PDA

View Full Version : 12/23/08 Tahoe cave rock update

St._Denis
12-23-2008, 08:17 PM
Went down to the cave rock Launch after our snow storm last nite (8 to 12 inchs) . Nevada cleared all the parking and 7 feet of the left/west/cal side of the ramp only . So I pulled out the Blower and cleared the middle and Nevada/ east/right side of the ramp down to the cement. Took my son eric out for a couple hours of Drop Dead gorgous Weather with giant ac Plugs and trophysticks to no success
.... except Bald eagles and Blue skys over head !!! We left with that Tahoe/ Sierra Smile.... ;D ;D ;D ;D We were the only Boat at the launch again. Aloha !! gst 8-) ::) :o ;) :)

danlbee
12-23-2008, 08:25 PM
Thats a fine time. Merry Christmas :)

St._Denis
12-24-2008, 11:33 AM
* Aye !! *Snowing litely right now 2or 3" tops, lite winds... will increase this afternoon with wind and some snow flurries into tonite and thurs morning. ..... ;D Friday clearup, sat, sun, mon,and tues scattered clouds and widley scattered snoww dustings. ;D *Merry christmas !!! * gst *::) :o ;D ;)

dinos marine
12-25-2008, 12:33 AM
so did anyone check your boat for the mussels??? lol :D ;D :D ;D

St._Denis
12-25-2008, 07:18 AM
I get checked and tagged and Banded every time now It is quite embarrassing with female inspecters!!.... Snowing still... we got a foot more snow or so ,this morning, since the last report here last nite. Tomarrow clear up time , with sat. sun. mon. tues looking GREAT FOR FISHING !!!! Scattered clouds and blue skies forecast. Hip Hip HORREH !!! Merry Christmas to All and to All a Happy New Year !!! Remember Fishniffer Special still good for our Fishing Charters this week !! Aloha !! gst ::) 8-) :o ;D ;)

ShortLeader
12-25-2008, 10:23 AM
how is rainbow trout fishing this time of the year?
I have never fished tahoe before but it would seem like needlefish trolled in the shallows might work.
Thanks for all the updates, we might head up there next week.

Weez
12-25-2008, 11:34 AM
Rainbow fishing is excellent at this time. I have not tried the needlefish for them on Tahoe, but they might work well right tight to the rocks. Caught 3 from 13 to 16 inches on Saturday slow-trolling minnows and nightcrawlers, and caught a gorgeous five-pounder on Sunday fast-trolling an AC Plug.