PDA

View Full Version : Melones 12/23/08 off the bank.

aquaman
12-23-2008, 11:08 AM
I found my way to the Tuttltown ramp area this morning for a little fast and furious bank fishing. I caught a limit of 13-16 inch fish and released another 8. I would say 75% of them were caught on Power eggs in no particular color and the other on a small inline spinner. I was only fishing for about 1&1/2 hours.
I met Twoelk with his new Duckworth which is a very nice rig. He was waiting for a friend to meet him. I have to say thanks to Twoelk for the invite to ride along today also. That was a very nice of him to invite me along.
Special thanks to Steveo79 for pointing me in the right direction last night.
I think I will go up some more while I'm off for the next couple weeks.

steveo79
12-23-2008, 12:51 PM
glad you got into some fish. I was there last night, with the crummy weather, and only got 4. Would have been bad to drive up after all the good reports, and get nothing.

Nice job...what type/color spinner did you use? I may need to add it to my arsenal.

PapaGreg
12-23-2008, 01:41 PM
:)How was the weather?

I was planning on going this morning, but awoke to a "winter wonderland" of white about 5 inches thick.

Checked the road conditions from my place and chains were required on highway 26 to Moke Hill, so I stayed home.

aquaman
12-23-2008, 02:58 PM
Steveo79: The spinner was just a cheapo that came in a 5-pack from walmart. It had a blue minnow type body with brown and chartruese hair or feather on the back.

PapaGreg: It rained most of the way up there but stopped about 6:30am. My truck said it was 39-41 outside the entire time. It was really enjoyable weather compared to what I thought I was going to be in. I only wore a hooded sweatshirt and never even thought of putting on my jacket over it.

PapaGreg
12-23-2008, 05:26 PM
:)Watching the weather report now, looks like more of the same tonight and tommorrow, rain and snow.

I guess it will be a decision in the morning.

Thanks for the info.

Seon
12-23-2008, 05:31 PM
Hey Aquaman, I was the one Twoelk was waiting for. Sorry I didn't get to meet you but saw you bring in a Trout or two while we were trolling.

After we got back to shore at the end of the day, I decided to fish the exact spot you were at this morning and on my 3rd Kastmaster cast brought in a 14"-er, then headed home.

Weather wise, what a beautifuy day today!! However, it calls for snow there tomorrow :o.

aquaman
12-23-2008, 05:45 PM
Good job... How did you guys do trolling??