PDA

View Full Version : Chabot 10/13

CountryBoy
10-14-2008, 09:31 AM
I went to Chabot yesterday in the evening. Fished from 4 to 7. I didnt catch anything but I was geting bites. they were biting very light and I couldnt hook 'em. I was fishing with Worms and powerbait. I have found tht the evening is more productive than the morning. Though I didnt catch anything thats when I got bites. A few more weeks of this cold weather and the fishing will be good. Its just a matter of time. Ill probably be going back tomorrow evening and Ill let you know how I do. ;)
CountryBoy

Sideliner
10-14-2008, 10:05 AM
Good Luck CB, I was thinking of going on Saturday morning.
Thanks for the report.

tbruski
10-14-2008, 10:46 AM
It looks like they are planting there this week. Maybe things will pick up ;)

CountryBoy
10-14-2008, 09:30 PM
things will definitely pick up soon. They've planted a lot of fish and from what I understand the majority of the plants have been from Mt. Lassen, which means we wont be catching 12 inch DFG fish ;D

RolandMartinJr.
10-15-2008, 06:08 PM
The trout fishing is pretty good for the first two hours after sunrise in bass cove. *I caught 3 on Saturday and 4 on Sunday. *They were all from mt. lassen, fat 15-21"ers. *I only kept one each day a 3 1/2 and 2 1/2 pounder for the wife. *On sunday I had 9 huge rips on the kastmaster. *I lost the first 3 because from a dull hook. *Changed treble hooks and starting getting them in. *These fish had full tails and were going crazy airborn. *One jumped about 7 or 8 times. *Fun times nailing them fatties from the shore. * *Havn't posted for a while. Just got internet going again. *I've been sneaking out every weekend morning while the wife and baby are sleeping and catching trout every time. *Fire tiger kastmasters have been working the best. *Just tossing them off the bank. *I was burning the lure and getting the most bites. *
http://i465.photobucket.com/albums/rr16/ScottyDub/chabottrout001-3-1.jpg?t=1224122891