PDA

View Full Version : Farewell to thee, Pardee.

steveo79
10-24-2008, 04:19 PM
* * It has been a great year, and today we ended it with a bang up at Pardee. *As it closes this Sunday, it was only fitting that Stonesfan and I wrap up the season there, as we were there opening weekend back in I believe, February. *We didn't have to travel far to find the fish, we were in the first cove on the left past the no wake zone. *I was dragging my usual crawler/CB wildthing combo, and Stonesfan was throwing wooly buggers, and this Special, homemade lure, that he made up just for this trip. *The trout were in a cooperative mood, and we had out limits by noon thirty. *We had 4 in the box, had released 2 when we headed for the dang and buoy line to try that area. *An hour or so later, after running our combo's at 25-35 feet for zilch, we headed back to the fish filled security of the Outhouse Point Cove. *We filled out the SF Limit Stick for the last time at Pardee. *Very little traffic there today, guess everybody was busting it at the mudhole they call Amador. *Saw Quad King out there, he was the only Sniffer we ran into.

Thanks Stonefan, for all the trips and good company, and Thank You Pardee, for such a quality fishery. *It has been AWESOME!

Stonesfan holding the 5 best

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z100/skhardwoods/Pardee%20Lake%202008/000_6440.jpg

Me, holding the same fish, but trying to make them look "different" ;)

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z100/skhardwoods/Pardee%20Lake%202008/000_6441.jpg

Stonesfan's lure, with specific instructions to the trout.

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z100/skhardwoods/Pardee%20Lake%202008/000_6444.jpg

A good day!

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z100/skhardwoods/Pardee%20Lake%202008/000_6445.jpg

Woody
10-24-2008, 06:28 PM
Steveo / Stonesfan Glad you caught fish on your last outing to Pardee.
Stonesfan One question did the fish follow the written instructions. If so you must of only caught females.. Because guys never read the instuctions. Now you two need to come on over a fish Del Valle.

Woody

Old_School
10-24-2008, 06:45 PM
Right on guys. The weather must have been fantastic. Must have been strange seeing that lake so empty after some of those days this summer. Nothing like having a lake to yourself! I definately gained a renewed confidence at Pardee after this year. Hey Stonesfan, that may be your breakthrough idea. Personallized lures! See ya guys out on the water soon.
Old School

Chadzilla
10-24-2008, 06:50 PM
Nice pics and report fellas. I was impressed with Pardee my only time out there this year (actually ran into Stonesfan upriver and didn't know it) and will definitely be back in the spring.

Captain Compassion
10-24-2008, 06:52 PM
Sweet gentlemen. Nice pics. When will Pardee open again?

CC

Trout Tracker
10-24-2008, 06:59 PM
Pardee is a great lake to fish and love the fact that thier are no skiers or fleas.Plus when duty calls just find a brown room.
Glad to see that you got into some fish.I will be there tomorrow for my last pardee trip untill next year.
I like the fish board you have.Other than making my own how does a person get one.
Bob

quad-kings
10-24-2008, 07:35 PM
nice fish steveo79 & stonesfan. good to see sniffer buddys having a good time and catching fish on the water. well for me and my dad we could of used that lure. only 3 take downs and no fish. tried nightcrawlers,rapallas,needlefish,crimplers, and flies everything but the bite me lure. we will just have to wait till next year to redeem ourselves. *

dave_in_el_dorado
10-24-2008, 08:11 PM
way to go steveo

i was thinking of going out there tomorrow or sunday....will decide in the a.m.

i'm still high on my recent eagle lake trip, it'd be tough for any of our local lakes to measure up.

stonesfan
10-24-2008, 08:12 PM
Steveo, Great Way to close out the season, with a ........... [smiley=bomblighting.gif]
Nice fishing a new area of the lake and having success, at first I was
a little worried when we got into such shallow water, at 3-4 feet, the
bottom looked a little scary. That Wild Thing/Worm Combo sure was
the ticket today. Guess I better make room for one in my tackle box.

Thanks for making it such a Great Day. Oh, and Thanks for Filleting
my fish, now off to the Brine and Smoker.................... [smiley=chowtime.gif]

stonesfan [smiley=rollingstones.gif]

dave_in_el_dorado
10-26-2008, 10:07 AM
we had a nice afternoon out there yesterday. *got out at the crack of noon, started picking up fish trolling right out of the marina. decided to chill a while on a point near river arm, beached the boat, ate lunch, threw out a slip bobber w/ worm and caught a nice 2 pounder. *then back to trolling, the wife caught a really nice 1.5-2 lb smallie, and we picked up some more small trout. *all in all caught about 6 fish, released the dinks and bass, kept the 2 pounder for dinner........a nice farewell for Pardee........til Feb..........

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i9/jdsmith2/fish/1008093.jpg

fishlipd
10-26-2008, 12:26 PM
That lure is hilarious! ;D :o

stonesfan
10-26-2008, 06:25 PM
That lure is hilarious! *;D :o

Yea, and I was laughing the whole time I fought the Fish to the Net....

Stones [smiley=rollingstones.gif]Fan

Jonezin2fish
10-26-2008, 06:44 PM
Geez Steveo we must have blown right by you guys on the way out. We were in the white North River. I was so in a hurry to get up river I would've stopped to see Stonesfan's choice of hat today!