PDA

View Full Version : Fishing at upper Twin Lake

jannwells
11-03-2008, 05:15 PM
I am hiking into the upper Twin Lake this weekend and was wondering if anyone has fished this lake and could tell me what works well there.
[smiley=swimmingfish.gif]
I've read about a couple "Twin Lakes" , theses are about 15 miles
above Huntington Lake in Fresno County, in the Keiser Wilderness.
By the way, I am a catch and release fisherman.

Thanks in advance for your advice, [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Jann

Snowtrout
11-04-2008, 10:35 AM
Never been there but I have heard there are lots of dink rainbows and brooks in there.

You might want to be prepared for snow. There is snow on the ground right now around that area and there is a chance of snow Sat night.

BuckSnort
11-04-2008, 10:51 AM
Take a few panther martins and some smaller rooster tails with ya. I have never fished those lake specificaly but I have fished alot of lakes around there and in the higher elevations. I also like to use 2lb test for high country lakes so I can cast those small spinners farther.

As far as colors I like the black w/yellow spots on the panther martin and for the rooster tail I like solid black w/ chrome blade..

jannwells
11-04-2008, 05:30 PM
Thanks Bucksnort, I have the 2lb test, 1 small black Rooster Tail, no Panther Martins. But I love a reason to go buy more fishing tackle, *[smiley=banana.gif]black w/ yellow spots....Got it!

byron_s,
I saw about a dozen Bows and what looked like Brookies the last time I was there about a month ago. They looked to be between 8" and 12".
No lunkers but that's okay. My wife and I love this hike, (7 miles round trip) and to catch a couple fish would just be the icing on the cake.
I am watching the weather closely. *[smiley=cold.gif]

Thanks again,

jannwells
11-09-2008, 10:20 AM
Well,,, I was hoping to have a report and pics for you all, but we did'nt make it all the way in. We had some folks in tennis shoes with us and with the snow on the ground I was worried about thier feet.

Because I was leading this hike I could'nt just send them back and continue on myself. Oh well, better safe than sorry.
Maybe next time. :-/
Bf

jannwells
11-09-2008, 10:22 AM
Oh!! I do need to add..... the scenery was absolutely beautiful!!!!! :)

iron-man
11-09-2008, 08:10 PM
BF18, I used to do alot of high country backpacking and fishing of those lakes along the way. My favorite lures were a small black roostertail, a silver cyclone with red spots on it, a gold cyclone with red spot (those are spoons) and a fairly large daredevil (red and white) that had a double hook instead of a treble. On one trip with 3 of us fishing one day we caught 30 fish, the black roostertail accounted for 29 of them. :D IM