PDA

View Full Version : Campbell Perc Ponds 12/17

UltraFace
12-18-2008, 12:25 AM
so i had some studying to do for a final and decided to do it while fishing. at first i had one rod set up for carp with a dough mix and one for trout with power eggs. later changed it to both rods with power eggs, one with a 2' lead and the other 1'. stayed from 2 til 7 didnt get anything all day. got what could have been a pickup on the carp rod but the bell barely rang and then nothing. saw some other folks with trout but in general no good. sick of getting skunked man i need to make a trip to del valle or something.

Polebrother
12-18-2008, 07:53 AM
Well at least you we're fishing and hopefully got enough studying in to ace your finals. *Whenever I'm in the Perc Pond area on business I always drive through the parking lot just to see if anyone is fishing and having luck. *Most often the place is deserted. *On those rare occasions when I see anglers, they always tell me they're not catching anything except for the occasional lone-ranger bass or trout. On the other hand, I got there one day right after a trout plant and it was elbow to elbow combat fishing. *So my take on the Perc Ponds is all or nothing...timing is everything. *That said, I'm almost certain there are local anglers who have figured the place out and can get bit on a regular basis.

tejedarichard
12-19-2008, 04:43 PM
Santa Clara Counties life story. Man we need to get it together. Stockings are cool but other than that we have no fishery. Bass at Calero is the best we have and they got mercury. I gave up on this area. I travel to do my fishing. Rather than fish weekly around here; I save my money and plan trips. It's hard because everywhere I go I'm not familiar with the area or river and the locals are lock jaw but that's the fun of it, especially when you conquer and catch a nice wild fish and your all alone. With the help of your sniffer bros it's not bad they do there best to give you the 411. Just my .02. Get you trout on .

CPTN_JACK
12-19-2008, 05:26 PM
The perk ponds in SJ i used to fish in the 70s , velveta chese was the bomb!! also used to get some big bass in the creek along the 17!! The big carp we used to get on jolly green giant corn were in the gravel pit neer Blossem hill rd!! Keep me posted in the delta!! CJ [smiley=captjack.gif]