PDA

View Full Version : Trolling Pyramid Lake In NV

trouttroller
10-10-2008, 11:32 AM
Hello fellow Fisherman,

I just moved into the Lyon County area and a friend that I work with told me to check out Pyramid Lake. *I wanted to know if anyone can give me some info on how to fish there. *I have a Scotty Automatic downrigger as well as leadcore. *I understand the regs of the place but have no idea on where to get my daily Tribal Fishing Permit?? *Also, does the lake allow 2-stroke motors? *I also wanted to know the best way to get there from Dayton. *Thanks for your help.

Trouttroller ;)

deep_troller
10-10-2008, 12:03 PM
fromm dayton east to stop sign at silver springs , left to fernley to stop light, left turn to under the freeway anf go north to sign that says pyramid lake etc. 2 stroke o k

trouttroller
10-10-2008, 12:11 PM
Thanks Deep Troller

I heard to use Tui Chubs and Shad Raps with Green and White or Chart. and white... No bait allowed also.?

deep_troller
10-10-2008, 12:47 PM
you can use wooly worms in black, white, or purple. pinch barbs shut , 1 on bottom and 1 about 2 feet up and another 4-5 feet up your sinker to get it down, no live bait

miketaylor
10-10-2008, 12:50 PM
Trouttroller, Yerington Lyon County here..just go to si ;)lver springs, go to Reno, follow signs to pyramid.....good luck, Steve

SneakAttack
10-10-2008, 07:35 PM
Hello fellow Fisherman,

I just moved into the Lyon County area and a friend that I work with told me to check out Pyramid Lake. *I wanted to know if anyone can give me some info on how to fish there. *I have a Scotty Automatic downrigger as well as leadcore. *I understand the regs of the place but have no idea on where to get my daily Tribal Fishing Permit?? *Also, does the lake allow 2-stroke motors? *I also wanted to know the best way to get there from Dayton. *Thanks for your help.

Trouttroller ;)
Depending on which side of Dayton you're on, it may be faster to take 395 up to 80S then to 445 (Pymd Lake hwy). My suggestion though is to take 50E to (Dayton) 95A (north, that's a left turn for you) through Fernley on Main St. under Hwy80 and right on 447. Use google maps to find the fastest route.

Regs:
http://www.crosbylodge.com/fishing/regs_highlights.htm

Highlights:
* NO BAIT FISHING. Only artificial lures and flies are allowed.
* Only one combination rod, line and not more than two hooks (which may be single, double or treble), shall be used by one person at any time and such equipment shall be closely attended by such person while fishing,
* Hours for fishing and boating are restricted to one hour before sunrise through one hour after sunset. Official sunrise and sunset times can be found in most daily newspapers.
* Any person who has attempted any fishing effort (even if the didn't catch anything) is required to stop and report all information at the Creel Census Station, When it is open. Normal hours of operation are Saturday and Sunday, 10:15 a.m. to 5:45 p.m. (some exceptions may apply). The Creel Census Station is located on Pyramid Highway, near the Pyramid Lake Store.
* ATV's and Two Wheeled off road vehicles are banned from the Reservation Boundaries.

If you have a small boat (any boat for that matter), please be aware of the weather conditions. It gets flat out nasty there this time of year. Pyramid has been known to get some large waterspouts and white caps.

Best, and welcome to LyCo!
SA

Pyramid_Kid
10-10-2008, 08:05 PM
Where to get your permits really depends on what way you go to get to the lake. * You say you live in Lyon County, so Im going to assume (bad on my part) that you live in either Fernley, Silver Springs, Stage Coach, or Dayton. * Its my opinion that reguardless of where you live from the places I listed, it would likely be fastest if you went Via Fernley to Wadsworth and head out to the lake that way. *There is a little gas station/RV park at the Wadsworth exit that will carry all of the permits you need for Pyramid lake. Camping, fishing, boating, and day use. *I would stop there for your permits as it is the closest place to stop on your way to the lake going through Wadsworth. *Or you could stop at Crosby lodge but that may take you out of your way a little depending on where you wanted to go on the lake. *

If you where to go out to Pyramid Via Sparks up Pyramid Way (state Route 445) *You could stop at alot of places. *Sportsmans Warehouse carries permits, Mark Fore and Strike, and a select few of the Longs drugs. *Or you could hit the 7/11, or Terribles gas station in Spanish Springs, and last of all the Pyramid Lake store. It will be on your left once it looks like your out in the middle of nowhere. *

I personally go to the 7/11 or the Terribles in Spanish Springs as they are open 24 hrs 7 days a week. So no matter how early or late you head out you can purchase a permit. *I believe the same to be true with the gas station at the Wadsworth exit.