PDA

View Full Version : Stanislaus river conditions?

Ugbomb
10-15-2008, 08:13 PM
Ok I am still planning a two day trip for NEXT weekend. I havent been river fishing in years. I invited my father and a buddy from work. I want to do some river fishing that I can float some salmon eggs or toss out a lure. I was planning the Big Trees Area. Is this area burnt? Low water? Remember I haven't been trout fishing in rivers for over 8 years. I lived in Humboldt County, and Japan at that time. In Humbodt the rivers are only salmon/steelhead in certain times of the year not to mention the infestation of the pike minnow in the Eel River. No trout in the streams up there. I am trying to plan this and really dont know what I'm doing. If anyone needed to catch leapords, lings, and the occasional striper talk to me but man am I rusty with the trout/river techniques! :( ;)

maphead
10-16-2008, 09:03 AM
I believe you'll find low water just about everywhere. I haven't been up hwy 4 since late July and it was getting low even then. But that doesn't mean you couldn't find some good water holding fish.

I fished the Stanislaus up hwy 108 a couple of weeks ago. Below Pinecrest the water was up due to damn releases and the fishing was fair.

How much time to you have? You may want to concider the Walker or East Carson.

Mackattack
10-16-2008, 10:12 AM
Call Ebbetts Pass Sporting goods in Arnold and they can help you out with that entire region. Good luck.

Mackattack