PDA

View Full Version : Pyramid Sunday 10/12 - and why to start them young

Majakat
10-13-2008, 09:15 AM
We had some fun and the bomb fire saturday, then came back to fish sunday - *were crazy and went across the lake to below the island and trolled around in shallow water - and caught a 16" on a long line about 170 feet back - wavy, rocking cold cold - almost cried uncle but kept going... *started trolling through the middle of the lake on the way back to the west, and caught 2 more on the long line about 150 out, in like 120 feet of water - lure couldnt have been more than 5 feet deep, a non weighted flatfish *1 was a keeper - other too small - then below sutcliff got one 18" on the downrigger

the 9 year old caught and reeled in 2 of those long line catches- but look at him in this pic- wont come close to the fish! *

http://cyberclick.com/gonzo/pix/2.jpg

and notice the 21 month old trying to put his fingers in the toothy mouth!

http://cyberclick.com/gonzo/pix/1.jpg

over to the left you can see the last few of the die hard campers out there...

shadbuster
10-13-2008, 09:21 AM
Great report, Looks like you got yourself a pretty good fisherman there, he is only 9 years old and is already catching bigger fish than me. Give him time and he will be handling the fish like a pro ;).

Captain Compassion
10-13-2008, 09:48 AM
Beautiful Mom and Dad too. Glad there were some brave folks that went and got some. Love all them smiles.

CC

Rusty_Hooks
10-13-2008, 09:55 AM
Glad you got out Sunday, it looked pretty good as I pulled away toward home....

You're right....you can't start them too young ;)

Nice job hanging in there.... ;)

metalmouth
10-13-2008, 09:59 AM
Great report! [smiley=thumbsup.gif] He looks like a natural born fisherman to me! *:D

CHICKFISHING58
10-13-2008, 10:06 AM
Catherine,
It was great to finally meet you and your family you have a beautiful family.
I know we will see more of each other on the water till then take care my friend :)

miketaylor
10-13-2008, 10:42 AM
nice looking fish good job with that patience......brrrrrrrrrrrrrr ... ;) steve

Munnster
10-13-2008, 01:52 PM
Myself and Kokoloco were set to go but the weather made us think different. This spring we will be there! Glad everyone who braved it out had a great time.

Fisher-Munn