you.

xxxxxx
06-19-2009, 04:42 PM
somebody missed my whole point and if they were to pay 30 bones for 15 three inch long anchovies they just might have a differant opinion. Man talk about supply and demand markup but as far as the berkely live bait guy is concerned I have never had any problems with those guys they always give out a little extra and they live all day in my bait tank ( most of them ) and I know the have had a hard time finding bait and losing money looking so i don't need to give them any break I was not talking about them to begin with.

Reel Fun

berkeleylivebait
06-19-2009, 07:24 PM
somebody missed my whole point and if they were to pay 30 bones for 15 three inch long anchovies they just might have a differant opinion. Man talk about supply and demand markup but as far as the berkely live bait guy is concerned I have never had any problems with those guys they always give out a little extra and they live all day in my bait tank ( most of them ) and I know the have had a hard time finding bait and losing money looking so i don't need to give them any break I was not talking about them to begin with.

Reel Fun no problem.