PDA

View Full Version : shasta derby

FISHERWALLY
10-07-2008, 09:42 AM
Anyone doing the Shasta derby I havent seen many post, Does anyone know if ramps are still in what water is left. And has anyone been fishing the lake latley ???

fisherwally (john) ;)

wagonmaster
10-07-2008, 11:52 AM
Just spoke to Gary at Shasta Tackle .He says that the lake has turned over and the fishing is good. The bite is close to the surface. Should be a good event....
I cant go........

Lil_Richy
10-07-2008, 02:46 PM
I was up 2 weeks ago and the fishin wasn't too bad. At that time most of the fish were in the 60-80' depth but it sounds like the lake has cooled and the fish are movin on up. I'm heading up on Thurs afternoon so I can get a full day of pre-fishing in on Fri. The lake is down about 150' which is about 20-30' lower than it was for last year's derby so I'm guessing the areas that worked last year may not be the ticket this year. A good portion of the ramps are high and dry so if you're looking to put in and still have easy access to I-5, I'd go with Bridge Bay or the dam. Good luck in the derby and we'll see you on the water. Give me a wave....I have a grey and white Customweld jet with a tower and lights on top. ;)
Rich

fish_junky
10-07-2008, 03:16 PM
I'am almost sure me and Kokoloco are going to sign up for it.

sugarloaf
10-07-2008, 07:17 PM
Hi Shasta Derby goers.Let me put your concerns at ease. Shasta has plenty of water the lake is down 151 feet. At this level there is 190 miles of shore line left. The Sugarloaf boat ramp should be usable along with Bridge Bay,Centamudi and Jones Valley. Feel free to contact me at Sugarloaf Cottages Resort 1-800-953-4432 for last minute launching information. this weekend the fishing should be fantastic. The Trout are on the surface. There are huge balls of shad. .
Edited for content by troutfan
Harold Jones,
Shasta Lake Trout Derby,
Sugarloaf Cottages Resort,
1-800-953-4432
www.shastacabins.com *