PDA

View Full Version : Melones 12/28 Very quick morning!! With a picture

aquaman
12-28-2008, 04:11 PM
My buddy Morgan and I hit it again this morning and were done in just over an hour. We didn't even have time to make our breakfast today. Same as before, power eggs off the bottom and on the surface. Nothing real big, 7 about 14 inches and 3 were about 16&1/2 inches. I only took one picture of the stringer in the water today.

http://i41.tinypic.com/k4i713.jpg

Seon
12-28-2008, 04:59 PM
Geezz Loueezzz, leave some for me ;D ;D.

I'm headed out to soak some Shad for Stripers tomorrow but eyeing Wednesday to hit Melones.

Great report!

PapaGreg
12-28-2008, 05:35 PM
:)aquaman, nice fish, I'm planning on taking my grandsons out there tommorrow, any problem with a 4 and 7 year old gwetting to the fishing area?

Also, I was reprimanded several years ago by a game warden about having more than one limit on a stringer, anybody else ever been confronted about this?

It was myself, wife and two daughters and the fish were all on one stringer, no citation, but a warning to make sure each angler had their own stringer.

aquaman
12-28-2008, 05:58 PM
That is a new one to me about a different stringer for each person. I have had Fish & Game check licences before and never said a word. Good to know though. I will ask next time I see a wardon.

steveo79
12-28-2008, 09:32 PM
Not that this is any guarantee, but I've had my, and 2 other's limits checked, 2limits were in one ice chest, and nothing was said. This is the same warden that was out checking Melones on Saturday, the 27th. Nice guy.

aquaman
12-29-2008, 07:11 AM
When we keep stripers on a stringer or when they are in an ice-chest and the wardens come and check sizes nothing has ever been said. it still makes me curious though.

johnbfishin
12-29-2008, 07:46 AM
Also, I was reprimanded several years ago by a game warden about having more than one limit on a stringer, anybody else ever been confronted about this?

This is rarely enforced, the spirit of the rule is so the wardens have something to work with. IMHO it's to address the issue of someone taking a bunch of kids fishing then the Licensed adult catches limits for all. The license holder is done after the 5 bag limit is reached regardless of the status of the other anglers in the party, they want to be able to identify each persons catch.
Of course this holds true if it's just a group of kids fishing also, but you get my drift here.

aquaman
12-29-2008, 07:49 AM
Got it. Do most people use seporate stringers in your opinion? I know we never have.

johnbfishin
12-29-2008, 08:05 AM
Got it. Do most people use seporate stringers in your opinion?

When fishing for Trout I would say no, but generalizing like that will almost always get one bit in the butt. ;)

flasher
12-29-2008, 08:42 AM
Great catch! My question would be - If a person catches his/her limit, are you not required to stop fishing and pull your rod out of the water??
flasher :o

aquaman
12-29-2008, 09:00 AM
Yes that person is suppose to stop. Another good example is if you are fishing with 2 rods and only need 1 fish to fill a limit you shouldn't use the 2nd rod.

Athlete24
12-29-2008, 09:09 AM
Hey Nice fish. [smiley=thumbsup.gif] I was just wondering if you were at tuttletown or angels cove?

aquaman
12-29-2008, 09:17 AM
Tuttletown...