PDA

View Full Version : Tangled Lines

MontanaN8V
12-24-2008, 09:25 AM
Taking the kids fishing at Amador on Friday. We will be banking it, because I am not going to rent a boat and have 6 of us in it, and renting two is out of the question because the oldest kid is 13, and youngest is 7. So, even though the water level is down, and there is plenty of shoreline, and I intend to spread them out...........

SuperDave
12-24-2008, 09:27 AM
You forgot about snags. I vote you have way more of those. God bless you for your effort though. ;D

yayafisherwoman
12-24-2008, 10:39 AM
don't know about you guys but my kids have this uncanny ability to cast in a 360 degree circumfrence. It never fails, they will somehow cast sideways, 20 to their left, over my line which is in the water... ::)
Isn't fishing supposed to teach us patience also?? *:D

YaYa

MankinD
12-24-2008, 10:49 AM
This should earn you a new white coat with very long sleeves and a couple big attendants to help buckle you into it. On the bright side, the custom "tuck and roll" upholstered walls in your new room will be so cool [smiley=smiley_crazy.gif]

stonesfan
12-24-2008, 11:05 AM
I don't think the Tangled Lines will come from casting, but from
when your 7 year old Hooks into a 8 or 9 lb Amador Bow and it
want to do it's THING............................................. ........ :D

Stones [smiley=rollingstones.gif]Fan

Slapin_Bass
12-24-2008, 11:31 AM
Another good one will be how many "birds-nests" you will be sorting out. I've seen some good ones where the reel was just retired for the day! And I did several that just made my Uncle look at me with this "You cant tie your own shoes, but you can tie 1,765 knots in a fishing line" look. I miss those days ;D ;D ;D Good luck, and have a wonderful time out there with the fisherkids.

Prowler
12-24-2008, 12:05 PM
I wouldn't worry about bringing your own rod with you. When me and two of my friends take their 5 kids and 3 nephews fishing, none of us does much fishing. Sometimes it's funner to be the baiter/untangler/un-snagger. Just watching the smile on those kids faces when they get to reel in the big one is reward enough. Good luck!

MontanaN8V
12-24-2008, 12:21 PM
It will be fun. I always put a rod out, so that who ever is getting skunked gets an extra shot at reeling one in. Roger that on the rat nests. I bring two spare reels, all the time for quick change out. If anyone, I mean anyone sees us out there, and you have beer, please come make a new friend!!!!!!JK

Woody
12-24-2008, 09:46 PM
MontanaN8V As long as there is no wind bobbers are always a good idea with kids. less snags, you can see were there line is and kids love to see there bobber disappear.

Woody

Darin
12-24-2008, 10:09 PM
You are going to be a busy man. Good times, Good memories=priceless. Just make sure you rember some saftey goggles. My 6 year old nephew manged to hook my hat the last time I took him out. But I guess that's what can happen when you give a six year old a fly rod ;D

chicofishrmen
12-24-2008, 10:47 PM
MontanaN8V *As long as there is no wind bobbers are always a good idea with kids. * less snags, you can see were there line is and kids love to see there bobber disappear.

Woody

Ding, Ding, Ding, we have a winner! Great idea Woody, a great solution to the problem! Who doesn't love to see a great takedown on a bobber, and it will keep tangles to a minimum...http://www.fishsniffer.com/forumsyabb2008/Templates/Forum/default/rolleyes.gif

Have a great trip Nate, and remember to take plently of pic's! While we love pic's, I think I can safely say we love nothing more than kids with their prize catch pic's! http://www.fishsniffer.com/forumsyabb2008/Templates/Forum/default/wink.gif

metalmouth
12-24-2008, 10:55 PM
I can safely say we love nothing more than kids with their prize catch pic's!

The best trophy that I can think of! ;)

dinos marine
12-25-2008, 12:32 AM
I second that, bring the camera and shoot a few for us. good luck and have patience. my kids love to fish, and it required alot of patience and beer............and a cocktail or two didnt hurt ;D
they are only young once.

cptdarel
12-25-2008, 01:23 AM
now that depends on how good the teacher is.........remember Grasshopper........wax on wax off. :-/