PDA

View Full Version : Chabot. 12-30

Globetrouter
12-31-2008, 08:55 AM
Well, it was a slow day for us overall. Solid eight hours of fishing. I am VERY proud of my son for making it the whole day. He usually does not like to go on all day trips(could be the new Kastmaster he bought with his own money).We tried all kinds of lures as well as ALL types of speeds ;). Let 3 go, took 2 home for eating and my 8 year son learned a tough fishing lesson....

* * Take your time with a big fish. Especially when it is at the boat. He lost what would have been his personal best fish EVER! 20" rainbow easily pushing 4+ pounds. He fought it like a champ! Every time we got the net in that air that fish new it. It would take off like a rocket. He would get it back to the boat only to have it do it again. Well on the last attempt she made a hard right turn under the boat shook the lure. Oh well, live and learn.

* * Thanks for all of the tip guys. It was a beautiful day and there were a TON of people out there. Some VERY inexperienced boating fisherman. OH....if you had power bait and the right spot, you would have limited out within a couple of hours. Unfortunately we did not have any bait. Will next time.

Thanks again!

P.S. My son is still undefeated at Chabot. Every time he goes, he catches at least one fish. How many of us can say that??????

[smiley=fishing5.gif]

Slapin_Bass
12-31-2008, 12:07 PM
Thanks for the report. Sounds like your boy is ready for an over-nighter now. ;D Glad you got into some fish. Did he get one on the new Gold Kastmaster?

Globetrouter
12-31-2008, 12:49 PM
Thanks for the report. Sounds like your boy is ready for an over-nighter now. ;D Glad you got into some fish. Did he get one on the new Gold Kastmaster?

Yup! First one of the day. I think he caught one more on it as well. Broke in his new pole that he won in a catfish derby last year. Thanks for all of your help.

[smiley=fishing5.gif]

Slapin_Bass
12-31-2008, 12:52 PM
What a way to break in the new gear! I think we have another 1/4oz Gold Kastmaster Junkie on our hands!