PDA

View Full Version : Collins Lake

sean_mcguire
12-02-2008, 10:52 PM
went camping at Collins lake from Wednesday til Sunday.
every day i fished that lake and got nothing. :-/
it was horrible.
i tried different types of power bait and none of them worked. >:( >:(
well finall on saturday my friends dad droped us off at an little island that i seen out there on the boat he rented.
so i decided to go for some bass since the trout sucked there, but my friend was still fishing for some trout. :-?
well he casted out and n0 lie right when it hit the water he said " i got a bite, i got a bite". at first i didnt believe him then i seen the fish jump. ;)
well he brought it in and we weighed it and it was 1 1/2 pound rainbow. about 13 to 14 inches. :D :D :D
well i thought that time of fishing was the worst i have ever had. :(

well at lease the camping was fun :P

Berryessa Kid
12-03-2008, 05:55 AM
C@fish, sorry about the blank :-/ At least you had a good time camping!!! Sounds like the Trout have not started at Collins yet??? Thanks for the post and info.... We camp and fish there as well :) Pretty good Crappie in there too. Way to put in the time and keep on fishin! Your due now ;) Steve.

danlbee
12-04-2008, 10:33 AM
I agree, we had about the same luck at collins nothing, nada. :( The camping or just getting out for day to drop a line more than makes up for it. Better luck next time :)

fool4fish
12-04-2008, 05:38 PM
what were you guys using for bait?? sometimes having the right flavor power bait makes all the difference. once while fishing pardee me and my son lou were using the orange colored PB and could not catch anything. then a couple of guys set up about 50 feet from us and started to catch fish right away! sent my son over to see what kind of bait they had on. he came back and told me that there PB was like a rainbow color. ahh! they were using the rainbow colored PB. Since i did not have rainbow flavor, but did have a variety of different flavors, i just took a little from each bottle, mixed them up, commenced using this new flavor, and low and behold we started catching fish almost immediately! imagine that. next time have a variety of flavors on hand cause you just dont know when it will make a difference. live and learn.