PDA

View Full Version : Del Valle results Dec.20th (HOT)

firetrout
12-20-2008, 08:16 PM
Got an early start. Weather was 32 degrees, :o no wind and *sunshine all day. *In the water fishing at 7:30 with co-worker his 11 year old son *and my 11 year old son. *I wanted to see the kids catch fish so we started at the buoy in front of the marina. *It was none stop action using white or green power eggs (2), even if the hook showed it didn't matter. *Also power bait dough rainbow was good.

Caught 15 their, keep 12 of those 5 were 14-16 inches. *Lots of bites, we must have had 10 more hits that they missed. *Lots of fun to see the co-workers son work the rods. *Saw a dad with his 2 young boys and told him to take get close and drop anchor. *It was great to see his son nail one. *Then we left and his took our spot to fish for more. *I'm sure he had a fun day. :)

There are lots of new planters average 12 inches or so from DFG with surprising nice tails. :o *The larger fish did not look the same as the DFG fish. *So I wanted to show them how to troll lures. *Tried the narrows with no luck. *Then talked to Reel Deal who was having some luck in Heron Bay. *We arrived there dropped in as the bay started to the east side. *Trolled at 2 mph, 100 feet back using CD 7Black/silver minnow Rapala and a Firetiger *J7. *Also had a Kastmaster on the 3rd rod. *Got a couple nice fish there and released a couple there, Woody get the one that stole my CD7 minnow. >:( *Near the dam we nailed a couple on the south/west side.
Ended the day with 16 keepers to 3 lbs. lots of releases and tons of fun for the day. *It was a great day and nice weather. Off the water at 1:30. * *

Only about 20 boats total on lake. *Lots of bank fishermen.Good luck on Sunday

Remembered the camera 30 minutes from home.

Klamdog
12-20-2008, 08:47 PM
Firetrout,
Way to get em'! *Certain times of the year, with power bait in the south end is almost a can't miss! *I bet the kids had a great time with that! *It sounds like the troll was pretty good as well! *I had a feeling today was going to be a good day! *Thanks for the report!

Polebrother
12-20-2008, 10:07 PM
Great report highlighting a great day on the water with son and guests who clearly had an awesome time. That's what it's all about. Well done!

The Reel Deal
12-21-2008, 07:44 AM
Nice talking with FireTrout yesterday.

We managed 4 trout, had 6 LDR's. water level dropped a another 4 feet or so. When the bite slowed up I pulled in the lines and cruised by a few newly exposed trees that are usually under water, managed to retrieve 2 nice rapalas and a Bomber.

ended up being a great day.

-Jeff

Klamdog
12-21-2008, 10:18 AM
Jeff,
That's a great day, Fish and Free Lures! *I guess you can say your launch/daily permit were paid for today! *I bet those exposed trees were the ones down in the south end! *A month ago I was working that area in about 12' of water, now it's 4'-5'! *Glad to here you had a good day! *

JefffromLivermore
12-21-2008, 11:16 AM
I might go freeze my butt off for awhile and bank it in the south end. The weather report looks bleak but I like standing in freezing rain as it reminds me of home in one of the many Lake Erie snowbelts.

The Reel Deal
12-21-2008, 11:31 AM
Klamdog, actually found them in the narrows. i did not even attempt the south end. when the lake is full there are places that are 8 feet deep, thats gotta be all land now. you can actually see the pump outlet over by the dam. it is about 5 feet out of the water

Klamdog
12-21-2008, 11:58 AM
Jeff,
It sounds like it's even dropped a little more! *Last weekend there were a few boats down in the south end. *I know Woody spent a few hours down there picking up fish in 5' of water. *I went down there at the end of the day for about 30-45 min., and made a few passes right down the middle, about 8', and caught two fish. *I hope they don't let much more out! *Hopefully I can get out sometime between Christmas, and New Years! *Hope to see you out there!

The Reel Deal
12-21-2008, 04:34 PM
yea, i was there 2 weeks ago and there is less water, there were people fishing from shore next to the launch ramp, there is a sizable beach there now.