PDA

View Full Version : Perc Ponds

basstracker85
12-09-2008, 06:12 PM
man so i never fished this place before... but hey for what i paid to fish there it was great. well heres the story.

6:30 am we roll over to a buddies house to hit stevens creek.. not my idea his...
6:35 am he decides he has a hang over and will not come outside and face me like a man lol
7:00 am we arrive at the big thermometer lol.... water was really really low. decided to fish a lil early even tho it doesnt open untill 8 am.
first cast and the park ranger drives up lol...OOOPs. the guy was cool tho and referred us to fish for bass on an island in the middle of the lake that is accessable from shore because it was not going to get stocked for trout. well sure nuff we find the island.. got a few bumps on suspending jerkbait no takers tho. so carolina rig a plastic and trough it out one bite but nothing. extremely P.O'd and a few cuss words later we realize this had to be the biggest waste o' time ever... after all we came to the place for trout. off to quarry we start thinking instead we end up at the PERCS lol. funniest day ever. so we go the "secret spot" so secret the trout dont even know about it ;D. i get my bobber pulled down on a night crawler and instead of setting the hook i watch my cell phone fall into the lake. :'(.... missed fish. bout 2 hours later i decide to go on patrol and see who has fish. right then a guy has the nerve to ask us if we had a spare stringer for his trout wtf.. i told him i would trade my stringer for his fish but that didnt pan out. well needless to say we ended fishing next to the guy and i hook up with my first perc planter lil 1lber. lil guy tried to take my pole in the lake. then my buddy some old man casts out right were i just hooked up as im rebaiting. OOOH YEAH! i love these games!!! i cast in the same spot. well he gets bit first but he misses the fish. 2 minutes later i hook up again. and i yelled to him "HEY I THINK THIS IS THE ONE U MISSED!!!" 10 minutes go buy and i miss one but we had to pack up. i threw the biggest rock i could find in the water where i was fishing at as we left too ;D. outside of the fisherman fight i think i found a sweet spot. ill post pics in a minute of my two dinks.

my official report.... PERC PONDS.. pretty hot right now

pm for bait info

Gear.Ultra.Lite
12-10-2008, 07:05 AM
Sounds like you were in a war zone... haha.. Been there and never again.

-- Gear Ultra Lite

seasquirt
12-10-2008, 09:44 PM
I guess you didn't know a rock thrown into the water attracts a planter trout. They want to see what the commotion is about, and investigate.

xxxxxx
12-11-2008, 08:15 AM
So if I read this right you were mad because someone did the same thing you did which is fish close to someone else who was having success?????????? Looking for a angler catching fish and setting up shop next to them is never a good idea imo.

Reel Fun

MontanaN8V
12-11-2008, 09:10 AM
I agree, it is one thing to find out what somebody is using to catch, but to fish right next to him, not too cool. I have to ask, why did you chuck a rock out there? I would have beat my kid's butts for that.

xxxxxx
12-11-2008, 09:21 AM
And you did not FIND a SWEET SPOT you HIGHJACKED IT and then got mad when somebody tried to highjack it from you! Somebody once said " Do unto others as you would have them do unto to you"

Reel Fun

tejedarichard
12-11-2008, 09:29 AM
Hey thanks for the report. I'll be there this weekend with my 2 year old and 7 year old. It gets extremely packed like shoulder to shoulder for some 1 - 1 1/2 pounders. Expect it to be even worse now that they are stopping the stocking 4 of 8 lakes in Santa Clara County. They'll give my boys a fight with there tiny poles.

Blktailhunter
12-11-2008, 01:01 PM
i decide to go on patrol and see who has fish. right then a guy has the nerve to ask us if we had a spare stringer for his trout wtf.. i told him i would trade my stringer for his fish but that didnt pan out. well needless to say we ended fishing next to the guy and i hook up with my first perc planter lil 1lber. lil guy tried to take my pole in the lake. then my buddy some old man casts out right were i just hooked up as im rebaiting. OOOH YEAH! i love these games!!! i cast in the same spot. well he gets bit first but he misses the fish. 2 minutes later i hook up again. and i yelled to him "HEY I THINK THIS IS THE ONE U MISSED!!!" 10 minutes go buy and i miss one but we had to pack up. i threw the biggest rock i could find in the water where i was fishing at as we left too

So let me get this right. You see a guy who is catching fish and set up next to him, and then you get mad when a guy does the same to you. When you leave you throw a rock into the spot to try and ruin it for those that are staying. Somebody needs to grow up.

basstracker85
12-13-2008, 03:34 PM
i decide to go on patrol and see who has fish. right then a guy has the nerve to ask us if we had a spare stringer for his trout wtf.. i told him i would trade my stringer for his fish but that didnt pan out. well needless to say we ended fishing next to the guy and i hook up with my first perc planter lil 1lber. lil guy tried to take my pole in the lake. then my buddy some old man casts out right were i just hooked up as im rebaiting. OOOH YEAH! i love these games!!! i cast in the same spot. well he gets bit first but he misses the fish. 2 minutes later i hook up again. and i yelled to him "HEY I THINK THIS IS THE ONE U MISSED!!!" 10 minutes go buy and i miss one but we had to pack up. i threw the biggest rock i could find in the water where i was fishing at as we left too *

So let me get this right. *You see a guy who is catching fish and set up next to him, and then you get mad when a guy does the same to you. *When you leave you throw a rock into the spot to try and ruin it for those that are staying. *Somebody needs to grow up.

i see we have a misunderstanding. must be the way i wrote up the post. ok so the guy that i seen catch a fish and ask for the stringer that we helped out said it was cool if we went over there. when we got over there the bank was packed. we walked down a good 30 yards left of him and found an opening between these two old guys. now if you been there you would know its like getting a drink at tres gringos downtown fishing there. u gotta be in tight like that. the two old guys didnt have crap when we pulled up. and we asked to fish in between they said it was cool. i start pullin out fish and all the sudden they start castin over my line. so u can suck my sack if u think i was immature. how bout u fish the lake and then tell me if what i did was wrong.

basstracker85
12-13-2008, 03:43 PM
I guess you didn't know a rock thrown into the water attracts a planter trout. *They want to see what the commotion is about, and investigate.
no i didnt know that. guess it might backfired then. ;D

Reel Fun.. how can i highjack a spot where no one around me had fish buddy? and no one was catching fish but me. and when that old guy casted in my spot over my line was the only time he got hit. when i first pulled up and talked to him he said he been there since 9 am and was 2 in the afternoon. some sweet spot huh?

i admit i tend to bash a lil on here as much as the next guy. but at least ask me to clarify something if it sounds as if i don't have respect for other fisherman. the way i learned how to catch trout was from someone i met at a lake. so that same respect would have to be given, but u cross my line to throw in the hole i found? that aint right bro... no matter how cut it

xxxxxx
12-13-2008, 03:51 PM
STILL WRONG MY FRIEND only worse now because you said the old guys were there before you and you asked them if you could fish close to them and then you got mad when they started casting over you. Maybe they cant cast that well but unless you get to a spot early (first) then you cant complain about what somebody else does after the fact. Throwing a rock in the water just makes you a punk not a fisherman who repsects others probally was the fact it was a couple of blue hairs that made you get frisky with the rock!!!!!!

basstracker85
12-13-2008, 04:03 PM
lol dude are u serious? dont ever call me out of my name. you know what its not even worth it. pm me or somethin ill show how much of a punk i am ;D. any ways.... heres a sink pic of the trout because i didnt bring my camera to the lake http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b178/out2makemillz/111008210303.jpg

troutfan
12-13-2008, 04:21 PM
Combat fishing-Oh joy! This thread is locked.