PDA

View Full Version : Del Valle 12/27/08 report

fishmaster
12-27-2008, 05:02 PM
Hit the lake today with Chilli31 at about 7 am. We rented a 14 footer with a four stroke that put out more smoke than my 2 stroke motor. Go to get in the boat and I end up on my butt! It's nothing like getting into mine, this one sinks quite a bit when you step into it. So we start out toward the south end of the lake and I happen to notice the number on the side of our rental boat "13". I had a feeling this day was not going to be a good one. We get our lines in the water and had a taker right off the bat. Trolled around for about a half an hour with out another hit. That would be the last break we would get the rest of the day. We hit a school and chased them around the rest of the day. Landed a total of 37 trout to 4lbs. Missed about 20 more goofing off setting the hook. Longlining Rapalas in any color was doing the trick. Kept our limits and released the rest to fight another day. Most of the fish were full of eggs. Caught 3 fish today with somebodys leader in them. One of them was a 5lb. catfish. Turned out to be a great day on the lake. I think Chilli31 is a believer now ;).
Woody, I found that stump you were talking about. It jarred the heck out of my arm :-?.

Woody
12-27-2008, 05:56 PM
Fishmaster that stump put me on my a$$ it stopped my 4000# boat like I ran into a brick wall.

We started fishing Heron bay first fish in the boat within 2 minutes. We caught two more fish one nice holdover with Salmon red meat. Then the bite just died we trolled all the way back to the narrows before getting another fish in the boat.
After joining in with you it was a pretty constant pick but we lost more fish at the boat today then I can ever remember losing. We put 13 fish in the boat today and lost almost that many at the boat.

Woody

Mackattack
12-27-2008, 06:18 PM
Go to get in the boat and I end up on my butt!

Not sure how big your boat is but with those little rentals you got to step right in the center of the bench or things are are going to get wierd quick ! At least you did not go for a swim,seen that many a time.

Mackattack

Klamdog
12-27-2008, 06:54 PM
Fishmaster/Woody,
That's a lot of fish between you guys today! *However, I wouldn't expect anything else from the two of you! *Another great day on the lake! *I'm going to go out on Tuesday, please fill me in on the "stump", so I can avoid it! *Thanks!

12-27-2008, 07:00 PM
Going back on sunday early, ya that stump could ruin your day. If I see it again tommorrow think I'll tie a bouy to it. We got there way to late and fooled around the south end for maybe 1/2 hr. Then went to Heron. Could'nt seem to keep them on the line though. We'd got huge hits and then as soon as you picked up the rod it was over. Tried grubs, rapalahs and spoons. Same results. Only one fish for about three hours fishing. But it was the first time I got to take my grandson with me and he made up for my crappy hooksetting. At least he got one and cleand it. We bbq it when we got home and it tasted pretty good. He's going again with me tommorrow so we'll have more fun. Sorry Woody, tried calling you on my handheld but could not hear back. I saw you go for the radio, but guess I'm gonna have to get a new unit. We were trying around 1.6 to 1.8 with the grubs. Wheres the best place to find them around Oakley?? Went to hook line and sinker, but their stuff is mainly bass. What you guys think to fast or to slow?? Anyway hope to see some more sniffers on sun.

fishmaster
12-27-2008, 07:18 PM
Klamdog, the stump is on the west side of the south end. It is about 6 inches under the surface in front of the tules. It would be a good Idea to mark it, if you find it.

Woody
12-27-2008, 08:30 PM
3.5 try to stay under 1.5 and closer to 1mph. You should be able to find grubs at Sport Chalet. Fishermans warehouse or BPS.

I marked the tree in the south end with a water bottle but the stump is just a little farther south and out closer to the middle of the lake.

Woody

Klamdog
12-27-2008, 08:35 PM
Fishmaster,
Thanks! *I will definitely keep an eye out, and mark it if I see it! *Hopefully someone else reads this before Tuesday, and beats me to it! *If not, I'll have something with me to tie on to it!

firetrout
12-27-2008, 10:21 PM
Great job Mark. Did you stay in the south end today?

12-27-2008, 11:06 PM
Thanks Woody, Seems like I get turned around. But yes the stump I saw was sticking up about six inches. Middle of the narrows as I call it.

chilli31
12-29-2008, 03:02 AM
yes master yes master *i believe *now *:-X :-X :-X
we had an awesome day out there on south end *the highlight of our day *is when *mostly every pole was a movin *8-) 8-) 8-)

and feeeesh master *almost fell into the lake *in the morning wish i could have seen that * ::) ::) :o :o ;D ;D

yeah *i guess boat # 13 wouldn't have a big dent under it if someone did not move that marker you left woody *we kept an eye on it after you left and made sure not to go in that area

*UNTIL it was picked up. *which is a good thing keep the lake clean *but if it was for a purpose *lol please *keep it there * ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

all in all *it was a great *day for rental boat #13 lol http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d198/littlebee410/BOAT%20PICS/DSC_6977.jpg

after we hit the stump

chilli31
12-29-2008, 03:33 AM
if the lake level gets any lower it might be real hard to navigate http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a320/KingLucentio/funny%20or%20cool/boat_pillar.jpg ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D