PDA

View Full Version : Lessons learned from first time Pyramid fest

Pyramid_Kid
10-14-2008, 08:32 AM
*I learned a few lessons to take with me to future Fests. *Do not change spots at the fire, unless you want an extra shot of Tokillya, and to explain that you already had two shots doesn't work. Just choke it down and shut up. *Lesson number two. *Bring enough clothes for an artic expedition. *Lesson number three. *Long Johns are still warm after they stink from wearing them for three days. *Lesson number four. *Chico [smiley=cuckoo.gif] can still function the next day after consuming enough beer to float my boat. *Lesson number five. *BigB can't operate anything if it says Cannon on it.

I cant help but get a chuckle out of that. Yes this year was not the best year but it was still a good time. Its not supposed to be about the fishing, but more about the fellowship and comroddery. But dont get me wrong I still like catching fish.

johnbfishin
10-14-2008, 08:48 AM
My sentiments exactely PK.
I met a lot of new folks, too many to name without leaving some out so I'll just say it was a pleasure meeting you all. Even with all the time on the beach I still missed some, there's always next time though.

Jetspray
10-14-2008, 08:50 AM
PK it was nice to meet you and fellow sniffers up there this year. Heaters and long johns were a must as well as lighter fluid handed around the campfire. Without the wood and body fuel it would have been alot tougher.....Jetspray

SuperDave
10-14-2008, 08:52 AM
Problem was, the weather even made standing outside difficult. 15 minute increments was about all my eyes could take.

fat_fish
10-14-2008, 11:44 AM
Problem was, the weather even made standing outside difficult. *15 minute increments was about all my eyes could take. *

goggles w/wiper blades would be an excellent x-mas present...lol.

ff

June first
10-15-2008, 04:25 PM
Sorry I had to miss this one.... >:(
I found that I HAD to work Friday and Saturday :'(
Looks like the weather didn't cooperate, which makes me feel a little better about missing this.
I WILL BE THERE IN THE SPRING!!!!!!!!!
Thanks all for the pictures to remind me of what I missed out on.

ric1ric
10-15-2008, 04:33 PM
Thanks all for the pictures to remind me of what I missed out on.

Wait till you see the DVD!!

June first
10-15-2008, 04:54 PM
Wait till you see the DVD!!
looking forward to it , almost as much as I look forward to April! ;D

untalan1
10-15-2008, 06:18 PM
SorryI wasn't able to make this fest, hope I'll make the spring fest.Looks a little nippy but sounds like everyone had a good time

CHICKFISHING58
10-16-2008, 08:39 AM
Heck when I took my long johns off they started walking away they were so stiff ::) [smiley=rotfl2.gif]

ridealong
10-16-2008, 03:35 PM
I learned that I dont really ever want to go to Pyramid and camp in a TENT again. its been a week, and I still have sand issues......

Mackattack
10-17-2008, 11:23 AM
I learned that I dont really ever want to go to Pyramid and camp in a TENT again. its been a week, and I still have sand issues......

Am thinking about renting a trailer in Reno next time !

Mackattack
P.S. I thru my tent away up there the zipper failed due to the wind whip.

ridealong
10-17-2008, 11:34 AM
When John won his 500 bucks in Boomtown on our way out of town on Sunday, we went into Cabella's. Looked at tent's. But we didnt want to plunk down the whole 500 on just a tent. We walked out empty handed. How's that for self control??? *;D ;D ;D
There are some nice tent's out there, some I doubt another sand storm like Pyamid could touch.....there are many factors in buying one. So shopping around and doing research on exactly what we want is in order.
Well see........
all I know is I wont camp in a tent at Pyramid prolly ever again. Not my idea of a grand time........

ric1ric
10-17-2008, 02:19 PM
You can get a cabin a Crosbys comfortable, no frills, But you need to book way ahead. The only thing we didn't like about them was having to drive to there after the bomb fire( no what I mean) ;)

Jetspray
10-17-2008, 02:25 PM
Ric1ric under those conditions after the bomb fire you probably would have gone passed Crosby's and headed home not knowing it.....Jetspray

metalmouth
10-17-2008, 02:35 PM
You can get a cabin a Crosbys comfortable, no frills, But you need to book way ahead. The only thing we didn't like about them was having to drive to there after the bomb fire( no what I mean) ;)
Yup, staying at Crosby I couldn't have as much fun as the rest of the crowd when I was there because . . . ;D

ric1ric
10-17-2008, 03:57 PM
My point exactly

froggie
10-18-2008, 01:48 PM
Don't know about that Ric, we stayed at Crosby's & I had my fill of jello shots & that Milagro was awesome, not to mention all the FUN we had with everyone. Lot's of talking, laughing & just a general good time. What a great bunch of FRIENDLY people. Renting an RV at Reno though sounds like a great idea too.
Froggie [smiley=cheerleader.gif]

Kell_I
10-18-2008, 03:36 PM
Froggie rent the RV ! that means more Jello Shots [smiley=cheers.gif]

Mackattack
10-18-2008, 04:34 PM
Best deal I have found so far is about 200$ a day for a trailer ?

*Mackattack