PDA

View Full Version : Pinecrest

Seon
10-06-2008, 06:41 PM
What's the water level at Pinecrest? My son and I are headed up there for a weekend fishing/camping trip. He'll pull his 5'er and I'll pull my aluminum boat. BTW how's the bite up there??

Slackline
10-06-2008, 08:01 PM
Seon
This is the last week for the marina to be open. The water is down to the point that some of the boat docks are on the ground. My dad and I have been going two times a week for the last month, caught our limit each time :). Trolling from the docks toward the Dam has been real good on worms. Lots of people catching them soaking Rainbow Glitter Powerbait in 30' of water off the (now gone)swim area

Seon
10-07-2008, 06:06 AM
Seon
This is the last week for the marina to be open *

Thanks for your report.

Being that the marina will be closed, can I still lauch my boat?

Wow, I guess I'll have to look else where to camp and fish *:-/

buzzbait
10-07-2008, 07:47 AM
You better call them to be sure Seon.

Might want to consider New Bullards or maybe Buck's Lake. Probably get there in the same amount of time depending on where you are.

Blktailhunter
10-07-2008, 07:47 AM
Before you cancel give them a call and see if you can still launch.

Pinecrest Lake Marina
(209) 965-3333

Seon
10-07-2008, 10:14 AM
Thanks for the replies. *I just called the marina and was told that the ramps stays open but at your own risk. *The water level is low but ramp should be still useable until next Tuesday at best, unless "they" release more water into the lake.

BTW I've fishing the Delta.... where's New Bullards or Buck Lake? *

Thanks again.

Chadzilla
10-07-2008, 06:17 PM
As long as the water is still up to the ramp, you shouldn't have any trouble launching. I've even seen guys launch 12-14' aluminums when the water is below the ramp... just be careful for some submerged stumps when you're headed out. I also believe the campground is open at least through October.

Mackattack
10-07-2008, 08:30 PM
Thanks for the replies. *I just called the marina and was told that the ramps stays open but at your own risk. *The water level is low but ramp should be still useable until next Tuesday at best, unless "they" release more water into the lake.

BTW I've fishing the Delta.... where's New Bullards or Buck Lake? *

Thanks again.
Not near the delta> Bullards Bar off Hy49 above Auburn. Bucks lake off Hy70 I think near Quincy.

*Mackattack