PDA

View Full Version : Official October Amador thread

Pages : [1] 2

Trout_Terminator
09-29-2008, 07:31 PM
When we gonna put one up, because they are supposed to start planting this week, or next. Oh, and if they do plant this week, who is going to "hit up" the opener? I just might (cause i have nothing better to do ::)).

-TT

fishpeddler1
09-29-2008, 07:35 PM
Has Bob committed to a date yet? or are they dependent on water temp?

Trout_Terminator
09-29-2008, 07:36 PM
Has Bob committed to a date yet? or are they dependent on water temp?

i don't know yet, but i plan on calling them tomorrow and asking. He more than likely will stick w/ a water temp, because if it is to hot, the fish just die, and then they are just waisted. But i am not sure, hopefully someone who does know will chime in.

-TT

RonM
09-30-2008, 08:31 AM
To soon to put one up right now, when the action starts up and we see a lot more posts with results.

Trout_Terminator
09-30-2008, 09:45 PM
Just got all of my gear togeather, wating for the go signal!

fishingfan
10-01-2008, 06:25 PM
I'm going to be there anyways this weekend! Trout or no trout. I'm target'n em good ol crappies! *;D :D ;)

Maybe I'll cast out some powerbait on one rod just in case... ::)

Trout_Terminator
10-01-2008, 10:19 PM
Post up how you do, and if you can, ask them when they plan on planting, the lady that i talked to wasent sure :( (said when we get rain, the said in like two weeks, so who knows).

-TT

fat_fish
10-01-2008, 10:23 PM
do they sell a annual pass there for parking and fishing and launching? will call in morn.

ff

Trout_Terminator
10-01-2008, 10:40 PM
do they sell a annual pass there for parking and fishing and launching? *will call in morn.

ff

no, you have to pay every time you go, but if you bring 10 friends you get 1$ off *::). I asked about it awhile ago, and they don't, it doesn't make sense for business, if someone goes up every weekend, they make bank, if they give them like after you fish 10 times, it pays for itself, they will loose cash (at least in my case *:D). Prices are still the same:
$9.00 Day use (1 vehicle, 2 people, additional persons are $1.00)
$8.00 Per angler
$7.00 For boat use
So basically its 20 bucks to fish the bank, and 25 to fish from a boat (don't know if they charge more for boat, haven't fished by boat for awhile now, and those number are rounded of course). Also word has it that they are planting the Donaldson trout this year (last year wasent i dont think), so thats a bonus 8-)
-TT

Trout_Terminator
10-02-2008, 12:02 AM
Good news boys and girls!
Overnight
Mostly
Cloudy
Lo 60F

Thursday
Partly
Sunny
Hi 81F

Thursday Night
Mostly
Cloudy
Lo 54F

Friday
Chance
Rain (30%)
Hi 72F

Friday Night
Rain (70%)
Likely
Lo 55F

Saturday
Chance
Rain (50%)
Hi 68F

Saturday Night
Mostly
Cloudy
Lo 50F

Sunday
Mostly
Sunny
Hi 73F

Sunday Night
Mostly
Clear
Lo 48F

Looks like putting on the rain suit worked *(*knocks on wood*)! Weather is cooling down, and also will start raining, which is good, because that means that they start planting sooner, which means i get to go fishing sooner :D ;D.

-TT

cowboyfisher21
10-02-2008, 01:04 AM
Rain on the way gentlemen! let it poor baby!!!! [smiley=yahoo.gif] [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=bananatiedie.gif] [smiley=bananasplits.gif] [smiley=appledancing.gif] [smiley=bananachaga.gif] [smiley=banana2.gif] ill be up there after the second plant!

white_cap
10-02-2008, 06:56 AM
Cant wait, I most likely wont make there until around the first of November. I will have to make a couple trips to del valle just to get every thing tuned up

Trout_Terminator
10-02-2008, 02:42 PM
Bowmasta and myself are planning on hitting up the opener, we got any other souls that plan to be up there?

FISHNJIM
10-02-2008, 07:38 PM
Anymore info on the stock of trout that are going into the lake this year. I hear it could be one of the best years in a while...

FISHNJIM

fat_fish
10-02-2008, 08:12 PM
lookin forward to opening weekend...oct may be the only month i fish this expensive lake.

ff

Trout_Terminator
10-02-2008, 08:44 PM
No it is still up in the air for the type.

brownblazin
10-02-2008, 10:08 PM
I found an article written by Dan Bacher on April 15, 2008 about Lake Amador's Unique Strain of Hard-Fighting Trout. Here is a small section of that article for those of you who are wondering what type of fish Amador will be planting.

"The fish being planted from our hatchery are a rainbow/steelhead cross grown from eggs that we receive from Aqua seed in Washington State, said Bruce Lockhart at Lake Amador Resort. Up until four years ago we were putting steelhead/cutthroat/rainbow hybrid trout cuttbows - into the lake. We will be planting the lake with this strain of fish again starting next winter.

bowmasta
10-02-2008, 10:23 PM
I found an article written by Dan Bacher on April 15, 2008 about Lake Amador's Unique Strain of Hard-Fighting Trout. Here is a small section of that article for those of you who are wondering what type of fish Amador will be planting.

"The fish being planted from our hatchery are a rainbow/steelhead cross grown from eggs that we receive from Aqua seed in Washington State, said Bruce Lockhart at Lake Amador Resort. Up until four years ago we were putting steelhead/cutthroat/rainbow hybrid trout cuttbows - into the lake. We will be planting the lake with this strain of fish again starting next winter.

Yes they are going back to the old strain, which mean's bigger fish *:D.. hopefully a brood stock to. *Im going to try a scout trip banking with TT opening day or the day after the first stock. *Not expecting much, but it would be nice to land a few of those torpedo trout *8-)

-Steve

camotracker
10-03-2008, 08:08 AM
the fish are going to be a in a tight school for a little bit. but it's going to be a good couple of weeks before the fish start spreading out. can't wait though. the action is going to be hot and furious.

CAMOTRACKER"

jiggity49
10-03-2008, 09:18 AM
the fish are going to be a in a tight school for a little bit. but it's going to be a good couple of weeks before the fish start spreading out. can't wait though. the action is going to be hot and furious.

CAMOTRACKER"
Tight schools = good for bankies

camotracker
10-03-2008, 09:40 AM
good for bankies but not good for trollers

Trout_Terminator
10-03-2008, 03:45 PM
Rumors are true, they are planting the Donaldson's this year (last year as a less aggressive strain). Called them up today as well and they are "planning" on planting in two weeks. Hopefully it rains cats and dogs up there so that we can get the lake a little bit cooler!

-TT

EddieTee
10-03-2008, 07:10 PM
I Love the Donaldson"s!! :) :)

white_cap
10-03-2008, 08:04 PM
NOW YOUVE GOT ME REAL EXCITED !! I thought the fish I caught last year, ( in March ) were the Donaldson trout, and you say they are more aggressive and larger also. OH BABY !!!!!!
[smiley=excited.gif] [smiley=excited.gif] [smiley=excited.gif] [smiley=excited.gif] [smiley=excited.gif]

jiggity49
10-05-2008, 09:39 AM
Like I told you white cap, if you thought you had fun last year, just wait, last year was a pretty down year ;)

Trout_Terminator
10-05-2008, 01:24 PM
They say they are taking temperatures tomarrow, and then they will know for sure (might start planting next week).

-TT

SHigSpeed
10-05-2008, 02:28 PM
So is there a known "drop zone"?

I've never fished Amador, so is there any good tube/'toon fishing?

_SHig

Trout_Terminator
10-05-2008, 03:02 PM

_SHig

The lake is at a 25 percent decline per 2.1" (math might be a little off). So basically it is pretty steep ( i don't know if it keeps to that, or if it does drop).

-TT

SHigSpeed
10-05-2008, 03:37 PM

_SHig

_SHig

The lake is at a 25 percent decline per 2.1" (math might be a little off). So basically it is pretty steep ( i don't know if it keeps to that, or if it does drop).

-TT

I think you misunderstood... Drop zone for the new fish to the area! :)

Trout_Terminator
10-05-2008, 04:51 PM
Oh, they plant in the boat launch cove. you arent allowed to fish there 8-) (yet some people still do).

YakMotor
10-05-2008, 05:29 PM
_SHig - Amador is FANTASTIC when it's full of water and hard fighting trout. *Unfortunately the water level is way low again this year so it's going to take a lot of rain to bring it back up to where I can shoot wild flowers and wildlife from my kayak come Spring.
http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/3212/Wildpoppies475w.jpg
http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/8270/Egretwfish475w.jpg

Ama-bows (my term) are raised BIG in the hatchery just below the dam. *When the water is cool enough they usually stay on the surface and hit lures vigorously. *Three and four jump runs are not uncommon and neither are limits when you get it dialed-in. *At Amador trout are measured in pounds not inches. *Four pounds I'd say is average but they go up to eight and sometimes beyond.

I usually record my track on the GPS so that's what you see along with some waypoints I've set. *I live in the RV Park above the ramp. *Maui_Mark and I occasionally team-up in the yaks to take 'em on.
http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/7919/Amador4-20-07GE.jpg
http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6097/Maui_Mark0125475w.jpg

bassmanben
10-06-2008, 10:24 AM
do they charge folks in kayaks the same as those in boats? how much is a float tube? I remember it being $3.

Trout_Terminator
10-06-2008, 01:19 PM
Yea, they charge 3 bucks for tubes and yaks.

SHigSpeed
10-06-2008, 03:00 PM
Yea, they charge 3 bucks for tubes and yaks.
$3 extra above day use, or $3 total?

If extra, what's day use?

_SHig

Trout_Terminator
10-06-2008, 06:02 PM
You pay as if you are a bank fisherman, so it is 17 dollars, PLUS 3 dollars for the craft.

CraigV
10-07-2008, 03:39 PM
We are planning our first trip to our beloved Amador in November, before thanksgiving maybe. so looking foward to the old strain.. i love them. best trout in the world.... ive missed them the last few seasons, just hasnt been the same,but im looking forward to this season and more trips than the last two years.

Woody
10-07-2008, 04:32 PM
Question for the regulars with the new strain of trout will you still be fishing with grubs or will that all change.

Woody

Trout_Terminator
10-07-2008, 04:39 PM
Question for the regulars with the new strain of trout will you still be fishing with grubs or will that all change.

Woody

All depends bud. Most likely they will start off with them (why change something that works?), and if they find something better it will stay hush hush for a couple of months, then someone will figure it out and it will be like the grubs. But with these new fish we don't know if they have the same taste as the older strain, so for all we know them might not even like grubs. Another member and myself have a strategy planned out and are planning to execute it the day after the first plant, so until then everything is a mystery...

-TT

bowmasta
10-07-2008, 07:16 PM

Woody

Good question Woody, honestly I have trolled Amador the last 4 years.. and I have all the grub colors down. We'll see if it changes or not, im hoping they still love my pearl grub ;)

hunkfisher
10-07-2008, 11:42 PM
I think the grubs will stay on top as best producer but remember Rapalas kicked but a few years back, my arsenal wont change from my tube and bank, roe, worms, white power eggs, woolly buggers and scuds and my favorite lure best besides a dry fly.......white jigs! You boaters figure it out for me in the first few weeks ill have it down for my first trip in late November through your trial and errors :D :D ;D ;D,
Hey Yak hows the weather in Ione we got a lot of rain here in Arcata, you all get some???
Good Luck boys its almost time!

Brad "Hunkfisher"

[smiley=swimmingfish.gif]

cowboyfisher21
10-08-2008, 09:39 AM
Hey bro you need to get down here so we can go slay these fish on the mini jigs! Thanksgiving is right around the corner so dnt worry man youll be here soon enough! ;) Your welcome to jump on the boat if you want man! 8-)

superT
10-08-2008, 04:31 PM
Well I can guarantee that the lure thing will change. Why? Because so many of us had the grub thing figured out. Me especially. So now we start from ground zero just when I felt I really had Amador figured out. And a tackle box full of grubs. Oh well that's fishing, adapt or go home fishless.

BIG_ONE
10-08-2008, 07:54 PM
kastmaster will work anywhere! ;D :D

Trout_Terminator
10-08-2008, 07:56 PM
kastmaster will work anywhere! *;D :D

i have actually never caught an amabow off of a kastmaster, but thats probably just me :o

Denny1969
10-09-2008, 10:47 AM

So will a Wooley Bugger!

bowmasta
10-09-2008, 10:56 AM

So will a Wooley Bugger!

Your exactly right espically for those fly fisherman. The first time I ever fished Amador was about 5 years ago, which was the old strain. At the time trout were jumping everywhere, litterally a few times almost in our boat ;D . I remember that day no one caught anything except a fly fisherman using green and black wooley bugger's. May have to give it a try this year 8-)

ifish4fun
10-09-2008, 11:17 AM
my experience with the fish, you may not need to troll deep at all. keep it light and on top. I think grubs will do great there again this year. You may need to change the color & scents you use, until you find out what they like. It won't take long to find out what is hot on this board. Some people like to keep secrets but most people will share what they were using and where they were fishing. That is what this board is for to help each other out. There is enough fish to go around. Hope to see all of you out on the water.

STRIPER_STEVE
10-09-2008, 11:37 AM
;D ;D ;D I dint relize the strain of trout changed as I only started fishing Amador a few years ago. The fish were huge the first year I fished it. I didnt get limits as often but they were huge. I thought they were just planting quantity not quality the last couple years.
If the fish stay in the top 5 feet as they have in the past I think all the standard Amador offering should produce.
I also have a tackle box full of grubs, rapalas, PB (last resort), Wooly buggers,

Captain Compassion
10-09-2008, 12:21 PM
I Love the Donaldson"s!! :) :)

Donaldson's can be brutes. 8-)

http://www.graywave.org/sniffer/100408-17.jpg

YakMotor
10-09-2008, 03:22 PM
There is a lot of wear 'n tear on tail fin of that "football" CC! Is it from Amador? Classic reel you got there! (Need any spare parts? I've got 'em)

Small Kastmasters have worked fine for me at Amador and it's the lure I'll put on the second rod if I want to go a little deeper than the Power grub or wooly bugger that's on the number one rod. You can troll wooly buggers too. They hit 'em hard at Amador on a fly or trolling rod.

Captain Compassion
10-09-2008, 04:13 PM
Yak. The trout is a 7 1/2 pound Donaldson fromn the W. Carson River. I caught it last Friday. It is from a private Hatchery in Susanville. These are the same trout that go into Almanor. She was a tough old lady and she tore up my Mitchell. Actually stripped up the main geer. Fortunately I have another slightly used 300 that's been it storage for over 15 years.:) I too am fond of the KM but truth be told I've been having success with jigs as of late.

CC

freon
10-09-2008, 04:39 PM
The grubs will work as the hot ticket, been fishing there for a very long time and they worked great in the old days (since they have been on the market) and the new days. The reason I started using grubs was because I had trout hit power worms, the big ones for bass and found that if I broke the rubber worms in half, I would get more fish. As for kastmasters, they only work if your casting, at least in my boat as I troll very slow and they will snag bottom in twenty feet of water. If you are trolling fast though, you will probably get a fish or ten ;)
Rapalas are always a good choice with almost any trout.

EddieTee
10-09-2008, 05:10 PM
Captain Compassion: Now that's what I'm talking about!! The Donaldson's rule!! Nice catch Captain!!!
Eddie Tee :) :)

EddieTee
10-09-2008, 05:14 PM
Can someone show me what the set up is for grubs is for Amador?
Thanks
Eddie Tee :)

Trout_Terminator
10-09-2008, 05:21 PM
look in the tips selection. Its in there, that or use the search bar.

cowboyfisher21
10-09-2008, 05:25 PM
I forget what sniffer it is, but someone has a picture on the way the grubs are rigged i can tell you though without a pic. Basically you can use 2 or 3 inch grubs. some guys on the board use Seps Pro grubs and some use Berkely Grubs. Use a # 1 or 2 worm hook. Make sure that the tail of the grub matches the end of the hook. basically make sure the tail curves the same way the end of the hook does. Trust me this will drastically improve bites if you do this. Some sniffers like to add a different color Berkely Power Egg at the eye of the hook. I use only the grub and No power egg. It is more about color. somedays they like the pearl/white/ and somedays they like firetiger/rootbeer, etc.... Try them with the Power Egg and without and see how you do. Make sure you have enough line out the back of the boat when it is busy on the lake. anything else just pm me ;)

bowmasta
10-09-2008, 06:28 PM
Troll slow, use multiple colors.. you'll get the hang of it :)

cowboyfisher21
10-09-2008, 07:22 PM
you could always try mini jigs eddie. I swear by em.

cowboyfisher21
10-09-2008, 07:26 PM
Good point freon! All i really take when i go to Amador is Rapalla's and grubs! cant leave home without em! ;)

RonM
10-09-2008, 07:49 PM
Look at the top of the Trout board in the FAQ thread, there's a link to what you are asking.

Denny1969
10-09-2008, 07:49 PM

So will a Wooley Bugger!

*Your exactly right espically for those fly fisherman. *The first time I ever fished Amador was about 5 years ago, which was the old strain. *At the time trout were jumping everywhere, litterally a few times almost in our boat *;D . *I remember that day no one caught anything except a fly fisherman using green and black wooley bugger's. *May have to give it a try this year *8-)

Bowmasta,
If you want to use a fly rod on Amador, more power to you! But in reality, you can trail a Wooley Bugger about 6 feet behind a clear bobber and have success.

Denny

Trout_Terminator
10-09-2008, 08:00 PM

So will a Wooley Bugger!

*Your exactly right espically for those fly fisherman. *The first time I ever fished Amador was about 5 years ago, which was the old strain. *At the time trout were jumping everywhere, litterally a few times almost in our boat *;D . *I remember that day no one caught anything except a fly fisherman using green and black wooley bugger's. *May have to give it a try this year *8-)

Bowmasta,
If you want to use a fly rod on Amador, more power to you! *But in reality, you can trail a Wooley Bugger about 6 feet behind a clear bobber and have success.

Denny

True, but with a fly rod it is much more fun ;)

jiggity49
10-10-2008, 08:15 AM
I've caught plenty on the kastmaster ;)

bowmasta
10-10-2008, 10:06 AM

So will a Wooley Bugger!

Bowmasta,
If you want to use a fly rod on Amador, more power to you! *But in reality, you can trail a Wooley Bugger about 6 feet behind a clear bobber and have success.

Denny

*Hey Denny, I actually don't own a fly rod or ever fished with one( be fun to try though). *Was just thinking about trying a wooley bugger this year, im always interested in new ways to catch those super trout *8-)

superT
10-10-2008, 04:32 PM
Bowmasta and others, I have often trolled a woolly bugger using a fly rod and floating fly line. My practice has been to troll as slowly as possible. I done this from an inflatable pontoon boat and my 16' Crestliner. One of my best days ever on Amador(five years ago) was from my pontoon boat trolling a wooly bugger. It seems to me there were more fly fisherman then than lately.

fishinator
10-10-2008, 06:59 PM
Hey now you guys have gone and woke up Freon! Nice to see you on the boards-( maybe other threads) haven't read you lately. Seems like it will soon be time to start getting the Ama gear ready ;D

Fishinator

EddieTee
10-10-2008, 08:50 PM
Thanks guys, I'll check it out.
Eddie Tee

camotracker
10-11-2008, 01:29 PM
hey guy's, if freon is starting to post here again. you know what this means, right? slamador is nearing us before we know it. bob at the store is going to get alot of money from us sniffer's. ;) see you all on the water.

ultra lite rods are the only way to go when catching these pigs

LEO"CAMOTRACKER"

troutfan
10-11-2008, 02:34 PM
OK guys it's a little early but I'm sure Slamdor is going to take off soon and most people seem to want the Official thread. Good luck out there this year.

tinytrout
10-11-2008, 02:44 PM
Have you seen how low the water is? It looks about 100 feet down. The lake looks half the normal size and it is a small lake anyway. The fishing should be good as the fish will be concentrated. Good luck.

Trout_Terminator
10-11-2008, 03:23 PM
MUWAHAHHA ONLY 3 MORE DAYS!!!

stonesfan
10-11-2008, 03:32 PM
No need to stress over when to Fish Amador, just listen for the
sound of " Leo Camotracker's " Bells...................... [smiley=suesscat.gif]

stonesfan [smiley=rollingstones.gif]

bowmasta
10-11-2008, 03:40 PM
No need to stress over when to Fish Amador, just listen for the
sound of " Leo Camotracker's " Bells...................... [smiley=suesscat.gif]

*I live by those bells at Amador *;D, espically in the morning. *Three more day's and counting! .. hopefully it's not to windy next week, unlike Elk Grove the last 3 days *>:(

trout_searcher
10-11-2008, 05:53 PM
I forget what sniffer it is, but someone has a picture on the way the grubs are rigged i can tell you though without a pic. Basically you can use 2 or 3 inch grubs. some guys on the board use Seps Pro grubs and some use Berkely Grubs. Use a # 1 or 2 worm hook. Make sure that the tail of the grub matches the end of the hook. basically make sure the tail curves the same way the end of the hook does. Trust me this will drastically improve bites if you do this. Some sniffers like to add a different color Berkely Power Egg at the eye of the hook. I use only the grub and No power egg. It is more about color. somedays they like the pearl/white/ and somedays they like firetiger/rootbeer, etc.... Try them with the Power Egg and without and see how you do. Make sure you have enough line out the back of the boat when it is busy on the lake. anything else just pm me ;)

How do I use grub from the bank ?

yonnr2000
10-11-2008, 06:16 PM
If you want to use a grub from the bank, try using a drop shot rig and cast almost parallel to the shore. Or you can use a spinning out fit with light line and cast it out and let it sit sink slowly. I've caught fish doing this but if you are on the bank, power bait is the way to go.

Trout_Terminator
10-11-2008, 06:25 PM
If you want to use a grub from the bank, try using a drop shot rig and cast almost parallel to the shore. *Or you can use a spinning out fit with light line and cast it out and let it sit sink slowly. *I've caught fish doing this but if you are on the bank, power bait is the way to go.

Yea, thats basically it.

EddieTee
10-11-2008, 07:02 PM
3 more days untill planting begins?? :)

bowmasta
10-11-2008, 07:23 PM
3 more days untill planting begins?? :)

Yep next Tuesday :) , Me and TT should have a bank report Wednesday.

fat_fish
10-11-2008, 07:24 PM
oh those donaldsons...can't wait!!!

here's some eye candy for yall...don't mind the ugly human.
http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/9378/1000881ku1.th.jpg (http://img391.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1000881ku1.jpg)

http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/4059/img0138cl1.th.jpg (http://img83.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0138cl1.jpg)

ff

SlyDog
10-12-2008, 07:44 AM
Question when trolling grubs very slow.How important is it for the grub tail to wiggle?Do any of you pros have any thoughts on that?I always thought it was important for the tail to wiggle.Maybe slow is more important.Any thoughts?SD

BIG_ONE
10-12-2008, 09:15 AM
Question when trolling grubs very slow.How important is it for the grub tail to wiggle?Do any of you pros have any thoughts on that?I always thought it was important for the tail to wiggle.Maybe slow is more important.Any thoughts?SD

just make sure it spins then your good to go ;)

SlyDog
10-12-2008, 09:29 AM
Big_One-Thankyou very much for the info.Can't wait to give it a try.hope to see you at Amador!SD

hunkfisher
10-12-2008, 10:23 AM
Well crap if fishinator, freon and bowmasta are starting to post on Slamador I guess it means my bank account will be getting ever so small, Good Luck to all who venture out this upcoming week ill look forwrd to your reports in the coming weeks only 4 more weeks left in football then this darn school thing gets in the way for 2 weeks before I see your ugly mugs down there ;D. Good Luck guys hope to hear good things! Yak hopefully you artistic side will come out and we can see pics of the main event on tuesday!

Brad "Hunkfisher"

cowboyfisher21
10-12-2008, 12:36 PM
Countin down the days boys! got the new rods all rigged up, im at the Carson on monday and Amador on wesnday! Cant wait!Ill see you out there bowmasta. ;) [smiley=snacker.gif] [smiley=yahoo.gif]

bowmasta
10-12-2008, 03:23 PM
Countin down the days boys! got the new rods all rigged up, im at the Carson on monday and Amador on wesnday! Cant wait!Ill see you out there bowmasta. ;) [smiley=snacker.gif] [smiley=yahoo.gif]

Have fun at Carson monday, im sure we'll slay em wednesday at Amador *8-)

cowboyfisher21
10-12-2008, 03:51 PM
I will be there at Amador with you and TT were gonna knock em dead!!!!!!!!!!!..............(i hope) ::) ;)

cowboyfisher21
10-12-2008, 03:58 PM
Do you guys release the Amador fish? I usually do if im fishing with jigs , flies, or spinners.The wierd thing is Bruce Lockhart(the owner) said NOT to release them. he said the water isnt good enough to sustain them when they are released and that they usually dont make it. * :-/ I was just curious?

bowmasta
10-12-2008, 04:31 PM
Do you guys release the Amador fish? I usually do if im fishing with jigs , flies, or spinners.The wierd thing is Bruce Lockhart(the owner) said NOT to release them. he said the water isnt good enough to sustain them when they are released and that they usually dont make it. * :-/ I was just curious?

I always try to get limit when I fish Amador ( not sure about TT ). If the bite is hot though, I do like to catch and release. *Not sure if they'll die or not, then again I never have fished this early in the season past years either. *All my fish seem to do fine in the past when I caught and release.. I guess we'll just have to see *8-)

YakMotor
10-13-2008, 06:02 PM
A trout plant tube was installed on the spillway today and word from the office is that the first plant will happen tomorrow.
http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/4299/Plantpipewbassboat055.jpg

If you've got a boat you can get in, but as you see it's narrow and muddy around the edges near the bottom. *And the fellow's whose deck I shot this from said it's shallow. *Keep your "cool" and be careful!
http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/9347/LaunchRamp067.jpg

The fishing dock is located where the "X" shows on the Google Earth image.
http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/2007/Fishingdock069.jpg

The other "X" shows the approximate position of the plant pipe. *As you see from the color difference this image overlaps a border of different Google Earth images both of which show the lake almost full. *It's not!
http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/8941/GEfishdocknpipe.jpg

It's a long way down to the water and in most spots steep and rocky. *If you are going to bank fish I suggest you wear good boots or shoes to get you down safely. *For an old fart like me a walking stick helps a lot to stay steady when footing's a challenge. *This slope off the campground point is the most gradual I can see from my location on the lake. *It's directly across from the plant tube.
http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/5413/campgroundpoint071vw7.jpg

trout_searcher
10-13-2008, 06:24 PM
So Yakmotor,
I hear you are the go to man for amador. I am new to fishing and have never been to amador. Is there a good and safe spot for kids ?

THanks
T_S

Woody
10-13-2008, 06:31 PM
Trout searcher it looks like that point in the last picture would be the spot for kids.

I don't think I could even launch there right now. I wouldn't be able to turn the boat around to get out of the launch cove. Please post if you launch a bigger size boat and let us know how it is. It just might be wider then it looks.

Thanks
Woody

troutfan
10-13-2008, 07:03 PM
bump

bowmasta
10-13-2008, 07:07 PM
*Hmm im confused I called Amador and talked to a lady today, she said the pipe was located on the corner of the dam where the spillway starts. *Is the pipe in your picture past GSP or slightly before it Yak? *If it's before it then im sure GSP will be a hot spot wednesday *8-)

fishpeddler1
10-13-2008, 07:15 PM
Bowmasta, looking at the picture it appears that the tube is on the west side of the spillway. I believe that GSP is the next point to the east. so you should expect to have lots of company there in the following weeks. *;) good luck wednesday guys and don't forget to post pix for those of us stuck on overtime... >:(

bowmasta
10-13-2008, 07:23 PM
Bowmasta, looking at the picture it appaers that the tube is on the west side of the spillway. I believe that GSP is the next point to the east. so you should expect to have lots of company there in the following weeks. *;) good luck wednesday guys and don't forget to post pix for those of us stuck on overtime... >:(

I hope your right, if so that means I got some nice holes to fish off GSP [smiley=banana.gif]

trout_searcher
10-13-2008, 08:03 PM

You all got me all excited. *I am new to this stuff. *Got 2 polls and some stuffs with the help of Cowboyfisher21 and from this forum. *I hope to make it out there next week. *If you see a guy looking kinda lost and/or stuggle with lines and hooks on the bank... Bingo... ME.

Steep and rocky, huh. *Hmm, I am thinking "how am going to hawl the fish out ? *;) ;)

trout_searcher
10-13-2008, 08:06 PM
Trout searcher it looks like that point in the last picture would be the spot for kids.

I don't think I could even launch there right now. I wouldn't be able to turn the boat around to get out of the launch cove. *Please post if you launch a bigger size boat and let us know how it is. It just might be wider then it looks.

Thanks
Woody

Thanks woody

fishpeddler1
10-13-2008, 09:42 PM

I don't think I could even launch there right now. I wouldn't be able to turn the boat around to get out of the launch cove. *Please post if you launch a bigger size boat and let us know how it is. It just might be wider then it looks.

Thanks
Woody
Hey Yak, I bet if you keep your camera aimed at the launch during this low water time you could come up with a pretty entertaining streaming video for us ;D

gonna have to make some new rules at the launch ramp. say launching only from 5:30 to 8:00 a.m and hauling out every other half hour in the afternoon with little one way street signs on bouys that flip around at the right time. :D

superT
10-14-2008, 07:18 AM
fishpeddler, after looking at yaks photos again, I agree the launch area is likely to be a circus. Don't know how a larger boat could get turned around after launching. Everyone is going to get an opportunity to practice being patient. Which means, "bearing trials calmly" I think.

bowmasta
10-14-2008, 10:33 AM
First Stock is today, hopefully a great season ahead :D . Yak I should be fishing of GSP tommorow with TT and cowboy, look for us if ya got time buddy 8-)

-Steve

YakMotor
10-14-2008, 12:33 PM
Ama-bows are in the lake, but for the 20 or so minutes I watched I didn't see any caught. *I did see splashes all over between the spillway and RV park point. *I counted eight bank fishers, four pontoon boats, and one small aluminum boat when I was out with the camera a little after noon.
http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/4530/pontoonsbankersbytube15am3.jpg

I watched this 3 pounder slowly fining circles on the surface near my side. *I got better shots of it in the clear, but I like this one as it tells the near shore snag story. *For lure collectors they might be "gold" but for tossers ... good luck!
http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/4600/troutthrusnags134nb8.jpg

Captain Compassion
10-14-2008, 01:22 PM
Wonder how fast those trout are going when they hit the bottom of the slide.? :o

CC

FishFiend916
10-14-2008, 01:37 PM
I'm heading out to amador tonight, to do some night fishing from the docks anybody else be out there? I'll be bankfishing near or on the docks. I was originally headin out for some cats, but I saw they started trout plants today so that will be my target!

cowboyfisher21
10-14-2008, 02:16 PM
Funny you say that Capt. cuz i was wondering the same thing. That is a long way down for those fish and they have got to be coming out of that tube like a bullet out of a gun!I might go next week just to watch em plant! That has got to be a sight! Im glad they put them in the pipe though. the fish got slaughtered at the boat ramp last year with all the low water. Im surprised the fish's brains dont explode when they hit the water! *[smiley=mind-blowing.gif] ;) hopefully enough made it for us to catch tommarow! ;)

cowboyfisher21
10-14-2008, 02:19 PM
Me, Bowmasta, and TT will be there at 530 tommarow morning if your still there.. we will be by GSP if you care to join us!

camotracker
10-14-2008, 02:59 PM
bowmasta, good luck in the morning. hope you knock em dead.

LEO"CAMOTRACKER"

FishFiend916
10-14-2008, 03:00 PM
I probably wont be there by then, just going out for the night till about 1 or 2 am appreciate the offer though, if I didnt have to work tommorrow I would...I never fished at night out there anything special I should know before heading out???

bowmasta
10-14-2008, 03:16 PM

LEO"CAMOTRACKER"

Thanks buddy, wish you could join me 8-)

trout_searcher
10-14-2008, 03:52 PM
Is night fishing good (for trout) ? and how do you do it ? using lures ? light ?

Thanks
T-S

bowmasta
10-14-2008, 04:12 PM
I probably wont be there by then, just going out for the night till about 1 or 2 am appreciate the offer though, if I didnt have to work tommorrow I would...I never fished at night out there anything special I should know before heading out???

Fish Friend you will probaly have better luck fishing a point of the spillway, they are stocking on the spillway instead of the launch cove like usual... good luck 8-)

-Steve

fishinator
10-14-2008, 04:30 PM
Good luck out there guys! I t is still a little early for my trolling likes... besides there are some striper to be had ;D Will be out again on friday. maybe the first weekend in NOv, I'll give it a try. ::)

Fishinator

Trout_Terminator
10-14-2008, 05:56 PM
I got a camera, so as long as i remember it, we will have some pics of the expidition ;)

camotracker
10-14-2008, 06:27 PM

LEO"CAMOTRACKER"

Thanks buddy, wish you could join me *8-)

i'll be out there soon. duck hunting opens this weekend. geting the gear ready.

have fun guy's and gal's

LEO"CAMOTRACKER"

fishpeddler1
10-14-2008, 07:19 PM

bring lots and lots of beer to keep you warm! [smiley=beer.gif]

and what you don't finish be sure to pm me and tell me where you stashed it. ;) good luck!

atavuss
10-14-2008, 07:37 PM
thanks for posting the pics Yak! looks like the ramp is down a wee bit from what it was like last year? I remember having to back down past the wide spot in the ramp but not as far as it looks in the picture.

outdoorsman
10-14-2008, 07:44 PM
Do we have a size estimate for the trout?? 12"-2lbs? 2-4lbs? 4 lbs+? Thanks.

bowmasta
10-14-2008, 07:58 PM

Amador trout are normally always 3 lbs or bigger, be nice to have some lunkers for tommorow, but I doubt it.

outdoorsman
10-14-2008, 08:01 PM

*Amador trout are normally always 3 lbs or bigger, be nice to have some lunkers for tommorow, but I doubt it.

I was just wondering if they were going to start out with some of the smaller fish from the pens to make sure that there wasnt the big die off again. It just posed a question because iv caught them around 14"s to 7lbs.

YakMotor
10-14-2008, 08:04 PM
After my time out with the camera around noon I didn't pay much attention to what was happening on the water. *I did notice this guy leaving about 4pm and got a shot of the two trout he caught from the spillway point a little east of the plant tube. *I didn't see anyone fishing GSP (Green Star Point.)
http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/1015/bankerwfish185ls2.jpg

By the way GSP got named when I used a green star on a couple photos and a Google Earth image trying to show the location I was trying to describe. *It's the next point east of the spillway still on the main body of the lake. *This is from last year after we'd had some rain and level was much higher.
http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/8231/Greenstarptarrow019.jpg

hunkfisher
10-14-2008, 09:02 PM
WOW alls I can say is wow I dont think I have ever seen it that low before Yak, and the tube over on the other side really shows it, hope the fishing gods send some large amounts of rain down your way otherwise its going to be a long season at the pond, a float tube might be a bit too much for that now! Glad to hear they are in there now only 6 more weeks!

Brad "Hunkfisher

bowmasta
10-14-2008, 09:03 PM

*Amador trout are normally always 3 lbs or bigger, be nice to have some lunkers for tommorow, but I doubt it.

I was just wondering if they were going to start out with some of the smaller fish from the pens to make sure that there wasnt the big die off again. It just posed a question because iv caught them around 14"s to 7lbs.

Those 14"s were most likely from DFG, they plant the little guys ;D ... Mark, hoping for a big stringer tommorow.. keep a look out 8-)

dougcsch
10-14-2008, 09:34 PM
Mark, good to see your pictures again... but I would like to see what the launch area looks like. If you could... Please??? Thanks...

fishpeddler1
10-14-2008, 09:48 PM
Doug, go back to page 6 of this thread and look for the pix with the little wet spot in the middle...

FishFiend916
10-15-2008, 11:59 AM
So I get out to the lake at about 8pm, we walk up to the docks and within 5 minutes I must have seen 25 trout in the 3-4 lbs range cruising the surface, they were EVERYWHERE, so I'm like cool this night could be fun....NOT!!!! These fish were stunned and in shock and wouldnt touch a thing! I tried powerbait and powereggs both off the bottom and under a bobber, I tried worms, spinners, jigs, wooly buggers, no takes no nothing! These fish were so out of it, I literally seen one swim head first into the dock, you can tell they just werent feeding they didnt know what to do. So a guy that was crappie fishing gave me some live minnows when he left and we ended up fishing for crappie the rest of the night.Caught two 2 pounders, at least we didnt get skunked, I guess

Bullet_Man
10-15-2008, 12:54 PM
I stopped by the lake early this morning just to see what was going on. Saw six fishermen (1 tubber, 3 bankies, and 2 off the dock). Saw many fish fining and jumping, but only saw two on stringers.

It's going to be a good year. Let's go get 'em guys.

Rich

outdoorsman
10-15-2008, 02:37 PM
Going out there this weekend. Hopefully will take some picks and have something to show for it.

bowmasta
10-15-2008, 03:24 PM
A Big Soar SKUNK for me, I learned what the fish were hitting a little to late today. Started the day on the spillway baitifishing ( used everything ) , without a bite and finally left the spillway at 1:30 pm. Met up back with cowboy at the darn, and he had 4 fish already and had 3-4 others released to. The concept today was sight fishing, the trout seemed to be in a trance circling in schools near shore by the darn. Rooster tails, jigs, and flys worked today, but you would have to throw them constantly at the schools to get a reaction bite. I ended only fishing the darn for about 45 minutes, got 2 bites .. both came of though >:( Took a few pic's of Cowboys limit, ill post them a little bit later.

P.S -Ty (cowboy) it was a pleasure fishing with ya today bro, looking forward to the next time 8-)

-Steve

cowboyfisher21
10-15-2008, 03:33 PM
So met up with fellow sniffer Bowmasta at 630 by the stocking pipe. We both casted our lines up and started fishing. The fish were jumping all over! It looked to be a blow out day! boy were we wrong for the first couple hours! *:-/ We threw everything at them for the next couple hours but no bites! Bowmasta decided to go fish GSP and i decided to stay where i was. So after an hour i decided to see if he had any luck....nothing for the both of us. So i decided to hit the dam as i always have good luck there. Sure glad i did because as i approached the water i saw schools of fish in the 2 to 4 pound range. This was more like it ;) I love to sight fish so i decided to try a panther martin. first cast into the school and bam he took the PM. this went on for another half an hour with me landing about 6 fish.

* * I decided to change over to jigs and a couple cast later i had another fish! there was a guy next to me killin em with spinners and a guy fly fishing with woolies gettin a hole lot more! About that time Bowmasta checked to see how i was doing. I told him that our luck had changed and to throw out *a spinner. He hooked a couple really nice fish but they threw the spinner. I caught a couple more on jigs and had Bowmasta try them out. He had a pig hooked but lost it at the shore. Overall i ended with 10 fish between 2 and 4 pounds. I tried to release them but the lake is so muddy that not all of them made it. so took a couple home for the smoker! * [smiley=chowtime.gif] If you are planning on releasing these fish make sure you bring waders. the lake is so low and so muddy that the fish get mud and silt all in there gills once they get 3 feet to the bank. if you step down to try to release them you literally sink 2 feet. Its bad! the water is warm and it was very difficult to revive these guys with all the dang mud.It ended up being a great day on the water. Bowmasta, you are one hell of a fisherman and it was a pleasure fishing with you my friend! *;) *oh and i forgot the camera at home but Bowmasta took some pics so he will probably post them later on with his report. ;D

fat_fish
10-15-2008, 05:45 PM
great work guys. way to stick with it and get a limit cowboy. hopefully i can find em on Sat. do you guys think i should try my luck outa my boat or bank it? i'm thinkin that it'd be easier reviving em outa the boat. from the website it looks like it's only $5 to launch in Oct?

thanks again for the report Bowmasta and Cowboy.

ff

camotracker
10-15-2008, 07:10 PM
A Big Soar SKUNK for me, I learned what the fish were hitting a little to late today. *Started the day on the spillway baitifishing ( used everything ) , without a bite and finally left the spillway at 1:30 pm. *Met up back with cowboy at the darn, and he had 4 fish already and had 3-4 others released to. *The concept today was sight fishing, the trout seemed to be in a trance circling in schools near shore by the darn. *Rooster tails, jigs, and flys worked today, but you would have to throw them constantly at the schools to get a reaction bite. I ended only fishing the darn for about 45 minutes, got 2 bites .. both came of though *>:( *Took a few pic's of Cowboys limit, ill post them a little bit later.

P.S * -Ty (cowboy) it was a pleasure fishing with ya today bro, looking forward to the next time *8-)

-Steve

sorry to hear that steve, give it a couple more weeks. and the trolling will be on fire. that's when you'll see me.

LEO

hunkfisher
10-15-2008, 08:14 PM
Well its good to hear that your all getting into them, Cowboy(Ty) you know the trick by the darn those jigs are the best things to use when they are schooled up. Its going to be rough fishing for the next few weeks but the weather looks to cool and the fish are going to keep coming in, itll get better. Keep those reports coming guys.

Brad "Hunkfisher"

dougcsch
10-16-2008, 04:59 AM
Doug, go back to page 6 of this thread and look for the pix with the little wet spot in the middle...

Thanks, Fishpeddler... I skipped pg 6 *:-[ in my haste to read all the posts. lake is too low for me... PRAY FOR RAIN!!!!!

superT
10-16-2008, 07:36 AM
Were there no boats on the lake? I'm interested in what launching conditions are like. Thanks.

cowboyfisher21
10-16-2008, 08:45 AM
It was extremely shallow and narrow! launching anything bigger than a 12 foot aluminum will be extremely difficult! if you do launch make sure your truck has a winch to pull you out because you honestly might get stuck! :-/ I have a 14 foot fiberglass and i will ot be launching till we get more water. The lake is so low that it will be extremely hard to troll. There is no room and i dnt see how peple can troll and not run over each others lines.? its like putting 5 people in a bathtub, it just doesnt work. besides, the fish are all stacked up against the dam and if you bank it youll kill em. This year the bankers will dominate as the fish will all be so concentrated in one small spot. or they will until we get some freakin rain!

MontanaN8V
10-16-2008, 09:23 AM
Hopefully the snaggers don't pick that hole clean.

cowboyfisher21
10-16-2008, 10:01 AM
Hole? you mean the whole lake? i think not.

bowmasta
10-16-2008, 10:49 AM
Here ya go buddy, nice limit by the way 8-)

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q25/bowmasta01/Picture480x360.jpg

- I should be back out next Wednesday, better go pick up on some jigs!

cowboyfisher21
10-16-2008, 10:58 AM
Ill see you out there then bro! The lady at the front said they are going to put some bigger fish in either tus. or wens. so we will be there to catch em! go grab some jigs and ill make sure i bring the gold PM> ;)

yavang192
10-16-2008, 03:44 PM
I've never used a jig b4, do you use live bait (or something else) with it or do you use it by itself

bowmasta
10-16-2008, 05:05 PM
I've never used a jig b4, do you use live bait (or something else) with it or do you use it by itself

A jig by itself does just fine, the trout didn't take any kind of bait yesterday.

rivertamer
10-16-2008, 05:08 PM
I will be banking it tomorrow at the pond. Pretty excited since it's been quite awhile since I have felt good enough to do what I enjoy - fishing. I had cervical surgery in March and shoulder surgery a few months before from being hit from behind in an auto accident. Thanks to all the folks who have been posting to the 2008 Amador board as it has given me some insight as to what is going on and what I need to bring. If your out there tomorrow give a holler - I'm in a red toyota truck and wearing a rumblefish hat, :D

yonnr2000
10-16-2008, 10:43 PM
Berkley makes a power bait jig. *Maybe give this a try since their power grubs works so well for amador trout.

http://www.lakemichiganangler.com/store/Berkley_Power_Bait_Atomic_Teasers.htm

I think I also saw them at the Elk Grove Sports Chalet.

stonesfan
10-17-2008, 02:48 AM
STILL WAITING TO HEAR " THE BELLS"

jiggity49
10-17-2008, 10:55 AM
Berkley makes a power bait jig. *Maybe give this a try since their power grubs works so well for amador trout.

http://www.lakemichiganangler.com/store/Berkley_Power_Bait_Atomic_Teasers.htm

I think I also saw them at the Elk Grove Sports Chalet. *
looks like a regular crappie jig with a power worm threaded on the hook. *should be able to rig one up for far cheaper than $3.89 for 3 :P I'll be sure to try it next time I make it out there. the white 1/32 oz jig is my go to bait for that lake ;D

Trout_Terminator
10-17-2008, 01:01 PM
Anyone else going to be hitting it up this weekend?

camotracker
10-17-2008, 01:42 PM
* * STILL WAITING TO HEAR " THE BELLS"

couple more weeks before you'll hear my bells. besides, they need a few more plants so the fish can spread out

LEO"CAMOTRACKER"

rivertamer
10-17-2008, 03:57 PM
Had a good time today-didn't get skunked but close. I threw everything at them but they were not interested. Mini jigs, trout traps, PM's, Kastmasters, etc. ect but thanks to the TS smeared with pro cure I didn't come home empty handed. Caught a nice 4.5lb 21" female with roe and that was it. Cowboy was right getting that fish out of the water was a challenge. I sunk in at least 2 feet in the mud only becuase I had to finese the fish because I was using 4# florocarbon. All and all it was a great day and was wonderful to get out for the first time in a long time and sling some lures. ;D

Trout_Terminator
10-17-2008, 06:17 PM
Had a good time today-didn't get skunked but close. *I threw everything at them but they were not interested. *Mini jigs, trout traps, PM's, Kastmasters, etc. ect but thanks to the TS smeared with pro cure I didn't come home empty handed. Caught a nice 4.5lb 21" female with roe and that was it. *Cowboy was right getting that fish out of the water was a challenge. I sunk in at least 2 feet in the mud only becuase I *had to finese the fish because I was using 4# florocarbon. *All and all it was a great day and was wonderful *to get out for the first time in a long time and sling some lures. *;D

i take it that the bank is really muddy eh?

fishpeddler1
10-17-2008, 08:26 PM
so I'm cleaning out the boat while I wait for the rains and plants to fill up our lakes and I noticed that I have quite an assortment of colors for grubs and powerbait, but when I thought about it it seems that I always stick with just a few of my go to colors through out the year. so that got me wondering if other anglers are having the same success using the same colors or if they do just as good pulling completly different ones. and is it the same situation as the season changes and we switch over to our spring colors? do the seasons really make that much difference ? or is it the fact that we spend all day working our "hot color" until we get our limit?
it's no secret that on Amador the white, pearl and orange, and chartreus grubs are the most popular, but are there other colors that really only work in the springtime but not the fall? and via versa?
I know, I know, I'm rambling but when I'm not fishing my mind wanders ....

fat_fish
10-17-2008, 09:55 PM
good job on the hen...use the roe for next time they'll love it.

ff

Irish
10-18-2008, 11:28 AM
Fishpeddler,
Like you I have a very large assortment of grubs. Some I have never opened, and some they dont even make anymore.

The nice thing about having a large variety is that you can keep throwing colors at them until you find one that hits. I think most of this, like much of our tackle, comes from Wow, we really killed them on this color today!!! Then we run out and buy a pack or two.

I think the beer advertisers are missing out. Wow I really killed them drinking Coors today!! My buddy was drinking Millers and got skunked!!
:)

Manteca Steve
10-18-2008, 01:07 PM
Hey Irish
Well said ;D

I have to agree with Leo. I'LL wait couple of more plants so they can spread out lake. I hope they still plant at the spillway it gives them a fighting chance. Past few years when they plant at the boat launch during the day & night they get slaughtered *there! :-/

millertime
10-18-2008, 01:46 PM
Well I'm going to hit up amador tomorrow with some buddies of mine I'll let you guys know how I do. so I should throw buggers, jigs, and spinners right?

MILLERTIME 8-)

outdoorsman
10-18-2008, 04:50 PM
Wow this lake is low Launched my toon around 8 and started trolling down the bank. Nothin. Then I saw a cruising trout so i said maybe.. and threw the wooley bugger by him. Strip strip/ BAM!! Fish on. Forgot how fun these were on fly rods. Nice 3lber. Go about another 30minutes or so and see another. Sam drill strip strip slurp. 2lber. dont net him and decide to release this guy. Went around 4hours without even trouting, then went back to the dam. Hop on shore and there trout cruising there. Tossed my fly and bam.. 2lber, this one on the stringer. Land one more the same way. Not to bad ehh? Kept 2 released two.

Heres the first fish. Mmm..Dinner ;)
http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/9070/amador002cm7.th.jpg (http://img80.imageshack.us/my.php?image=amador002cm7.jpg)http://img80.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif (http://g.imageshack.us/thpix.php)

freon
10-18-2008, 08:01 PM
Hit Amador with Etch a Sketch, got on the lake right at sun up and fished until threeish. I hooked four trout, the largest managed to wrap himself around the trolling motor, but Mike was kind enough to lift the trolling motor and snap him off >:(
One of the other ones crossed over Mikes line and so he did the gentlemanly thing and proceeded to yank on his rod and start reeling in >:(
I did get two decent ones in though and he did get two green carp ;D
Caught them all around the dam area on black grubs (yea, it took a lot of color combos to get to that one ) right on top.

crappieman67
10-18-2008, 08:09 PM
Nice job Freon, Hope to hit the lake a few times this year. see you there.

Chris

fat_fish
10-18-2008, 10:57 PM
freon-how was launching? I'LL be hitting amador up tomorrow afternoon in my 14'er. nice report...black huh.

ff

YakMotor
10-19-2008, 12:30 AM
After reading how shallow the ramp cove is I was surprised to see to a heavy Fiberglas boat. *I shot this Friday as he passed GSP. *The red kayak troller was also taken Friday all the rest were Saturday. *
http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/9223/bigboatbyGSP230.jpg

This guy has a GREAT seat for the next Ama-bow plant!
http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/5892/Bankeronplantpipe336.jpg

I came out about noon to find freon had brought one dark cloud, one gust of wind, and RAIN! *I heard five drops on my patio cover then it stopped! *Now we only NEED about five hundred GUH-ZILLION more! *Sorry freon to hear that trolling motor helped undo your BIG trout. *Bob must teach 'em that in survival school as I've had a couple pull the same trick on me!
http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/7885/freonoffgsp339.jpg

Here's a nice one in the net that didn't get away. *It's the only trout I saw played and caught though I did see other boats with fish on stringers.
http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/1970/Familynettrout303.jpg

There were a few people using the fishing dock. *I only watched for a couple minutes and didn't see a hooked-up. *Looks like it's a comfortable place to sit though.
http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/4647/Dockfishing374.jpg

I thought to comment on the trout rises I've occasionally seen since the plant. *Seems like they have spread out pretty good. *I didn't notice this guy clean out of the water until I saw it on the monitor screen. *He was on the far side of the campground point from my view here in the RV Park.
http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/6148/Troutjumps377.jpg

outdoorsman - Sounds like you got more oar time workout than rod pumping exercise, but glad to hear you did manage a few good ones! *WAY TO GO!
http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/1818/Pontoonerwfish388.jpg

Noticed this boat had a stringer out. *I wonder ... did anyone take the water temperature?
http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/7655/trollerwtrout383.jpg

Most of my shots show a shoreline of shale rocks, but there are dirt banks in places like here at the north corner of the dam.
http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/3543/Bankerbydam375.jpg

New islands have appeared that were not there last year and those old tree snags are becoming a forest. *This view is up the Mountain Springs arm. *The bass guys seem to love it back there tho!
http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/1898/Mtnspringssnags244.jpg
Kayaks are a GREAT way to be on the water for casting and trolling.
http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/7568/Kayaktroller296.jpg

Here's my wildlife pic of the day! *Well, they DO get WILD when they see you've got a bag of donuts!
http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/9619/Twomallards286.jpg

Jetspray
10-19-2008, 03:19 AM
YakMotor those are great pic's. The one with the fish jumping is very familiar (Ha Ha you can't catch me). The other one of note is the guy on the shore with the waders, probably a sweat fest. Looks like everyone was having a good day though......Jetspray

foresthill_fishin
10-19-2008, 05:03 AM
great pictures I to hope to make a trip to the heavenly waters of amador been there once last year met up with a fellow sniffer got some advice then just knocked um dead goodtimes..........got to love it.

Joel

hoghunter3
10-19-2008, 07:04 AM
Nice to know that some things never change in an ever changing world..... Every fish Freon has ever lost is someone else fault. Poor Mike gets blamed for lifting the trolling motor, no mention of who let the fish get wrapped around it to start with ;) (Dennis, Thought you'd appreciate that comment)

Seriously, glad you got a few James,. Great pictures as usual Yak.
Pray for some rain. Hope to drag the trailer up there in a couple of weeks and begin the quest for elusive the 10 pound-er again

Dennis
10-19-2008, 07:18 AM
Nice to know that some things never change in an ever changing world..... Every fish Freon has ever lost is someone else fault. Poor Mike gets blamed for lifting the trolling motor, no mention of who let the fish get wrapped around it to start with ;) (Dennis, Thought you'd appreciate that comment)

Seriously, glad you got a few James,. Great pictures as usual Yak.
Pray for some rain. Hope to drag the trailer up there in a couple of weeks and begin the quest for elusive the 10 pound-er again

Yes I did. *I'll even add a little more. *Sounds a little like "It's not my fault" Mickey. * [smiley=rotfl2.gif]

Mickey_Thomas
10-19-2008, 07:29 AM
"It's not my fault" Mickey [smiley=rotfl2.gif]I'm starting to see a pattern here, I think Dennis is giving me a bad time but it's not my fault ;)

outdoorsman
10-19-2008, 09:11 AM
Hahahahahahah. That was my big motor too. ;) The other motor is resting on the back. Feet got cramped.

FYI i did get one trout by the tube, the bigger one. He looked hungry too. At the dam the trout were wolf packing. Throw the fly in front of the school and 3-4 would after it before one actually ate it.
Water clarity is fairly dirty, so a flahy lure should haven a lot of appeal.

rivertamer
10-19-2008, 09:12 AM
That fiberglass boat was fishing close to the bank in the area I was fishing on Friday and I asked him if it was difficult to launch with that big of a boat and he said no problem. After reading previously that there wasn't sufficient turn around space and you wouldn't want to bring a boat larger than 12ft I was suprised to see that boat as well. Nice pics Yak as always. :-/

freon
10-19-2008, 10:12 AM
I saw a large northriver launch and retrieve and they had to pull the boat up on the trailer as they backed the trailer down (same as me) and use the trolling motor to get out as it does get shallow, but it is doable ;)

I'm starting to see a pattern here, I think Dennis is giving me a bad time but it's not my fault

Ditto ;D

[quote]I came out about noon to find freon had brought one dark cloud, one gust of wind, and RAIN! I heard five drops on my patio cover then it stopped! Now we only NEED about five hundred GUH-ZILLION more![quote]

Nice Mark, blame me for the bad weather, you know full well that Etch a Sketch was responsible for that rain >:( ;D

Great pics as usually buddy, it sure was great to see those fishing jumping out of the water again, they were everywhere :D

gills
10-19-2008, 10:23 AM
Doing a rain dance as I type!!

Yak that is one classic shot, trout jumping out of the water you are the man. Millertime how did you do out there? Im tempted, but that water level has me thinking :-/.. ahh what the heck!!! Freon did it..

* * Gills

hunkfisher
10-19-2008, 12:08 PM
Rain looks like we need it, like i say wish i could send the cool weather we are having up here on the coast to you guys but it looks like nice fishing weather.
Freon is already getting into it hahahaha, I need to give you some feedback after last years trip with Alan buddy. Way to work for them.
Nice pics as always Yak thanks for keeping us update got it itch bad for some amabows wish i wasnt 6 hours away.

Brad "Hunkfisher"

Dennis
10-19-2008, 12:36 PM
Nice Mark, blame me for the bad weather

Freon, everyone knows a dark cloud follows you around. You should change your avitar.

http://home.surewest.net/dennisw1/Pictures/Graphics/freon_as_pigpen.jpg

cuhogn
10-19-2008, 04:17 PM
Freon is already getting into it

Brad
Did you expect less ::) ;D ;D
Send me a PM when your home on break and we can hit it again, oh by the way keep your helmet on during the games ::), I sure your dad has told you that many times ;).

freon
10-19-2008, 06:15 PM
Freon, everyone knows a dark cloud follows you around. * You should change your avitar.

I dont know what it is with that lake and rain, but it sure does seem to like to follow me up there, maybe they will start paying me to come up there more, large donations by sniffers wont be refused either :D
doesnt really matter to me though, I have a great time fishing, in the rain or not. I sure do know how to find a fun time in the rain up there, watching Dennis get soaked one day was almost my highlight, but getting flooded in and then finding a warm bed to sleep in and drinking with a bunch of other folks flooded in comes in first, oh yea, got free fishing the next day too *;)
Not bad for a black cloud *;D
Like Andy (not Ann) Landers says, when life serves you lemons, make lemonade and then pour some vodka in it *;)

camotracker
10-19-2008, 06:38 PM
look out guys, freon is back

fat_fish
10-20-2008, 12:11 PM
so i hit up the lake yesterday w/my father in law...took the boat. no prob launching or retrieving. pretty shallow (2 ft). saw many arial acrobatic maneuvers by the amabows...impressive. fish jumpin all over. we only got 1 3lber from 3-7. he sure was fun on my fly rod. had a couple hits on pb. caught the one on a black mini jig 3 ft under a clear float. seemed like the bankies were havin more success than the boaters. not many trollers just sight fishin. i'll be back there b4 the month is over.

ff

bowmasta
10-20-2008, 01:17 PM
Just a tip to any trollers in the next few weeks use wooley buggers! I talked to Bob on the phone today, and he said a troller had a 30 + fish day trolling all colors of wooley bugger's. Ill be banking at Amador this wednesday again.. well that's some good news 8-)

trout_searcher
10-20-2008, 01:43 PM
*Just a tip to any trollers in the next few weeks use wooley buggers! *I talked to Bob on the phone today, and he said a troller had a 30 + fish day trolling all colors of wooley bugger's. *Ill be banking at Amador this wednesday again.. well that's some good news *8-)

That means that if we throw wooley bugger from shore, we should catch some, right ? ;) ;)

bowmasta
10-20-2008, 02:01 PM
*Just a tip to any trollers in the next few weeks use wooley buggers! *I talked to Bob on the phone today, and he said a troller had a 30 + fish day trolling all colors of wooley bugger's. *Ill be banking at Amador this wednesday again.. well that's some good news *8-)

That means that if we throw wooley bugger from shore, we should catch some, right ? ;) ;)

Yea you will, a guy was nailing them with wooley buggers last time I was there.

cuhogn
10-20-2008, 02:35 PM
throw wooley bugger

Freon
That's a fly not something from your nose ::) ;)

fat_fish
10-20-2008, 02:38 PM
i tried the woolies for an hr or so w/no luck...trolled very slow and used a clear float. should i have used no float? even tried casting and slowly retrieving them.

ff

SuperDave
10-20-2008, 02:48 PM
i tried the woolies for an hr or so w/no luck...trolled very slow and used a clear float. *should i have used no float? *even tried casting and slowly retrieving them.

ff

Troll with no float, either naked or with a wiggle fin disc in front.

fat_fish
10-20-2008, 02:56 PM
thanks SD will try next week.

ff

Dennis
10-20-2008, 03:01 PM
throw wooley bugger

Freon
That's a fly not something from your nose ::) ;)

[smiley=rotfl2.gif] [smiley=rotfl2.gif] [smiley=rotfl2.gif]

Let the jousting begin

hunkfisher
10-20-2008, 04:02 PM
Freon is already getting into it

Brad
Did you expect less ::) ;D ;D
Send me a PM when your home on break and we can hit it again, oh by the way keep your helmet on during the games ::), I sure your dad has told you that many times ;).

Never expect anything less from old freezon ;D, well have to make a trip in december again hopefully soem rain preceeds our venture. Helmet???? Whats that ;)

Brad "Hunkfisher"

freon
10-21-2008, 06:56 AM
That's a fly not something from your nose

Now that just sounds like something you pulled from your @#$ ;)
everyone knows that a wooley bugger is a baby wooley mammoth, they call them little buggers ;) ;D

Never expect anything less from old freezon

Watch it Brad, I aint that old and almost have the donut cannon done >:( ;D
By the way, how come your not back down here fishing yet instead of rolling around in the field with all those men feeling each others pads up? ;D

FishFiend916
10-21-2008, 11:24 AM
Anybody been fishing out there recently after sundown? I'll be heading out there today, but wont be able to go until this evening, do the fish bite at night there?? And I been hearing there killin em on wooly buggers, will THEY work at night??? Or should I just fish bait???

SuperDave
10-21-2008, 12:57 PM
Bring a submergeable light and bait. The night will be yours.

YakMotor
10-21-2008, 02:48 PM
Nope! *This boat didn't launch recently. *A neighbor in the RV Park keeps it moored in a cove. *Talked to them after taking the photo on Sunday and was told they caught four trout and two bass.
http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/8765/Bigboatoffgsp417.jpg

Got a pic of these guys, also on Sunday, with one of their trout. *About a 2 pounder. *Later I saw they had a net and were trying to land another, but think it was lost. *They are on GSP.
http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7569/GSPguystrout450.jpg

This patio boat did launch on Sunday.
http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/6111/Patioboatbytube498.jpg

I took this shot today, Tuesday, of Green Star Point and beyond.
http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7403/GSPandbeyond509.jpg

Here's another Ama-bow jumping that I didn't notice til I saw it on the big screen. *This was about noon today.
http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/3941/trollerswjumper516.jpg

An extension was added to the plant tube and then more trout added to the lake. *
http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/1249/Planttubeextension506.jpg

I noticed through the spotting scope fish jumping and finning around the shore near the tube. *A little later this guy showed up and I watched him come down dip his big gold Kastmaster like lure a foot off the bank and snag the three pounder that's in his basket. *He and his buddies are still out there. *I only saw the one fish snagged, but suspect by the one guy's cast and jerk technique that he's found his successful method. *They have at least four trout in the two baskets I saw them carrying. *They have moved away from the tube tho.
http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/1767/snagger525jm6.jpg

So if you want to be snag "famous" too come on down to the tube so I can get photos of your trophies!

I'm not going to have much time for photos or posting until I find a replacement for my ailing Geo. *I'm looking for a mini van. *If you know anyone who's got one please PM me!

fishingfan
10-21-2008, 04:11 PM
Anybody been fishing out there recently after sundown? I'll be heading out there today, but wont be able to go until this evening, do the fish bite at night there?? And I been hearing there killin em on wooly buggers, will THEY work at night??? Or should I just fish bait???

I'm thinking about heading out there this week sometime to do a little night fishing. Maybe we can meet up? ;D

tcbritton
10-21-2008, 04:15 PM
I hope to be out nov. the 2 but who knows right now looks like its shaping up to be a fair yr best of luck to you all and remember to duck when you see donuts ;)

hunkfisher
10-21-2008, 09:24 PM
That's a fly not something from your nose

Now that just sounds like something you pulled from your @#$ *;)
everyone knows that a wooley bugger is a baby wooley mammoth, they call them little buggers *;) *;D

Never expect anything less from old freezon *

Watch it Brad, I aint that old and almost have the donut cannon done *>:( *;D
By the way, how come your not back down here fishing yet instead of rolling around in the field with all those men feeling each others pads up? *;D

You know I would love to be at the pond teaching ...... I mean learning from the master baiter himself ;D Cannon your getting that frail ;D ;)

Brad "Hunkfisher"

freon
10-22-2008, 06:05 AM
You know I would love to be at the pond teaching ...... I mean learning from the master baiter himself *Cannon your getting that frail *

Brad "Hunkfisher"

Brad, your a riot, looking forward to seeing you out there again *;) *;D
I like your pic, which one is you though, the one tackling your own guy or the one playing without a helmet? *;D
For some reason, I have no problem believing its the one without the helmet :o ;D

Blktailhunter
10-22-2008, 08:38 AM
Keep posting the picutes of the snaggers Yak. Man that gets me fired up. If you want fish that bad go to the fish market. >:(

FishFiend916
10-22-2008, 12:47 PM
Hit up Amador last night from 9pm-3am Caught one 3lber on a small black on black panther martin. U could see schools but they werent biting much, I had one hit on a jig, 0 on wooly bugger, 0 on PB, only got three hits all night.

There were 5 guys all with the double treble-no bait snagger technique going, they were snaggin fish all night, then had the nerve to tell me they were using worms when I asked them about it. I told em " It's people like you that make it so hard for people like me to fish" he looked at me with a confused look, and I said "yeah YOU m**********r, why dont you try using bait instead of snaggin em?" he just looked at me with another blank look, I shook my head and walked off.They left shortly after that.

I don't think specifying race will make any more legal/illegal so lets leave it at "5 guys". We don't want to risk labeling any particular ethnic group.

Trout_Terminator
10-22-2008, 02:23 PM
cal tip!

outdoorsman
10-22-2008, 02:39 PM
Hit up Amador last night from 9pm-3am Caught one 3lber on a small black on black panther martin. U could see schools but they werent biting much, I had one hit on a jig, 0 on wooly bugger, 0 on PB, only got three hits all night.

There were 5 guys all with the double treble-no bait snagger technique going, they were snaggin fish all night, then had the nerve to tell me they were using worms when I asked them about it. I told em " It's people like you that make it so hard for people like me to fish" he looked at me with a confused look, and I said "yeah YOU m**********r, why dont you try using bait instead of snaggin em?" he just looked at me with another blank look, I shook my head and walked off.They left shortly after that.
Way to tell them. Wouldve called cal tip, or reported it to the people at the shop(if they wer still around). If you get a camera and take lots of photos of them with snagged fish you can post them and tell people to watch out for them. Tongue lashings may have short term usage, but these will get them in the long run.

vito
10-22-2008, 02:53 PM
Be careful bud - 1 against 5 is tough odds. You are right, but unless you are a jujitsu master I would take a different approach next time.

FishFiend916
10-22-2008, 05:52 PM
What the number for Caltip? what is it exactly?

And I wasnt alone, I had 2 buddies with me!!!And we definitely coulda took em'

fat_fish
10-22-2008, 07:31 PM
to report poachers or polluters-1888dfgcaltip or in numbers 18883342258 (it's on the back of your fishing lic. good work givin em the shame they deserved...pics are better proof. post em here like yak did.

trout_searcher
10-22-2008, 07:51 PM
Anyone know if they stock the lake again this week ?

T_S

fat_fish
10-22-2008, 08:25 PM
it was stocked again on tues.

ff

fishingfan
10-22-2008, 09:03 PM
I called the lady at the store earlier today and she said they had stocked nearly 10,000lbs in a week. First time was last Tuesday and they stocked again yesterday. I'll be out there soon. Hope to see all of you there too! ;D

Blktailhunter
10-22-2008, 09:26 PM
You should get a better response if you call the local sheriffs dept (Amador County) instead of Cal-tip. 9-11 or (209) 223-6500

SuperDave
10-23-2008, 06:18 AM
Lord willing, I'll have a boat report tomorrow afternoon. I dug the painter poles out last night and took the downriggers off the boat so I just have to hope launching goes smoothly.

Mickey_Thomas
10-23-2008, 06:29 AM
Lord willing, I'll have a boat report tomorrow afternoon. *I dug the painter poles out last night and took the downriggers off the boat so I just have to hope launching goes smoothly.Yeah, get out there and take up the whole lake Dave ;D There's no water in there, I bet you could start some real trouble with those painters poles ;D ;D Can I go too? ;)

Blktailhunter
10-23-2008, 07:36 AM
Lord willing, I'll have a boat report tomorrow afternoon. I dug the painter poles out last night and took the downriggers off the boat so I just have to hope launching goes smoothly.

I sure hope you are the only troller out their today on that little pond with those poles. It could be a very interesting day. ;D

bowmasta
10-23-2008, 11:10 AM
Banked it yesterday at the dam, and another lockjaw day for the cutbow's >:( . Ended the day with 3 fish all about 4 lbs, but I sure had to work for them. Saw one guy get 6 or 7, but im sure he snagged a few from looking at his retreiving technique. Saw some lunkers roaming around not taking anything though probaly 5-6 pounds class. Suprisingly trollers were doing pretty good, saw one guy limit by 12:00 trolling kastmasters. Another boat was doing good with black and brown grubs to. We'll the start of this year has been rough, I supose it can only get better 8-)

-Steve

sean_mcguire
10-23-2008, 01:45 PM
me an a buddy want to go up there this weekend.
do you guys know if theyre going to stoke it this weekend. or does someone atleas have a number that i would be able to call.
and how is it doing so far?

fat_fish
10-23-2008, 01:50 PM
(209)274-4739 i think they stock every tues. good luck cf

ff

trout_searcher
10-23-2008, 04:49 PM
*Banked it yesterday at the dam, and another lockjaw day for the cutbow's *>:( . *Ended the day with 3 fish all about 4 lbs, but I sure had to work for them. *Saw one guy get 6 or 7, but im sure he snagged a few from looking at his retreiving technique. *Saw some lunkers roaming around not taking anything though probaly 5-6 pounds class. *Suprisingly trollers were doing pretty good, saw one guy limit by 12:00 trolling kastmasters. *Another boat was doing good with black and brown grubs to. *We'll the start of this year has been rough, I supose it can only get better *8-)

-Steve

Went there and tried for the first time. Spent about 5 hours at the dam and on the opposite side of the dock and went home empty handed. Some were catching fish but none for me. Tried everything in my box: pb, pm, kast master, even tried floating some flies. Lots of fish jumping but don't know what they were hitting.

I saw one fish jumped and landed onto the dock. Two guys ran to it and held it down. On the stringer it went. That was the moment of the day for me.

What were you using Bowmasta ?

outdoorsman
10-23-2008, 04:59 PM
Hopefully will make it out there this weekend. Mostly bass, but will have the fly rods again.
When i was there the trout were liking the slower sinking flies and lures. Saw a few guys slowly twitching a small kastmaster and they were doing well.

rivertamer
10-23-2008, 07:46 PM
With the water as low as it and warmer than normal, the bite won't be what you would expect with all those fat fish swimming around. The weather needs to drop 10 degrees and we need rain! :-X

bowmasta
10-23-2008, 08:29 PM
*Banked it yesterday at the dam, and another lockjaw day for the cutbow's *>:( . *Ended the day with 3 fish all about 4 lbs, but I sure had to work for them. *Saw one guy get 6 or 7, but im sure he snagged a few from looking at his retreiving technique. *Saw some lunkers roaming around not taking anything though probaly 5-6 pounds class. *Suprisingly trollers were doing pretty good, saw one guy limit by 12:00 trolling kastmasters. *Another boat was doing good with black and brown grubs to. *We'll the start of this year has been rough, I supose it can only get better *8-)

-Steve

Went there and tried for the first time. *Spent about 5 hours at the dam and on the opposite side of the dock and went home empty handed. *Some were catching fish but none for me. *Tried everything in my box: pb, pm, kast master, even tried floating some flies. *Lots of fish jumping but don't know what they were hitting.

I saw one fish jumped and landed onto the dock. *Two guys ran to it and held it down. *On the stringer it went. *That was the moment of the day for me.

What were you using Bowmasta ?

Nothing worked good, got two on pb of bottom. Another of a panther martin and one broke off from a rooster tail, lil bit of everything.

jiggity49
10-23-2008, 09:35 PM
did you try the mini jig?

fat_fish
10-23-2008, 10:18 PM
i got one on a black mini jig on sun.

ff

Trout_Terminator
10-23-2008, 11:39 PM
thinkin about hittin it up on saturday again...

bowmasta
10-24-2008, 12:11 AM
did you try the mini jig?

Yea I tried mini jigs ( all colors ) with no luck, need to give it a few weeks before Amador gets going 8-)

freon
10-24-2008, 06:19 AM
TT, Silverqueen and I will probably see you out there again ;)

tcbritton
10-24-2008, 12:50 PM
Some one pay for me to go I cant handle listening to the stories lol :'(

FishFiend916
10-24-2008, 01:07 PM
We need rain!!! I been there twice in the last two weeks and caught one. Theres alot of fish jumping and swimming around but its very tough to get them to bite. I just wonder what kind of flies theyre going after, because theyre definitely eating something on top of the water!!!

DraginBalls
10-24-2008, 01:48 PM
So puting in a 19 ft boat will be ok? Just want to check before heading down the hill.

Thanks

Draginballs

SuperDave
10-24-2008, 02:43 PM
So puting in a 19 ft boat will be ok? * Just want to check before heading down the hill.
Thanks
Draginballs

You need very competent deck hand and willing to get in a little mud. I was there today and it isn't for the faint of heart. Pictures to follow shortly.

SuperDave
10-24-2008, 03:15 PM
My wife, our friend Allison and I arrived at the lake this morning at about 7:00 a.m., in the water about 7:20 a.m. and back out of the water at about 8:00 a.m. :( :D I didn't have a good morning. This is the current launch situation:

http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/679/amador1dj3.jpg

http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/7996/amador1bvw7.jpg

http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/6632/amador2qq1.jpg

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/859/amador3xg5.jpg

http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/9226/amador4lx3.jpg

As I'm sure you can imagine, it is a tenuous job to launch. Drivers have to walk over to the floating dock by the dam to get picked up. And it isn't a quick operation. This morning, I made it through the stress of launching with 2 women and was headed out to pick Karen up at the blue docks when I realized I was taking on water. I HAD PUT IN THE PLUG. Upon close review, the livewell pump had taken a dump and the water was pouring in through the core of the pump. Now mind you, on heading back to the so called ramp, others had already gotten in line. So asking people to politely get out of the way was taken a little too lightly for me. By the third time, I had to raise my voice a little. :-[ Well, we eventually got out and Karen did a masterful job backing the trailer down under tense conditions.

We then move to the docks to try some shore fishing. The dam and the north side bank were heavily lined with fishermen and there were a lot of tubers in the water. Fish were jumping everywhere but I only saw 2 fish caught in about 3 hours.

clamkin
10-24-2008, 03:57 PM
Bummer Dave. That ramp looks flat out ugly and the pump dump certainly didn't help. :(

No Amador for me till we get some serious rain.

Martinez Frank
10-24-2008, 04:35 PM
Talk about stress, man that is no good. Glad you got the boat out in time. That ramp looks nasty

Woody
10-24-2008, 06:51 PM
Dave I have to hand it to you for putting the boat in the water in the first place, then to be under a great deal of stress and get the boat back out of the water without doing it any harm had to be quite a feat.

Just in case no one has mentioned it. We really could use some rain.

By the way Del valle is full to the top right now and the fishing is great.

Woody

freon
10-24-2008, 07:14 PM
Dave, you gave it a valiant effort, sorry to hear of your bad luck. I am planning on launching in the morning if I can, purely in an effort to bring more rain or course ;)

SuperDave
10-24-2008, 07:20 PM
James, the dam was so full of float tubes today, the boats had no room at all. They all headed to the normal areas.

white_cap
10-24-2008, 07:27 PM
That launch doesnt look like its fun, even for a small boat. The weather guru tonight, we might get some RAIN by the end of next week. I hope I hope I hope I hope I hope

fishpeddler1
10-24-2008, 08:01 PM
Upon close review, the livewell pump had taken a dump and the water was pouring in through the core of the pump.

I know that hindsight is 20/20 but maybe they should think about installing some in line valves that you can manually close just in case this happens again. (like when you're far far away from a launch.) :(

glad you made it out of there ok though.

freon
10-24-2008, 09:09 PM
James, the dam was so full of float tubes today, the boats had no room at all. They all headed to the normal areas.

Thanks for the heads up Dave, but not to worry, my boat is bigger than theirs and I have donut holes ;D
I do appreciate the heads up ;)

Trout_Terminator
10-24-2008, 09:37 PM
James, the dam was so full of float tubes today, the boats had no room at all. *They all headed to the normal areas.

Thanks for the heads up Dave, but not to worry, my boat is bigger than theirs and I have donut holes *;D
I do appreciate the heads up *;)

you should put a spear on the front of your boat and pop them if they get in your way

fat_fish
10-24-2008, 10:07 PM
that ramp looks like the water has receeded like 10 ft since sun night...don't think i'll take the 2wd truck...c y'all sun mornin w/o the boat.

ff

fishingfan
10-25-2008, 02:12 AM
Ok, so it's 3:00AM in the morning again. I just got home from fishing Amador. First off, I would like to say to all the snaggers out there tonight... t(-.-t). There must of been 3-4 different groups of guys, about 15 of them all in one corner snagging trout with 3 treble hooks on a single rod. You people make me sick...

There must of been about 30ish people out there tonight.

Me, I got skunked.

The wife was using jigs the whole night and got 3. She lost one on the power bait rod and missed a heck of a lot of hits.

Here's her 3 that she caught.
http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/5052/troutdb5.th.jpg (http://img139.imageshack.us/my.php?image=troutdb5.jpg)http://img139.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif (http://g.imageshack.us/thpix.php)

And here's the biggest one by itself. My wife's new PB. Almost 4lb'r! ;D :D (I'm holding the fish while she takes the picture)
http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3006/besttroutpi9.th.jpg (http://img207.imageshack.us/my.php?image=besttroutpi9.jpg)http://img207.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif (http://g.imageshack.us/thpix.php)

Thinking about going again soon... I got the itch now... :D

hoghunter3
10-25-2008, 04:33 AM
More pictures. Anna and I went to *Amador yesterday to pick a spot to drop the trailer in November. Can't believe how low the water is. The launch is a real beaut.

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj269/1nettell/img_2984.jpg

The Trailer Park cove

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj269/1nettell/img_2985.jpg

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj269/1nettell/img_2989.jpg

The Spillway and Tube

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj269/1nettell/img_2991.jpg

The floating dock

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj269/1nettell/img_3007.jpg

The "famous" Dennis Island. (Nothing growing even through Dennis tried to plow it with his Trolling Motor last year)

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj269/1nettell/img_2993.jpg

Not in Yaks class but I did catch a wildlife shot on the way out.
http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj269/1nettell/img_3004.jpg

Bottom line, pray for a lot of rain my friends.......

EddieTee
10-25-2008, 06:48 AM
Saddy said, but it looks like were months away from launching anything other than a canoe , Kayak or some sort of inflatable :'(

Defender
10-25-2008, 07:46 AM
Has anyone ever seen Amador this low before? Those pics are incredible. (thanks guys) You people who will attempt to launch at that ramp are braver than me. Hats off to you, and you deserve a great day on the water.

stonesfan
10-25-2008, 07:53 AM
This is about the 3rd time I've read a post about " SNAGGERS, "
can anything be done about it...........................................

Dennis
10-25-2008, 09:39 AM
even through Dennis tried to plow it with his Trolling Motor last year

[smiley=baghead.gif]

Trout_Terminator
10-25-2008, 12:28 PM
even through Dennis tried to plow it with his Trolling Motor last year

[smiley=baghead.gif]

http://assets.nonewbs.com/smilies/bowroflarms.gif

bowmasta
10-25-2008, 03:46 PM
Good new's I finally got my own boat!!!, *bought a 13 foot gregor today [smiley=elmo.gif]

YakMotor
10-25-2008, 04:33 PM
More than a few boats braved the ramp and freon (on the left) was among them. *This was about 10:30am
http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/7607/freonnotherboats566hf6.jpg

At noon I saw these guys add another nice Ama-bow to their stringer off green star point. *They had at least four.
http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/2564/boatguyholdsone636ii2.jpg

There were a few bank fishers within view of my deck. *I didn't see any with fish today, but did notice a few dealing with the steep bank and snags.
http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/5205/banknboatfishers564uv7.jpg

Took this one on Wednesday the 22nd. *Looks like they got a few nice ones.
http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/2941/wideboatstringer555tl2.jpg

There are LOTs of wild turkeys around Amador and the ones not driving boats can sometimes be seen strutting through the RV Park including this hen with her now adult size brood. *She's had the crossbow bolt through her neck for months and although it looks sad she's learned to live with it. *I frequently see large flocks on the water district office lawn at dusk. *It's just before the gate kiosk on your way in.
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/6236/henwbolt496rp0.jpg

vito
10-25-2008, 04:42 PM
That poor thing! How sad! :'( :'( :'( :'(

freon
10-25-2008, 04:43 PM
Hit the lake this morning around seven so that I could see to launch, not a problem, getting back out of the boat was another problem, that mud sure is deep *:o
Got a lot of hits today, most were soft, black grubs seemed to be the ticket. I only kept three, tossed one back, lost one around four pounds at the boat, managed to lose four or five in ftont of everyone at the dam in the afternoon *>:(
Saw one banker early with eight for three, saw a lot caught on the bank and quite a few in boats as well. Lots of folks out today. That ramp is brutal, getting worse by the day, sure do hope for rain :(
I will try and post up some pics later.

I did get a special delivery, kneedeep was up there to see Yakmotor and hit the store up for some wobbly pops and a sandwich for me and then brought them down to the docks for me, that totally rocked :D
Yakmotor offered up some his stock as well, thanks Mark, I really appreciate it ;)
Lisa was sick today, so I hit the lake by myself.

camotracker
10-25-2008, 05:43 PM
man james if you can get your boat in. than mine will will easily be able to. thanks for the heads up.

yak, thanks for the photo's like always. hope the turkey call i gave you last year still works

bow masta, congrats on the new boat ;)

we need the rain bad. couple more plants and team camo will be on the hunt. see you all on the water soon

LEO"CAMOTRACKER"

Kneedeep
10-25-2008, 06:35 PM
Hey Yackmotor, it was great seeing you today and thank you for the great deal on the reels, I will cherish them. I plan on restoring a couple for nostalgic reasons (my fishing room display case) and the other two are gonna be put to work. ;) Congrats on your new Ride, I hope it serves you well. Like I said, when we get some water in the lake I'm gonna give you a shout for a fun day on the water. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Freon, I think my Dad has heard too many of my stories. ( guess who named me Kneedeep) When he over heard us talking on the radio's, about me bringing you a fresh supply of brew and a sandwich, I think he got spooked. :o I sure appreciate the invite to join you on the water, but I know Pop's probably figured, If We got him on that boat and we had grub and brew ski's, he might not see land for a week. ;D ;D ;D He's definitely afraid to go fishing with me and Rick. ::) I can get him to fish off the bank if the lake is up and he holds the car key's. [smiley=winkfs.gif]

freon
10-25-2008, 06:42 PM
Yea Roger, I dont blame him for worrying about the two of us with a fresh supply of wobbly pops :o
It was great to see you again as well ;)

Leo, you will be fine, the best way I have figured out how to do it is with water shoes or waterproof boots and nose up into the mud directly next to the ramp and then step into the water on the ramp and tie the boat up to the dock that is out of the water and then get the trailer, or bring a friend that can back the trailer down for you, but drop them off at the blue docks, you have two to six feet of water in the channel.

BM, congrats on the new ride :D

stonesfan
10-25-2008, 10:00 PM
Hey YakMotor, interesting photo of Mr. Turkey with an arrow
sticking out of it's neck. Would anyone happen to know who
the TURKEY was who put it there.................................. >:(

fat_fish
10-25-2008, 10:20 PM
congrats bowmasta...

...does any one know if i can enter amador @ 6:30 AM? will the shop be open to pay for our fishing?

ff

Trout_Terminator
10-25-2008, 10:53 PM
yea, they ususally open up at 5:30- 6:00, so 6:30 should be fine.

-TT

fat_fish
10-25-2008, 10:57 PM
thnx tt

ff

Kneedeep
10-25-2008, 11:54 PM
congrats bowmasta...

...does any one know if i can enter amador @ 6:30 AM? *will the shop be open to pay for our fishing?

ff
You betcha, OL Bob is always there at the crack, with a big ass smile on his face, *>:( he's the old guy that opens the gate and makes the morning coffee, If you want to get the TIP for the day, just slap him on the ass and wink. *;) He'll take care of ya! ;D ;D