PDA

View Full Version : Boca Reservoir 12/6: 1 Brown and 19 rainbows

iammikey
12-07-2008, 02:29 PM
Fished Boca on 12/7 from 9:30 AM to sundown at various places around the lake. *We ended up with 19 rainbows and 1 brown for 6 fisherman. My son seems to have his luck with Browns as the sun goes down. 14 of these fish were caught just as the sun was going down (after 4:30PM). * Most popular bait was nightcrawler with marshmallow. *Powerbait only fetched us 3 fish this time. *It appears the bite in the day time for us has slowed way down.

The kids outfished the adults this time. *Mother-in-law got skunked, Father-in-law claimed only 2 but lost at least 5, 3 limits for my 3 kids, and I ended up with 3 after losing 3.

I didn't notice too many people on the lake this Saturday. *I went to the shop just past the 80 overpass and the man in the shop told me of several trout over 10lbs taken earlier in the day (wasn't sure if he meant river or reservoir). *He reported a few trout over 33 inches taken on flies in the river.

It was a kind of a neat day for my kids since we saw some guy land his plane and then take off from the lake.

I'll post pics later tonight.

Troutoholic
12-07-2008, 02:56 PM
Way to go Mikey. Nice job, my good friend just moved to truckee and has been fishin Boca Prosser and Donner but isnt having to much luck. Im still tryin to help him out from down here any extra info would be great. Nice work and cant wait to see those pics - tight lines, TK

iammikey
12-07-2008, 05:18 PM
Here are 2 pics. *

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l34/zurcekim/Fishing/IMG_3752.jpg

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l34/zurcekim/Fishing/IMG_3818.jpg

TK, I usually fish on the East side of the lake. *I've had my luck as the sun goes down. *Rumorville has it that the Brown are active as the sun goes down in that lake. *We use 4lb test with 2lb leaders and size 8 baitholder hooks on a 2 feet leader. You don't have to cast further than 20 feet to get fish there. If you cast further, then make you leader longer than 3 feet. The larger trout I have been cleaning over the past few weeks have had crawfish in their bellies. *

danlbee
12-07-2008, 05:32 PM
Nice pics. chrildren must be havin a blast. :) Boca and stampead is on the no plant list for next year :( >:( I think we will give lake tahoe a shot :-/

FisherForLife
12-07-2008, 05:36 PM
Dam i'm jealous. I was supposed to go out there that morning, and my friend canceled and i ended up not going, although i did do some striper trolling that evening for the first time ever for quite a few keepers :D. Congrats on the brown, looks like a killer. I've never fished nightcrawlers with marshmallows, although i've heard its really effective.

Troutoholic
12-09-2008, 12:28 PM
Great pics, thanks again Mikey and hope to see you out there sometime. Also how late does everyone fish in the year out there? cause i might be heading up a couple times between now and end of january- Tight lines, TK

fishingfan
12-09-2008, 04:18 PM
sounds like you had fun with the family. thanks for the report! :)

foresthill_fishin
12-09-2008, 06:19 PM
Awsome report we love to see the little ones fishin! [smiley=cheerleader.gif]

<(((><_-_-_----------

Joel