PDA

View Full Version : Del Valle 12/26

firetrout
12-26-2008, 06:02 PM
Took my 10 year old daughter for a day on the lake. Started fishing at 9:30. About 10-15 boats working the marina area dunking bait. We passed up the bait for trolling. Trolled Rapalas on 4 rods at the Narrows, Swallow Bay for nada. Talked to one boat working Heron Bay picking up a couple. We started off with a double. Ended with 8 to the boat all released. A girl thing. 2 0f them went 16 inches lots of small fish caught by us and 2 others boats working the bay. But it was steady action. Must of had 7 LDR's . Action stopped for the troll around 1pm. Out of water about 2:15. Fun day.

Did see fish caught early around the marina on bait.
Weather was cool with almost not wind. :)

Klamdog
12-26-2008, 07:00 PM
Firetrout,
Thanks for the report! *That must have been fun to get your daughter out there, and catch fish too! *Sounds like you guys had a good day! *I'm looking at Monday, or Tuesday! *I'll watch the weekend reports, and hope to see some sniffers out there then!

zbone
12-29-2008, 03:41 PM
Hey FireTrout, nice report. I am curious to know what kind of Rapalas you were trolling with. I have not used them to fish for trout much, but I would like to try them out. If you want to send me a PM that would be great. Thanks for the help!

Woody
12-29-2008, 06:06 PM
Zbone any of the J-9s, J-7s, J-5s F-7s, f-5s, shad raps most colors work well but mostly black/Silver, Fire tiger, and anything with orange in it.

I will be there on Wedneesday

See you on the water
Woody

zbone
12-30-2008, 03:54 PM
Thanks Woody- I really appreciate the help. I'm just beginning to get into trolling for trout, so a little help goes a long way. I'm thinking about going to Del Valle on Thursday and renting a boat...not so sure I'm going to be able to get any of my friends up early to come along though, being new years day and all! Good luck tomorrow.