PDA

View Full Version : Pyramid 10/18,19

GW_Extreme
10-21-2008, 02:27 PM
What a beautiful weekend! Fished Saturday and Sunday at the very southwest end of the lake. On Saturday I caught 7 of which 2 were in the 19-20inch range a couple to small and the rest 20-24. Best success was with a red spoon with black dots, got a couple with yellow flat fish with red dots. All fish were at 20ft otw. Tried everything else lures depths but nothing else worked. Sunday went to the same spot but only got 2.

Talked to a couple other campers who said they had great luck jigging somewhere on the north east shore, did not get details.

Pryamid is such a big lake it is a little intimidating when you are not catching fish on one side of the lake. Where do you go then? I guess I will have to make a few more trips.

GW

Mickey_Thomas
10-21-2008, 05:38 PM
I guess I will have to make a few more trips.
exactly GW, after a few trips you'll learn more spots, after 6 years of fishing that lake I know all the spots and sometimes still can't find fish. ;D Keep changing lures, speed, and depths, you'll get them most all the time ;)

CHEESECAKELADY
10-21-2008, 07:51 PM
ODDIE has been fishing that lake for 40 years and he still misses quite often. I have fished it since 1988 and I get skunked regularly so don't give up cause it is still a great fishing challenge.

Dee

GW_Extreme
10-22-2008, 06:44 AM
I will definitely keep trying. I luv that lake, if it were closer I would go all the time.

fpsamm
10-22-2008, 06:50 AM
Dee, don't worry about the fish or fishing, just keep on making those great """CHEESE CAKES"""

Samm

CHICKFISHING58
10-22-2008, 07:03 AM
GW,
It was great meeting you and your wife sounds like we had the opposite days I did better on Sunday than Sat.

The weather should be nice through next weekend ;)