PDA

View Full Version : Jenkinson Lake 10/5 HOT!!!

JMat
10-05-2008, 08:13 PM
You never know with this lake if you're gonna hit it when its hot or cold.
Well for me today it was HOT!!!
Got a very late start today, left my house at 11 and was on the water at 11:20. *First LDR was 11:22 and first fish in the boat was at 11:25. *I knew that with that much action right out of the gate it would have to be a good day... *And I wasn't let down
Worked my way from the main ramp out to the islands and then across to the second dam and followed the eastern shore north to the no-wake zone. I turned around then to retrace my route. *I had marked some huge fish on my first pass and was tired of catching these planters so I decided to toss out some big hardware. *At that point I trolled for another 1 1/2 hours for nothing.
All in all a great day at Jenkinson... *In the first 2 1/2 hours I caught 19 fish and had at least that many SDR's and LDR's. *I was able to mark tons of fish and could almost call a hook-up based on my fish finder. Great Day and it'll keep getting better.
I caught fish everywhere, other than a couple really nice holdovers all the fish were planters and were released to fight another day.

JMat

Majakat
10-06-2008, 04:28 AM
What a great day! Congrats!!

Tell me please! What does SDR's and LDR's stand for?

JMat
10-06-2008, 05:39 AM
LDR(Long Distance Release)
SDR(Short Distance Release)

I'm not sure about the exact definition but for me if I see the fish it's and SDR, otherwise it's an LDR.

JMat

Antonio_Banderas
10-08-2008, 10:26 AM
Very interested in checking out Jenkinson. The location and elevation is right for a quick one night camping trip.

How was the water level there Jmat?

rivertamer
10-08-2008, 10:36 AM
Thanks for the report and glad you had a good day there.

fat_fish
10-08-2008, 12:33 PM
AB- when i drove by on my way up 88 the water level seems to be the same as it has been all year.

ff

Talon
10-10-2008, 11:36 AM
SDR=short distance release, next to the net. LDR=long distance release, sort of like maybe you had one and maybe it was a stick.

Antonio_Banderas
10-10-2008, 03:43 PM
AB- when i drove by on my way up 88 the water level seems to be the same as it has been all year.

ff

Sweet FF 8-)

I just bought some ultragreen for my new reel and looks like the crew is rolling the weekend of the 24, 25. . .

Any ideas on open campgrounds that time of the month? Looks like most everything in Eldorado Forest is closing or is closed :( Cold be darned! We are going camping.

JMat
10-10-2008, 06:23 PM
AB,

The lake is still pretty good considering how little rain we had this year. Probably down about 20+'The launch ramp still has two lanes open but may be down to one pretty soon.
I would call about camping... The second ramp and some of the back campgrounds closed early because they're repaving the road. I have a buddy up there this weekend and all the closer campgrounds are open and he had no problem getting a spot. I'll be back there tomorrow so if you want more info let me know.

JMat