PDA

View Full Version : trolled New Melones 12/26

kokaneeCommander
12-27-2008, 09:39 AM
Left my house at 5:30am. Launched at the Glory Hole ramp around 8:30am. Headed for the 49er bridge put the lines in and had one on fast. About a 2lber. on a trout baitrix in rainbow trout pattern. Then we had to run back to the car about 10:30. Someone forgot there licencse. Next we made a tack from the spill way to the dam in 30 to 60 feet of water, never got a bite. Trolled out of the dam cove, pulled them and ran back to the 49er bridge and started back to the other bridge.( the 4 bridge?) Caught for more on the way back. All planters in the 14-16in. range. each of the following lures caught a fish size 2 metallic perch needlefish, small chrome crocodile, chrome rebel, and size 2 chrome needlefish. Pulled large plugs all day, in all the standard big fish colors. Had one good take down on a brown trout CD11 but didn't stick. Pulled off the water at 5:30pm backed the boat into the driveway at 9:45pm. Long day, but you can't catch them from the couch!!

Nick "kokaneeCommander"

troutfan
12-27-2008, 09:46 AM
It sounds like Melones is the hot-spot right now. It's just too bad that there is so much snow between me and the lake. :-/

kokaneeCommander
12-27-2008, 09:49 AM
Hot bite from the bank, tough from the boat.

fishon_chris
12-27-2008, 10:11 AM
Thanks for the report Nick.At least you got in to some fish.I know the bite from the shore is on fire.At least from the reports comming on this form.

Thanks
Chris

BigRichClovis
12-27-2008, 01:08 PM
I was hoping to hear better news. I was thinking about heading that way on Monday and Tuesday. Maybe some more reports will come in with more action. If not I will head back to Shaver.

Thanks for the report.

fishon18
12-27-2008, 01:44 PM
KC,

Thanks for the report, I was planning on going up early in the morning. Did you happen to sneak into any of the coves (Angel's/Mormon)? Waiting for a report from McClure to finalize my decision. Thanks for sharing....

Scott

Martinez Frank
12-27-2008, 02:24 PM
I'll be headed there tuesday morning early 8-)

steveo79
12-27-2008, 05:17 PM
KC, was that your white north river, with maybe 3 other guys? You kind of hung a left and got a good look at the bankers? Did you guys see that big pontoon, that sat on the ramp for darn near an hour, before he put in?

aquaman
12-27-2008, 06:50 PM
Don't you mean closer to an hour and a half before the pontoon got in the water?? What a joke blocking an entire lane of a launch ramp for so long. Get your boat ready up top and then put it in the water so you don't hold up the rest of the guys trying to have a great day out on the water. Just my .02 of course.

steveo79
12-27-2008, 06:54 PM
Don't you mean closer to an hour and a half before the pontoon got in the water??

well yeah. I didn't want to exaggerate the situation. Could have been KC for all I know.... ;)

kokaneeCommander
12-28-2008, 11:26 AM
No, my norhtriver is blue. I try to be fast on the ramp even when its slow.