PDA

View Full Version : Quarry lakes report

joshc40
10-19-2008, 08:38 PM
Got to lake last Saturday around 7:15 and had first and only fish on at around 8. Hit rainbow powerbait real close to shore. The guy next to us had four on his stringer before we left at 11. He was fishing in a real deep pool. All the fish are very deep right now. I was casting out pretty far and only got one hit=/. Pretty slow at Quarry right now. I didn't heed to any of the warnings but it was fun nonetheless. My bro caught the fish and it turned out to be a nice three pounder. I was happy to see him catch it cause it was his second trout ever caught at Quarry. My only advice would be to get there as early as possible and cast way way out there or find some deep water. I saw a couple fish jumping close to shore so I tossed a couple panther martins out there but only managed two small bass that were released safely and unharmed. Lures seem like a pretty good idea but I'm not any good at fishing with them. The guy next to me was using yellow powereggs. Nothing bit his crawlers and powerbait only caught us one so I would stick with powereggs. Good luck and God bless.

Josh

CountryBoy
10-19-2008, 09:11 PM
what area of the lake were you fishing?

ryanerb
10-19-2008, 10:17 PM
Thanks for the report Josh.

joshc40
10-20-2008, 03:17 PM
what area of the lake were you fishing?
Can't tell you that man. Gotta keep the spot on the low if you know what i mean ;)

joshc40
10-20-2008, 03:19 PM
Thanks for the report Josh.
Not a problem bro.