fishrite
12-28-2008, 08:54 PM
Hello Sniffers,
this will probably get get deleted i don't hate no one
just wish on the Amador postings would stick to stuff regarding the lake
not the small cheat chat

Slapin_Bass
12-28-2008, 10:07 PM
I am not a Amador fisherman and probably never will, so I usually dont pay much attention. But I think that the reason is just what you said. There is so much talk when it comes to Amador, it gets its own thread. Then if anyone has a specific question or report about Amador, they can post on the regular trout board. Not sure if this is even close to being right, but it sounds like it almost makes sense. -Andrew

cynnate
12-29-2008, 07:31 AM
My vote is for an Amador BS thread up top for the season. Then just a fishing report/ramp conditions thread on the daily thread with good info on it. There is a contigent of good friends that BS together and they shouldn't be punished for it. But accessible info would be fantastic!! IMHO. :D

Nathan

hungryhooker
12-29-2008, 08:56 AM
Add my vote to the tally...

jumpinjimmy
12-29-2008, 09:13 AM
Ya amador has some nice fish but I quit going their when I hit a 55 gallon drum of ??? pulling into campers cove with my blufin , you would thing with the amount of money they charge to fish their lake they would at least clean it up some . :(

RonM
12-29-2008, 09:35 AM
My vote is for an Amador BS thread up top for the season. Then just a fishing report/ramp conditions thread on the daily thread with good info on it. There is a contigent of good friends that BS together and they shouldn't be punished for it. But accessible info would be fantastic!! IMHO. :D

Nathan

Nate, That might not be a bad ideal, let me see what the other mods think about it. The only setback I can see is it may be hard for us to manage, we have to move every post that ends up in the wrong thread and that's not easy when they get mixed with the others.

fishnatic
12-29-2008, 11:19 AM
After reading all of the good reports about Amador lately, I decided to try it for the first time on Saturday. I was very disappointed. I read the sniffer quite often and have not seen any post on the awfull conditions of the lake. The water color is brown and the lake level is so low that it feels like your fishing in the bottom of a toilet bowl. Not to mension that there were so many boats and bankies on such a small lake (should be called a pond) that it made fishing very stressfull trying to not get tanggled with other lines. I won't even get started on the launch ramp conditions. I know that they plant alot of trout in there, but the amout of money they charge and number of boats/people that they allow on such a small lake is rediculous. After launching and seeing the conditions we decided to pull the boat out and go to Camanche. I went in to the store and talked to the lady behind the counter on my way out. She was very nice and completely understood. She also refunded me the full $32 that I paid to fish. I mostly fish the high mountian lakes to get away and relax, if I catch a fish it is a bonus. Fishing with the masses at Amador is not my idea of a good time. Needlees to say I will never go back. I just thought that rookies to Amador might want to know before the go.

Trout_Terminator
12-29-2008, 11:34 AM
There are a lot of reasons why i choose not to fish amador on the weeked, and the reasons that have been beaten to death are those. If you want a good experience at amador, i recommend you go during the weekday, and get there EARLY, before the gate is even open early...

fishnatic
12-29-2008, 11:40 AM
That still won't change the condition of the water, ramp or cost.

Denny1969
12-29-2008, 11:47 AM
After reading all of the good reports about Amador lately, I decided to try it for the first time on Saturday. *I was very disappointed. *I read the sniffer quite often and have not seen any post on the awfull conditions of the lake. *The water color is brown and the lake level is so low that it feels like your fishing in the bottom of a toilet bowl. *Not to mension that there were so many boats and bankies on such a small lake (should be called a pond) that it made fishing very stressfull trying to not get tanggled with other lines. *I won't even get started on the launch ramp conditions. *I know that they plant alot of trout in there, but the amout of money they charge and number of boats/people that they allow on such a small lake is rediculous. *After launching and seeing the conditions we decided to pull the boat out and go to Camanche. *I went in to the store and talked to the lady behind the counter on my way out. *She was very nice and completely understood. *She also refunded me the full $32 that I paid to fish. *I mostly fish the high mountian lakes to get away and relax, if I catch a fish it is a bonus. *Fishing with the masses at Amador is not my idea of a good time. *Needlees *to say I will never go back. *I just thought that rookies to Amador might want to know before the go.

No personal attack meant, but I don't know how you could miss all the pictures that were posted by Yakmotor and others in regards to the conditions. On the 17th page, there are two great pictures that show the launch area.

fishnatic
12-29-2008, 11:56 AM
None taken. I saw the pictures of the launch area prior to deciding to go. The pictures just don't capture the whole package. I was surprised by the amount of fishermen that are still willing to pay to fish there.

tragedyspring
12-29-2008, 12:14 PM
Amador is worth it IMO. A majority of the fish there are on the larger side 3lbs and up, and they all fight like steelhead with powerful runs and the usual acrobatics. Yes the launch situation is bad, by far the worst place with a paved ramp, I have been to. I stayed for a week in November and I plan on going there in the future. I guess you take the good with the bad. :-?

auburnfisher
12-29-2008, 01:17 PM
Amador is what it is.... It is not a pristine fishery for native trout. It's basically a pay per pound fish farm like the kind they have at the fair (only a little bigger). it is crowded and too many people leave their garbage around. but the trout are huge and plentiful. so long as you have your expectations set realistically, its a fun place to go and i enjoy it once or twice a year. the fish dont fight well at all (no offense to a previous poster, but in my opinion, the fight can't be remotely compared with a native steelhead- not even close and I caugth two 26" ama-bows the other day)... but they taste fine. troll the opposite end from the dam and you'll have a bit more room for yourself. everyone i've met has been friendly, but then I haven't crossed any fishing lines either. Where else can you reliably get a 15 lb. + limit? just my 2 (ok 3) cents.

Defender
12-29-2008, 02:50 PM
Hello Sniffers,
this will probably get get deleted i don't hate no one
just wish on the Amador postings would stick to stuff regarding the lake
not the small cheat chat

Agree!

FisherForLife
12-29-2008, 03:01 PM
2 seperate threads would be nice. Got my vote ;)

Salvage
12-29-2008, 06:23 PM
Hi,
I am in favor of 2 separate threads.
Cheers,
Salvage

RonM
12-29-2008, 08:46 PM
Like I mentioned I'll kook into it when I have time, my first take is it will be to difficult for us Mods to manage.