PDA

View Full Version : Help Please!!!!!!

garrett_s
12-20-2008, 03:06 PM
tommorow i can fish anywhere within 2 hours of Sacramento, I am looking for a place where I will have a good shot at catching fish and I will need to know what to use.
thanks

fishing_man
12-20-2008, 03:30 PM
Maybe Lake Amador. It seems to be picking up according to the reports on here. I dont fish it but ask people on the Amador thread. Good Luck

F_M

untalan1
12-20-2008, 03:43 PM
I would try New Melones if your fishing from shore from the tuttle town ramp or the area around glory hole.I've been reading that it's been red hotusing powerbait and floating nightcrawlers.Also try throwing some kastmasters or panther martins .This time of year those big browns cruise close to shore for an easy meal.

garrett_s
12-20-2008, 04:07 PM
I am on the bank, and i dont fish amador

skipper
12-20-2008, 04:19 PM
tommorow i can fish anywhere within 2 hours of Sacramento, I am looking for a place where I will have a good shot at catching fish and I will need to know what to use.
thanks

Check out the Camanche posts, lots of good info. There should be plenty of good spots for bank fishing at both north and south shore, also the south shore pond. Powerbait or night crawlers are always good.

gills
12-20-2008, 07:09 PM
Hey Guppy!

Try Rancho Seco, there was a stock of trout last saturday, wooly buggers behind clear water bobbers, power bait, work well.
Good luck!!
Gills 8-)

rpwlaw11
12-21-2008, 07:24 AM
also the south shore pond.

Guppy- If you haven't left yet. My son and I fished the trout pond yesterday. I caught 7 he caught two. I missed several other bites and he missed a couiple. Most of the hits came off white power worms and eggs. It was slow for most of the other people on the pond. Saw some people catch one or two, others took their skunkings. They didn't plant it this week, but still plenty of trout swimming there. We released all of ours. At least there's nine swimming around. *;D Also, it wasn't crowded at all. Just cold as heck when the fog was rolling through. Good luck wherever you go.

shon42073
12-21-2008, 08:42 AM
If I lived in Sac. I would probably be spending alot of my time on the lower yuba, Its not an easy river but its still a favorite of mine.