PDA

View Full Version : New Melones 12/20

Tigerfox
12-20-2008, 08:50 PM
Well this was the first time this season I hit the lake. I heard that the lake had turned over, and it did!!!!!

I arrived there at 6am and left at 11am. With a limit!!!!!!! Not a bad start to the melones season. I fished angles cove. On the glory hole side. I do have to say this is the lowest I have ever seen the lake.

So I caught 8 in total. Throwing back all the little ones for next time. I was using pink, green and white gulp eggs with and without an inflated crawler. I was about 3 feet off the bottom. I'm sure this is what most bankers are doing. I was getting bites every half an hour or so. Most of the time both poles.

There were a few others that were catching fish around me. So I say the lake is red hot right now. I hope it stays cold to keep it this way.

Good luck and tight lines.

Ironhead
12-20-2008, 09:33 PM
Thanks for the report. The smaller fish are plentiful right now, but we are all waiting for the big boys to show. It is a matter of time. Its close... We should see a lot of pressure on the lake over Christmas break.

Ironhead

aquaman
12-20-2008, 09:35 PM
Hey Ironhead,

What do you consider X-Mas break???? When sould we all take time away??

Chadzilla
12-20-2008, 09:43 PM
My guess is today (12/20) thru January 4th for Christmas break. Take time away any time you can get it.
[smiley=wink.gif]

Tiger... congrats on a great first trip out.

Ironhead
12-20-2008, 09:55 PM
What do you consider X-Mas break???? When should we all take time away??

Well, for anyone that works for a school district, I think most are off until after the New Year. It is Christmas, I am broke, so that makes it a "break".

I am still a working stiff, so I will be up there next Saturday if all goes well.

twoelk48
12-20-2008, 10:14 PM
Ironhead today was sent getting a much needed manitenace 101 lesson for the Duck. Tomorrow hitting Amador with Clamkin,game on Sat next week for Melones, now if the earlier part of the week is sorta of nice will hit ONeils Forebay.
When I see you and Scott hopefully at Melones help me up off the ground please, Ill explain then, till then Merry Christmas and Happy New Years may 2009 fine your line tight and getting great headshakes. Kent