PDA

View Full Version : Melones on fire!!!!!!

Tigerfox
12-27-2008, 10:23 PM
Sorry that I didn't post yesterday, but as soon as I got home I was carted off to the mall to watch my daughter get her ears pierced. It was her first time, you dads will understand.

So, I arrived at 6 and hit angles cove. What a walk!!!! In the water by 6:15, fish on at 6:17. Didn't get a chance to get the second pole in.

This went on for 10 more times. So you know I catch and release, for those of you that were wondering. It was so cold I wished for the fish to stop biting so my hands could warm up.

They were biting on a 3 power egg combo. Pink on top and bottom with a chartruce in the middle. Followed up with an injection of pro cure trout formula. I read that a little inside helps keep the sent when they bite. And it did produce more fish than last week.

There were a couple of others in the cove. I went to the right and the others went to the left. I'm not sure they pulled many out.

I'm hitting the lake tommorrow. I'll be once again at angles cove hoping I cam climb out when I want to leave. But the lung bursting walk is worth it when the bite is on.

To end this tale, I left at 10. Not a bad few hours of fishing. Heres to tight lines and a great new year!!!!!!

stonesfan
12-27-2008, 10:39 PM
It was so cold I wished for the fish to stop biting so my hands could warm up.

NOW THAT'S WHAT I CALL AN AWESOME DAY............. [smiley=suesscat.gif]

Stones [smiley=rollingstones.gif]Fan

steveo79
12-28-2008, 07:25 AM
Nice report. What area were you fishing? The cove down by the gated off access to the launch ramp? Or, the cove on the right, with the 5-6 parking spots right off the road.

Either of them is a hike. I did the latter one once, with 2 rods, a chair, tackle, ice chest. But only once with a load like that. ;D

I was at Tuttletown that day you were at Angels cove, I second the freezing hands thing...wow.

stonesfan
12-28-2008, 07:35 AM
I second the freezing hands thing...wow.[/quote]

Steveo, there are things called....................GLOVES........ [smiley=cold.gif]

Stones [smiley=rollingstones.gif]Fan

Rusty_Hooks
12-28-2008, 07:42 AM
dont leave home without this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjaN39Cv1eE

;)

steveo79
12-28-2008, 07:59 AM
Steveo, there are things called....................GLOVES.......

roger that, wiseguy....

My wool fingerless gloves are hook magnets, plus, all the other fish "stuff" renders them useless. Neoprene gloves, and a couple handwarmers....that's the ticket!

Thanks for the link, RH! I checked out those on You tube, along with a few of the other "handwarmers" shown. Nice...