PDA

View Full Version : Off the bank, at New Melones.

steveo79
12-12-2008, 07:19 PM
* *After scouting it out Tuesday, and seeing some trout being caught, I headed out to the Tuttletown ramp today to give it a go. *Usual Powerbait set up, egg weight, swivel, 30" leader. *I was to the left of the ramp, where the rocks and dirt bank meet.
Picture doesn't do them justice, were awful pretty fish for planters. *Was cold and windy, but the fish did not care. *Saw a couple other guys getting into them as well. *This picture is for Stonesfan, who surprised me with this sweet limit stick, by Kendra, of the Fishntripps. *She does a beautiful job, almost to pretty hang fish on.

* *Super easy access, parked my truck within 20 feet or so. *Good for those that are a little less mobile.

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z100/skhardwoods/NewMelones/Melones12-12-08.jpg

Ironhead
12-12-2008, 07:43 PM
Nice stick and fish. Glad you did well. It looks like things are turning around finally. I plan on giving it h*++ over New Years for 3 to 4 days.

Ironhead

camotracker
12-12-2008, 08:08 PM
very nice. congrats

stonesfan
12-13-2008, 09:18 AM
Steveo, I knew you were only waiting for the right moment to
display your Awesome Stick, way to fill it up...................

Stones [smiley=rollingstones.gif]Fan

tortuga
12-13-2008, 01:56 PM
Way to be. I guess I'm finally gonna have a chance to hit NM again....soon!
Congrats on a good day.
Tortuga

fishintrippz
12-13-2008, 03:02 PM
Looks good Stevo79, I think you are going to have to change your screen name now! Glad you liked it they are fun to make :) Great way to fill it up too.

Happy Holidays
Kendra

dilbeck
12-13-2008, 03:25 PM
Nice work! ;D Where were you fishing?

I'm heading out tomorrow on my kayak with several other guys as part of a fishing derby. I haven't decided where to fish yet but it should be interesting.

Michael

fishnmike2002
12-13-2008, 04:24 PM
Nice going SteveO.

FishnMike

steveo79
12-13-2008, 06:12 PM
I didn't mean to leave out the "where". I was at Tuttletown. Both TT and glory hole have gotten heavy plants, Glory Hole got about 1200lbs. Friday of 1 lb'ers.

dilbeck. Try that deep cove just left of the lower ramp at TT. Not the little one at the edge of the parking lot, but the one up against the back side of Rose Island, or Rose Peninsula. ;D You should be able to get one up to 2 lbs.

Loaded with fish. I went back this morning, like a junky looking for a fix, and got hooked up before I could close the bail. Switched out to Kastmasters, for the last couple. Got a nice batch for the smoker.

Chadzilla
12-13-2008, 11:16 PM
Congrats on the good trip... at least something is starting to hit at Melones.

dilbeck
12-14-2008, 08:16 AM
dilbeck. *Try that deep cove just left of the lower ramp at TT. *Not the little one at the edge of the parking lot, but the one up against the back side of Rose Island, or Rose Peninsula. ;D *You should be able to get one up to 2 lbs.

Thanks for being generous with the info Steve, but unfortunately the wife came down with the flu last night which prevented from from going out this morning. :( *:'(

Michael

stonesfan
12-14-2008, 08:40 AM
Michael, the flu, not a problem, just tell your wife a good ole
fashion Trout Dinner is the best thing for curing the FLU..... ::)

Woody
12-14-2008, 09:15 AM
Stonesfan atleast he didn't use the old I have to put up Christmas decorations excuse ;D ;D ;D ;) ;D

I guess I better go put fish on the smoker now.

Woody

HOOF
12-14-2008, 10:05 AM
Good to see some trout gotten out of there-looks like I need to make my annual bank pilgramage.

steveo79
12-14-2008, 11:41 AM
Was out there this morning, man, it was chilly. Only a few others out, including a guy in a float tube. Same story as before. Got Fridays batch on the smoker....

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z100/skhardwoods/NewMelones/SmokingTrout.jpg

Hurry up and smoke.....I'm hungry ;)

stonesfan
12-14-2008, 12:03 PM
Steveo, between you and Woody Smoking all that Trout, it's making
me very jealous! I'm stuck here at home watching my poor Team
trying to keep pace with all the other one's for the playoffs.

Next thing you know, I'll have to order a Pizza to go.......... [smiley=suesscat.gif]