PDA

View Full Version : New personal best...

fat_fish
10-05-2008, 01:35 PM
Oh what a day!!! ;D ;D 8-) ;D ;D *Arrived @ the w.carson @ 6 and started fishing @ 6:20. *CC and CG showed shortly after. *It was fun seeing you guys again. *Day started off slow...no fish for the 1st 1/2 hr. *Then, when it was light enough for the trout to see my lures it was fish on like every cast or three. *Caught around 15 or so. *Kept 3 out of the 1st hole. *

Here's the 1st keeper. *
http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/9378/1000881ku1.th.jpg (http://img391.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1000881ku1.jpg)

And a keeper it was...my new personal best @ 8 lbs, 23 1/2" long, 17 1/2" around. *

After the bite slowed down it was off to Red to fill my limit w/brookies. *There were like 8 or so cars there. *I only caught 1 brookie, so back to the hole for more fun and 1 more keeper. *Left @ 11 after catching 20 fish (also a new personal best). *Got home in time for the niner's game.

Fall is here and we did get some snow yesterday.
http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/3163/1000889ab5.th.jpg (http://img296.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1000889ab5.jpg)

we need much more snow to fill caples back up
http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/4520/1000893lx0.th.jpg (http://img239.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1000893lx0.jpg)

Another memorable trip up HWY 88.

ff

joshc40
10-05-2008, 02:11 PM
NICE BRO. Always exciting beating your old record. Keep it up and good report.

Trout_Terminator
10-05-2008, 02:20 PM
Thats a huge fish bro! Is it a wild (looks like it from the fins)?

SHigSpeed
10-05-2008, 02:25 PM
Is it POSSIBLE for a wild rainbow to get that big in that river? Never been there, but it looks like a bunch of small pools linked by a trickle...

_SHig

hooks
10-05-2008, 02:30 PM
Congrats on your PB. 8-) That is a fat fish. :)

cjskier
10-05-2008, 02:31 PM

Is that a joke? I was gonna say not a chance because of the fins, I mean look at them, pathetic. Head looks scary though. Definitely a put and take fish. Porker though thats for sure. I want one that big. Nice fish!

Trout_Terminator
10-05-2008, 02:42 PM
Didint click on the pic to enlarge it at first :-[ (only saw the last fin before the tail).

bclemens81
10-05-2008, 02:48 PM
its a planter with the eagle lake strain in it. periodicly alpine county will stock these big boys in the carson rivers. but by no means are the wild trout.

still a nice fish though.

EddieTee
10-05-2008, 03:22 PM
Thanks for sharing Fat Fish, wish I was up there with ya!~!!
Eddie TEE

Mackattack
10-05-2008, 03:23 PM
Nice little pig you got there from W.Carson. As for the snow and Caples I suggest we all bring a couple 5 gal. buckets of water every time we drive by and help fill it back up again. [smiley=bath.gif]

*Mackattack

fishwish
10-05-2008, 05:56 PM
That's a FAAAAAATTTT fish! Holy Cow! What kinda test were you using and how was the battle?

mrsockeye
10-05-2008, 06:02 PM
Wow, that is a fat one, the cutt I got today was 26" and only 5 pounds 8 ounces. That is a hog! Congrats on a nice day.

camotracker
10-05-2008, 06:07 PM
nice going on the PB FF, she took you for a ride today. ;) sound like a good day to me

LEO"CAMOTRACKER"

cgagex3
10-05-2008, 07:05 PM
Nice fishing with you again today FF,and seeing you up there Capt. It was darn cold down in that hole until the sun found us. It was a great PB for you, I think the fish that I hooked and fought for 5 minutes before he finally broke my off in the rocks would have beat mine as well. That beast had to be close to 10lbs. Next time bring a net with about an 8 ft handle so I don't have to get it quite so close to shore. ;)
I did manage to hook a nice 6 1/4 lb fish after you left. I will post a pic later. That was tough to land by myself.
I still can't believe that we had that hole alone all morning. Nobody else came fishing by the time that I left.

See you up that way again before the snows come.

CG

-king_fisher-
10-05-2008, 07:42 PM
where along the carson is this at? i usually fish that little foot bridge, but aparently thats not where the bigguns are at.

atavuss
10-05-2008, 07:51 PM
nice fish FF! I was at Red Lake all morning (tan 4 door 4 wheel drive Toyota). did I see CC, CG, and fat fish there? I was fishing with my son by where the big rocks are and where the trees start below the end of the paved road. we ended up with 5 brookies and lost probably 10 or 15 that did not stick.

cgagex3
10-06-2008, 05:27 AM
Yes atavuss all three of us hit Red at different times. After a brief stop by to say hello Capt left us at the bridge and went on to Red. Then FF left and went to about a hour before me. He and the Capt must have passed on the road, Capt came back by the river to say high on his way home just before I left to Red.
Red will break soon, the weeds and the green are starting to break. About 2 more weeks of cold and it will be hot.

CG

red_perception
10-06-2008, 06:52 AM
Nice job landing those big planters in small water!!! Good luck, Eric :)

buzzbait
10-06-2008, 09:30 AM
Piggy. Love it. Thanks for the pics.

fat_fish
10-06-2008, 11:40 AM
nice fish FF! *I was at Red Lake all morning *(tan 4 door 4 wheel drive Toyota). *did I see CC, CG, and fat fish there? *I was fishing with my son by where the big rocks are and where the trees start below the end of the paved road. *we ended up with 5 brookies and lost probably 10 or 15 that did not stick. *

great job on the brooks...i only landed one in the hr i was there and it had white meat. wierd as they usually have bright pinkish orange meat out of there. we'll see what it tastes like tonight. were you the two in cammo under the trees and out of the wind? i was in my black dodge nitro and fished probably 1/4 of the way down the dam. i think i'll try your spot next time. i would've stayed longer if i had that spot.

ff

fat_fish
10-06-2008, 11:44 AM
its a planter with the eagle lake strain in it. periodicly alpine county will stock these big boys in the carson rivers. but by no means are the wild trout.

still a nice fish though.

correct...cc told me that they are the donaldson strain from the susanville hatchery. two of them had bright pink meat. those were 1 1/2 lbs and 2 1/2 lbs. they do a great job raising those fish. and man the teeth were mean when i was cleaning it.

ff

fat_fish
10-06-2008, 11:51 AM
That's a FAAAAAATTTT fish! Holy Cow! What kinda test were you using and how was the battle?

i was using 8 lb p-line...last time i was there i used 4 lb p-line and lost 3 monsters and landed one 6 lber. it fought for a good 5-7 mins and my drag was kinda loose @ 1st...then a coupple of clicks clockwise to try and gain control...still no control...i was worried because cg hooked a monster like him and it kept swimming under the rocks...eventually his 4 lb braided line freyed and snapped...i had to wait for him to tire out...finally i saw my opportunity as his head came to the surface and i drug him to cc with the net waiting. those fish really put up a fun fight.

ff

fat_fish
10-06-2008, 11:57 AM
Nice fishing with you again today FF,and seeing you up there Capt. It was darn cold down in that hole until the sun found us. It was a great PB for you, I think the fish that I hooked and fought for 5 minutes before he finally broke my off in the rocks would have beat mine as well. That beast had to be close to 10lbs. Next time bring a net with about an 8 ft handle so I don't have to get it quite so close to shore. *;)
I did manage to hook a nice 6 1/4 lb fish after you left. I will post a pic later. That was tough to land by myself.
I still can't believe that we had that hole alone all morning. Nobody else came fishing by the time that I left.

See you up that way again before the snows come.

CG

i saw your net and most of the larger fish wouldn't fit in it. i contemplated jumping in and netting yours while i was waiting by the falls, but it was far too cold and i didn' want to entice a strong run and jump. you did a great job fighting that fish, but he got lucky. remember i saw your fish. it looked as long as mine but not quite as fat. sure was a good time w/you guys. see ya soon.

any one know how long those beautiful colors last inthe trees? my wife wants to go and take pics next time.

ff

cowboyfisher21
10-06-2008, 12:18 PM
great job on those fish ff.me and the captain planted them friday. the colors will last for maybee 2 more weeks. half the trees have lost the majority of their leaves but they should last for a week or 2. the blue lakes road has the most aspens! *:)

Captain Compassion
10-06-2008, 01:44 PM
Congrats again FF. It was nice seeing you again. The 8# lines helps in that current and it also helps to have a good net man and a good net. ;) :D

CC

http://www.graywave.org/sniffer/ffnet.jpg

fat_fish
10-06-2008, 03:49 PM
Congrats again FF. It was nice seeing you again. The 8# lines helps in that current and it also helps to have a good net man and a good net. ;) :D

CC

http://www.graywave.org/sniffer/ffnet.jpg

couldn't have asked for a better net man capt. thanks again.

ff

atavuss
10-06-2008, 04:48 PM
nice fish FF! *I was at Red Lake all morning *(tan 4 door 4 wheel drive Toyota). *did I see CC, CG, and fat fish there? *I was fishing with my son by where the big rocks are and where the trees start below the end of the paved road. *we ended up with 5 brookies and lost probably 10 or 15 that did not stick. *

great job on the brooks...i only landed one in the hr i was there and it had white meat. *wierd as they usually have bright pinkish orange meat out of there. *we'll see what it tastes like tonight. *were you the two in cammo under the trees and out of the wind? *i was in my black dodge nitro and fished probably 1/4 of the way down the dam. *i think i'll try your spot next time. *i would've stayed longer if i had that spot.

ff

FF, that was us. some of the fish we caught had white meat as well.
there were still a lot of aspens that were still green, but most have turned and lost their leaves. I have a three day weekend coming up this weekend........guess where I will be? :D
does the Carson Inn have a website?

seasquirt
10-22-2008, 09:23 PM
You guys are big heros, why don't you just hold the net behind the truck when they are dumping them in...............

johnbfishin
10-22-2008, 09:52 PM
You guys are big heros, why don't you just hold the net behind the truck when they are dumping them in...............

No, they are just fisherman having fun.....get over yourself.