PDA

View Full Version : Spring  Pyramid Fest

chicofishrmen
12-02-2008, 09:33 PM
Not a moderator post, but a member post .

Yeah I know it's 6 months away, but I'd like to get everyone's input as to dates. This is not any tournament or special event just a gathering of folks that like to fish for Pyramid Cutts! And before anyone chimes in, yes I know it's way to soon, but given the miserable state of DF&G here in CA. I need something to look forward to! Heck, I had a great time last October, 3 days on the beach BS'ing with friends was one of the best fests ever, IMHO!

And yes, I'll take the blame if the fishing is bad, but I'll get credit for the great company! http://www.fishsniffer.com/forumsyabb2008/Templates/Forum/default/tongue.gif http://www.fishsniffer.com/forumsyabb2008/Templates/Forum/default/grin.gif

Martinez Frank
12-02-2008, 09:49 PM
Chico, I am in whatever dates we choose. Atta boy getting it going early ;)

johnbfishin
12-02-2008, 09:55 PM
Pyramid....redemption...spring.....I'm in.

Topaz_Tom
12-02-2008, 09:58 PM
Chico are you gonna do a poll??, I vote April 3,4 & 5th. And yes this is too early to be talking about it, but here I am chiming in. :D I have plans the second weekend in April, actually that Sunday, we just wouldn't be able to stay for the potluck. So I guess what I'm saying is any weekend would work, we'll be there no matter what. :D ::) :) ;)

Prowler
12-02-2008, 10:20 PM
Okay, I saw the headline for this post so I ran out and bought 5 cases of beer and a new sand-proof tent. Now I come to find out I have to wait half a year. Oh well, such is my life...sigh...I'm in for whatever date just as long as there is no more teasing :-/

Ugbomb
12-02-2008, 10:25 PM
Wow....... I know nothing of Pyramid....... :(

cuhogn
12-03-2008, 06:08 AM
April 25th and 26th, right after the new moon.

drstressor
12-03-2008, 06:53 AM
It's best to pick the week before the new moon or the week before the full moon. But fishing is generally good anytime in April if the weather cooperates. Check for tournaments though. They could turn the beach and ramp into even more of a zoo than it usually is in the spring.

We'll likely make a fest in April. Will there be prizes for the longest distance traveled? ;D

Martinez Frank
12-03-2008, 07:06 AM
Doc, I wil have a bottle of too-kill-ya for you just for making the trip :D

SuperDave
12-03-2008, 07:14 AM
Check for tournaments though.

That's the primary factor. I think there are a couple standing tournaments in April and it would be nice to beat them as to get there before the fish have had all the pressure. This is a case where I'd trump the moon as a scheduling key.

freon
12-03-2008, 07:14 AM

I concur, this would be a great weekend. the amadorfest will be the last weekend in March, so this would rock. Just my two cents worth.
Personally, I like to schedule well in advance if possible in order to make reservations if needed.

Doc, I can assist with the too kill ya as well, if that will get you and Eileen out here *;)

Captain Compassion
12-03-2008, 07:32 AM

That's the opening of general trout season in California. Such as it is. ::)

CC

Farrier_Frank
12-03-2008, 07:41 AM
Good idea planning way ahead for the spring fest, it's usually a big one. The weekend of the 10th thru the end of April works for me.

Mackattack
12-03-2008, 07:58 AM
I'm in. Please pick the dates before Feb. so I can schedule with work. I wont be dragging Diggers wood up but will bring enough for one good fire.

Mackattack

Mickey_Thomas
12-03-2008, 08:05 AM
Forget about the moon, let's find out when the Tounaments are and schedule the fest, before, between, or after the tournaments ;) Chico, you're killing me, ::) A half a year away :-/ Don't you have a life? :P

buzzbait
12-03-2008, 08:08 AM
Man, my boat would look so funny next to all of yours. :-/

SuperDave
12-03-2008, 08:11 AM
Man, my boat would look so funny next to all of yours. * :-/

In April, small boats rule for shallow, shoreline fishing.

CHICKFISHING58
12-03-2008, 08:38 AM
Hey Chico,
Sometimes I just want to throw you off the dock for real >:(

It has always been the second weekend in April partly because of Kenís birthday so we kept it that way so all I have to say is you guys decide what you want to do because I will be out there no matter what. ;)

Chico as far as Iím concern this fest is your baby you run with it. Itís kind of funny you fish it maybe twice a year ;D I hope this time the pot luck works out the right way :-/

johnbfishin
12-03-2008, 08:45 AM
I'll have plenty of wood, I might opt to leave the boat home and just haul wood to get rid of the stuff. I have a splitter coming today so it should be ready to burn by then.
http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/7817/woodcy2.jpg

Mickey_Thomas
12-03-2008, 08:50 AM
Hey Chico,
Sometimes I just want to throw you off the dock for real >:(
See what you did Chico, you stepped on someone's toes ::) It has always been the second weekend in April, but it doesn't have to be, Don't think Ken would mind changing it, he'll still be in our thoughts ;) Have at it Chico, it's your baby now ;D ;D ;D

CHICKFISHING58
12-03-2008, 08:58 AM
Mickey,
I dont think it should be up to just one person since I cant do it [smiley=roadblock.gif] [smiley=rotfl2.gif] :-*

So I say the poll should be done that way everyone gets a say :D